Thread: project??

Default project??

what do you guys think about turning this thing brshless with like a fiego s series.....i know these boats are not the best quality but it could be fun.....i want one boat of every "main" type when im done......cat,mono,outrigger,hydro...

anyway do yuo think it could work... i only sport run...and its only 40 bucks for this thing

http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-Arrow-Wind-NQ...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by hammertime; 05-02-2007 at 11:47 PM.
    60% of the time... it works every time!

methinks that ultimatly you would be happier with one of the 'blizzard' series riggers such as the blizzard 05.

i have an NQD...they are very tough hulls, but poorly designed.....it would just be better to build a blizzard rigger as rex suggested
    saleens7, the wookie of rc boating

oic....well it was just a thought didnt want to get tooo outragous with price..... what is a blizzard

I was looking at those things too on ebay. I was thinking about putting a bigger brushed motor in and some different radio and hardware if I got one myself. I like taking stuff like that and tinkering with it.

Ken

Lots would depend on how well the outriggers are made and how they are attached. It would be nice to take one apart to check out.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

yea i think i might to it anyway since all im doin is sport boating....it could be a fun little project and if not its only 40 bucks

this a just a rip off of the graunper one.
    oh look a rear spoiler.
    just what you want to do. i wonder if they knew the idea of a out rigger to to get the boat just riding on the water and now the stern plowed under.
    stupid chinese
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

funny how the ad says

"Dont get fooled by other imitation products....this is the real deal!!!!"

its basically an imitation and not the real deal...
    saleens7, the wookie of rc boating

blizzard series, are a series of rigger kits from climate/we laser cut. not sure just what is in the kits(no hardware, radio, or motor), but, all of the plywood is precut(some light sanding is required) balsa stock may need cutting to length. dunno if the foam cores for the sponsons are included. the 05 model is listed at $49(iirc)

I built a Blizzard. The parts went together beautifully and the foam is included. However I never could get it to run really well. The setup on these things seems to be very touchy. I got rid of it and got a V-hull. If you are just "playing around" an outrigger may be a bit much.

as I understand it, riggers can be tough to get running well. alot depends on the sponson design.