Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HK New ECO

Gromov do you have any pics of the bottom of the hull? Also I made a cooling coil a long time ago where I think I wraped the aluminum tubing around a "d" battery for a 540 brushed motor. From what I remember it's slightly smaller in diameter so it fits snug. I want to do this for my 28mm motor. Do you guys think I should find something a little smaller than 28mm and wrap it around that?

Ideally - need to buy a cooling for this motor here, or here.
    If you do own - we have to take the mandrel by 1-2 mm less than 28 mm. Since the diameter of the tube is wound is not great, you will run into difficulties at the start of the winding. First round - the most difficult. aluminum tube can bend.
    To prevent this from happening - I inserted the tube at 100 - 150 mm in depth, plastic cord diameter slightly smaller than the hole in the tube. started to make 0.5 turns - then pulled the cord and then everything went smoothly ....
    ecomaster.torgg.com

Correct URL for SuxFly is: http://suxflyhobby.com/en/index.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by SweetAccord View Post
    Those are good motors! I have two of em. They are really Suxfly motors but the pic does not show that and HK put their logo in it. They are made by www.suxfly.com. That motor is rated at 14.8v 2~4s. 2s may be ok, but 3s should be a sweeter spot to run at for that hull size, and to get the most out of that motor but prop down as a start. 29000 RPM should not be too bad with 3s on that hull size but I think you can go more in KV. Here is video with similar hull in length with 4100kv motor on 4s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH6i7qrpTSY

With 3s maybe start with a 27mm and then try a 30 mm prop. and work your way up. You will likely need to use a 40A but that may be cutting it close, a higher amp like 50-60A or higher would be much better. Use whatever batter you have that is a highest C rating but is not too heavy, maybe start with a 2200mah to keep it fast and light, but if runtime is short go to higher mAH.

Some video's and other setups: (Hull: ETTI Tsunami)

Motor: ETTI 4100Kv, ESC: ETTI 90A, Lipo: 2s 5000mAH Flightpower, 30 mm prop. > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmBQ2FweGwk

Motor: ETTI B29 4650kv, ESC: ETTI 90A, Lipo : 2S1P 5400mAh, 31 mm prop. > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9REmORI_90&feature=related

Please keep us posted with your build. I have not found anyone who has one of these hulls and has posted what they have done with em. You may be the first, so it will be nice to see how it turns out!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Anyone have thoughts on a decent servo for this hull? Like a hitec or something.
    Last edited by cpgise; 11-13-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Default Hitec

Quote Originally Posted by cpgise View Post
    Anyone have thoughts on a decent servo for this hull? Like a hitec or something.
    Hitec HS 81 or HS 82 Perfect for this hill.
    ecomaster.torgg.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Correct URL for SuxFly is: http://suxflyhobby.com/en/index.shtml
    Correct as they changed their URL after my post. Thanks!

I ordered one a few days ago. I'll post some pics when I get it. Looks like you have a few minis. Any Eco builds? I'm trying to figure out where to mount the hardware for this hull. I found other Eco build but they all are shorter.
    Any progress?

I installed the rudder, just waiting for the servo and linkage. It looks like the majority of the builds use ball cups and tie rods, for lateral movement? I was thinking of using metal rod but was concerned about strain on the rudder housing. I did find another build, look in the files tab on hobbyking, under this hull.

Received my servo and a assortment of tie rods from hobbyking. Now I need to figure out a servo mount. I did get my jet boat running though. It was great until my servo mount broke. Here's the vid link http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_...?v=7Luo5nVtET0

Spoke to Darin Jordan, he gave me a format a while back to re-write Eco and put it up for proposal.
    Gromov, you should be Particularly interested in this as we would appreciate your input. You guys seem to be taking an interest, so lets facilitate..

Here's the servo mount done. Next water pick up and that's pretty much it!photo_edited-1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cpgise; 12-09-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Finally had time to finish it. Will test it this weekend with video.

Can't wait to see her run!
    Chief

This not ECO, but wery funny!

ecomaster.torgg.com

Wow! That takes some skill! Nobody does anything like that in the U.S.A.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Wow! That takes some skill! Nobody does anything like that in the U.S.A.
    Agree, that is amazing to watch. Interesting race format.

Believe me guys, so that control the model - you have to be a robot! Сhinese robot..... :)
    ecomaster.torgg.com

I have a small nitro engine from a 1/16 buggy layin around, would it work for this hull?

It has a pull start and i have made a watercooling coil so that wont be an issue

All,
    I have a nice motor I bought for an 609mm (24 inch) eco hull, lots of power.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...-New-TP2935-5Y
    looks like I wont be building it, so its for sale.
    Larry
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Quote Originally Posted by Pråmskepparn View Post
    I have a small nitro engine from a 1/16 buggy layin around, would it work for this hull?

It has a pull start and i have made a watercooling coil so that wont be an issue
    Depends how small it is, but an engine in these smaller hulls would be difficult to run mount and maintain, not ideal, this hull is pretty small. Even if you can get all that in there, it would make it heavy with a gas tank, and not perform as well. For smaller hulls you can't beat a brush-less setup.

Okay. Maybe a 2848 4000kv is better?

Looks like you have a few minis. Any Eco builds? I'm trying to figure out where to mount the hardware for this hull. I found other Eco build but they all are shorter.
    Does it annoy anyone else that this is in the Mini & Micro forum whan it is about a full size Eco Boat not a Mini Eco? If there is anything else Eco here it wont be in the same section.

Back in the mid 90s there was a guy that I raced with who put a .12 watercooled glow/nitro engine into a John B Marine Sloopy, F2/F3 hull, he made a air filter type chamber from a 35mm film can filled with tissue that stopped the engine from breathing in water and it worked so well the engine would often still be running after a capsizing and self-righting, though the self righting was of the high rounded deck type and it self righted much faster than most of today's flood chamber boats, so I cant say if it would work as well with this one. Speed was pretty impressive as was run time for that time being a little faster and going longer than the modified 540 7cell 1700SCRC F2 boats of the time, probably about the same as an Eco Standard boat of today.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Finally had time to finish it. Will test it this weekend with video.
    What ever happened to the final report and the video?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12