Thread: what prop should i run with a leo 4074

Default what prop should i run with a leo 4074

i plan to blueprint and upgrade my mystic over the winter and was seriously thinking on getting a leo 4074 could amyone give your thought and opinions on this, i would like to push the hull to its limits, ( i also want to beef up the inside with f/glass, removing all ply wood) i plan on just using the 2s2p 5200mah packs that i already have,, mabee a 3674 would be a better choice?? idk

i welcome all advice and opinions
    many thanks
    proboat mystic, preditator outrigger, tt desparado jr, vac-u-vee jr, aqua craft top speed v2, dumas 1/8 scale hydro

Don't know too much about the Mystic but the 4074 should work out okay in that sized hull. You typed 2S2P which is two 2s packs in parallel. If thats what you meant, running the two packs in series or 4S1P would work better. But with only 5200 mah, run times will be kind of short. A nice sport set up would be a 4074 (2200kv), Turnigy 180 Speed controller and start off with a Octura 442 prop. I do suggest 4s2p as it will be easier on the batteries and controller. A ton of people run this set up on similar sized hulls with success and the cool thing about it is if you get tired of the Mystic or the hull gets damaged, the motor/esc will work in most hulls up to about 34 inches.

The only thing I would change from chilli is that I run a x642 with great results.
    white geico w/2200kv 3674 leopard 53.5mph 4s2p, geico w/ 1800kv outrunner 52mph on 4s2p, genesis w/2200kv castle 53.8 on 4s2p, impulse 31 w/2200kv castle, stock p1 and ul-1

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    Don't know too much about the Mystic but the 4074 should work out okay in that sized hull. You typed 2S2P which is two 2s packs in parallel. If thats what you meant, running the two packs in series or 4S1P would work better. But with only 5200 mah, run times will be kind of short. A nice sport set up would be a 4074 (2200kv), Turnigy 180 Speed controller and start off with a Octura 442 prop. I do suggest 4s2p as it will be easier on the batteries and controller. A ton of people run this set up on similar sized hulls with success and the cool thing about it is if you get tired of the Mystic or the hull gets damaged, the motor/esc will work in most hulls up to about 34 inches.
    ya im not sure how to say it but im thinking on 2x 7.4v packs to make 14.8
    proboat mystic, preditator outrigger, tt desparado jr, vac-u-vee jr, aqua craft top speed v2, dumas 1/8 scale hydro

Quote Originally Posted by stadiumyamaha View Post
    The only thing I would change from chilli is that I run a x642 with great results.
    right now stock motor and esc im runnin a graupner K series 2317 its a 45dx1.45p,,and it works really well all temps are realitivly cool to the touch here is the link,
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=grp-2317.45

i know the stock prop is 40mm and the boat seems really slow with it, i just happen to have the carbon prop on hand( i dunno if its the best or if there is better but its what i had)

what prop are you runnin on your 1800 geico to get those speeds?, mine wont keep up to a stock mc with a grim racer 4255 prop if i run stock prop, with the carbon prop i can just keep up,
    i apreciate all the help you can give me

Stock motor + 180 esc.Prather 220

With a leo 4074 2150 kv 2x nano 2s 4500. 442 prop, then 642 later

Mind you he did not push it as it was the irst time out with the leo.

Here he go a little more on the throttle

Drammen rock City

those boats are hauling azz big time

thanks. The geico is mine. and as you can see I cannot get the bounch 100% out, but the mystic pnp I fixed for my friend, is running pritty smooth. Love the rudder proboat had made, I have the kintec, but I planning to remove it and come up with something else, it's dragging to much in the water.

Also seems that the Quality of the hull, ore the sponsons are better on the mystic compared to my geico, it was pritty easy to get it dialed it in.

stock motor with the 180 + prather 220 gave me (cheap uppgrade) good speed and run times, and with the 65-130c lipos eveen better speed.
    Drammen rock City

i'd like to put a gps on my mistic just to see how fast its really going,, it looks like its going mid 40's but i sukk at guessing speed lol heck it could be doing 50 and i wouldnt know

I would say taht the mystic with the 2150kv and some good 4s (65-130c) and the 642 is fast enought. It's only so much the hull can take. I like to run with the m445 on my geico, but the 642 worked pritty good on the mystic.
    Drammen rock City

right now im running stock motor and esc with a prop that would be equivalent to the m445 and it goes pretty good but i think with a 4074 2200 kv it would be alot better your geico goes like snott id be very happy with that,, i think that would be my goal for speed any more than that i dont think the hull would handle it

With the stock motor and a prather 220 and 2x 2s 4500 and 5000 lipo's I got some good speeds and run time.The stock motor seems very power efficient. The leo is a bitt more thirsty.
    If yo can , try out the Prather 220. I swopped the stock ESC for the T180 since my friend bought that for the boat. Other than that I just tossed the lipos in, and off it went, smoot , and more 'light' in the water thanmy geico ever has been.

god luck and share a clip ore 4 when you're off to test it :-)
    Drammen rock City

hi max
    right now im runnin 2x 2s 5200 mah 40/80c with a 10c charge rate im just a little faster than a motley crue stock with a grim 4255 and my run time is about 7-8 min, i usually come in under power i dont like swimming lol
    next time im out runnin i will try and get some video and post it
    i definatly would like to try a 2200kv as im sure that would make my buddies crue eat my wake,, although im not into racing it does bring a smile to my face when my stuff is faster than theirs lol

I know the feeling :-) you seem to have good runtime. With the leo you will look at less, but that's how it is :-) you could try to pick up a few 65-130c nano's from hobbyking. I very pleased with them, giving that leo some ekstra rpm
    Drammen rock City

i wonder how much prop i can stick on the stock motor and esc before it gets too hot to handle?

not sure.
    I ran the prather 220 on the stock motor - 1.72" Diameter 2.6" Pitch
    m445 wich I ran on the stock 1500kv motor - 45mm (1.77") x 1.4 = 2.478".
    Drammen rock City

hi max
    there is the numbers i have been looking for ,for the 220 prather prop,, thanks muchley, i will cross reference it with octura and see if i can find something close and go from there,, i could use a 220 if i could find one locally,but i havent found one yet ,,will keep lookin thou

I bought mine from funrcboats.com. They provide, as many others, sharpening and balancing.
    Drammen rock City

i didnt see the 220 on their site i might have been too tired when i was looking i will take another look

Drammen rock City