Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motor choice

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Caruso View Post
    Hi Tom,

I installed 5.5's on mine before it hit the water not on the motor side just the battery side of the ESC.

Mike
    Hi Mike, I did the same, except used EC5's. I'm thinking about changing the motor/ESC connectors but just may wait until I swap out the stock ESC with a 180, it has larger wires to work with.

-Tom

If the wires are smaller as some esc's are you can when soldering make sure to have good contact in the base of the bullet, maybe even strip extra and bend it up so it's double thick. With the hobbyking bullets they have part of the top cut away anyway which is nice, I just make sure to have my wires have contact down the full side and in the base.
    Last edited by stumblinh; 10-06-2012 at 02:55 PM.

If the wires are smaller as some esc's are you can when soldering make sure to have good contact in the base of the bullet, maybe even strip extra and bend it up so it's double thick.
    i concur sir

Thanks for the information

Quote Originally Posted by Tom899 View Post
    Hi Mike, I did the same, except used EC5's. I'm thinking about changing the motor/ESC connectors but just may wait until I swap out the stock ESC with a 180, it has larger wires to work with.

-Tom
    Hi Tom,

Please let me know how the 180 works for you? I just bought three new props M545, M645 and X642. Need to play some more as I have not been out. And I am re powering an old mono that ran 40's in 1972 with the Revolt system to see how it will run.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Caruso View Post
    Hi Tom,

Please let me know how the 180 works for you? I just bought three new props M545, M645 and X642. Need to play some more as I have not been out. And I am re powering an old mono that ran 40's in 1972 with the Revolt system to see how it will run.

Mike
    Hi Mike,

Yes, certainly will let you know. And please let us know how your props and old mono work out? The 180 ESC upgrade probably won't be this season. Here in Michigan the cold and winds are starting to roll in so there is not much enjoyable warm weather left, especially since I'm working and can only run in the evenings. I did order a M545 prop yesterday that I will sharpen/balance and compare to my 45x68 this coming week. I have found that I enjoy this hobby and really like the Revolt 30. So this winter I plan on picking up some parts to fool around with. I like the current hardware it came with but now have the urge to experiment. I think the hull is very capable of 50mph, which isn't that much faster than some are already seeing. I don't want to overtax the current ESC, motor, wires or batteries. I need to learn more on what is the best route to achieve consistent 50mph runs. I have all winter to read and think about it. And I'm sure by then others will have already achieved it and beyond!

Tom

Cold in Chicago too, to soon to cold. I was going up to Flint for time trials but Family needed my help that's always first. I will PM my e-mail address talk later anytime.

See Prop Diagram

I took a picture of a new Octura prop sheet 9.12 for everyone to use!

got my motor and prop from ose yesterday thanks steven that was fast shipping

what a beauty sure it has big performance

Quote Originally Posted by MAMBA2200 View Post
    got my motor and prop from ose yesterday thanks steven that was fast shipping
    Looks great! What ESC do you have and please let us know how it performs?
    -Tom

Seaking 120

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Im Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What You Understand

I notice that you have larger exit tubing from the motor.....................if thats not an illusion from the photo. I have thought of a theory about that. It would seem that the larger tube would allow easier exit of the water...........ya know, freer flow and should increase efficiency in the cooling system. Sorta like a car exhaust system that increases in diameter out near the rear to allow better flow..........
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Also, that 1900kv may be able to handle an x642.............or x447, just a thought, maybe others will chime in about that.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

not an illusion i just put that 4 mm on cause i could not find my 3mm in my mess at the time i also got a m445 with the motor couple of the guys here said that would be a great prop with this motor

Quote Originally Posted by MAMBA2200 View Post
    i also got a m445 with the motor couple of the guys here said that would be a great prop with this motor
    Yep, i was one of the "guys"..................I'm just thinking that if you wanted the extra 4-5 mph that the 1900kv versions may be able to swing the props with higher total pitch. The m445 and that motor will be a very reliable setup that will run cool and last..................oh, and good speed!

i hope it will be that was the roughest prop ive ever seen it forever to b&s that prop hope it works well which you say it will so im good with that info at this point i hope it busts 40mph lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12