Thread: Hydra 240 Wiring

Default Hydra 240 Wiring

I just picked up a hydra 240 and I am looking for suggestions on the best way to join the wires at the connectors.

thanks

thanks for the link. I understand that the wires have to go together, what I am after more or less, is a picture of how the wires are actually attached at the connector.

Once they are twisted together, they are soldered and stuck into the hole of the bullet connector, than soldered to the connector.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I will give that a try, I quess I just need to twist them together really good then. I just bought several 5.5 mm ends, so hopefully they won't fight to much. lol

thanks

Instead of twisting the wires together I went to my local radio shack and picked up some 24ga. tinned copper wire. Wrapped this tightly around the two wires(leaving one of the wires longer to accept the bullet connector) and then soldered the whole assembly at the same time. Then slip on a piece of Steve's 5/8" shrink tube and waalaa!

Quote Originally Posted by icelert View Post
    Instead of twisting the wires together I went to my local radio shack and picked up some 24ga. tinned copper wire. Wrapped this tightly around the two wires(leaving one of the wires longer to accept the bullet connector) and then soldered the whole assembly at the same time. Then slip on a piece of Steve's 5/8" shrink tube and waalaa!
    This is also how I did it and it worked great. Oh and my soldering skills aint the best either LOL

Some of us solder 1 wire inside normaly , and the other wire on the out side of the connector . It works too .

Quote Originally Posted by Flyguy55 View Post
    Some of us solder 1 wire inside normaly , and the other wire on the out side of the connector . It works too .
    Exactly what I did with my Hydra 240. Works perfectly!!!
    Do or do not, there is no try!!!!!
    Aeromarine Titan 29 H&M Hawaii Kai III Proboat Stiletto ML Boatworks PS295 (No.8)

thanks for the tips guys, I am hoping to have time tonight to get it wired up so I can do some testing this weekend.