Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fall IMPBA Mid Atlantic Record Trial SAW's Events

Mike,

I understand your confusion after the careful review of my post above. Please do not misconstrue my statements regarding an oval time trials event as anything other than completely positive. What I was trying to communicate is that not only are we putting great efforts into straightline stuff, but also for ovals and hopefully getting heat racing events back up and running. As I recollect, there were several scheduling conflicts which led to the good decision Kentley made not to pursue the oval event this year based on a general consensus from many parties. I have nothing but respect for Kentley and he has gone way out of his way to support this district as well as other districts and members across all of IMPBA.

I am in contact with both Kentley and Dick. The major focus for the pond is to share the common goal of not just accommodating electrics, but to make it possible for all classes to be run in a respective pond. Unfortunately for all and not a detriment propogated by any party, we have yet to be able to collectively resolve the current pond issue despite great efforts put forth by all parties. We understand we have the full support of the appointed IMPBA members and that as soon as a resolution is imminent, we will be able to move forward quickly. For that, I believe I speak for everyone to say that we are all very grateful!

The spirit of my post above is to perpatuate the excitement felt at a local level for this upcoming year with the intent to continue to build the club and participation throughout D12 and other respective districts. It's going to be exciting and we're all looking forward to it!
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Glad to hear you all are working together!! The district race you all hold is by far the most well attended of the year. If things go well, allot of people are looking forward to coming down next year!!!

Any particular day you guys are going to Elizabeth City?? I have all four days off work. If the weather looks okay all for days, I'll come Friday night and spend the weekend. My son wants to come down. If the weekend weather looks crappy, I'll come down Thursday/Friday by myself. A week and a half to go!!!

Yeah, I've been working on stuff for the majority of the day. I'll be there Thursday until 2-3, Friday all day, not at all on Saturday, all day Sunday. Danny will be there Thursday only.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Okay, if this doesnt everyone stoked for SAW's next week, nothing will!! Can't get the feaking song out of my head now. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtvKc7HeINc

Put it on full screen, max resolution, turn up the volume, sit back and enjoy.

Well, it appears that Thursday may be reserved for testing or those brave enough to try in the wind. With any luck, the wind will align with the trees as opposed to blowing down the course. We have an offshore class right? J/K I'm sure that we'll have fun regardless, even if Dick has to send out his electric O/B tunnel into the swells again like a few years ago!

I'll be there Friday afternoon. Will bring a few boats to play with if it's too windy for anyone to make any record attempts. Saturday and Sunday still looking schweet!!

Got a call from Dick Loeb today and it looks like no running tomorrow (Thursday) due to the Nor'easter brushing by North Carolina. Winds are forecast for less than 5 knots for Sat/Sun.

Mike, Do you know if Wilmer is still planning to come? I can't find his cell number to warn him that the course won't be setup tomorrow.

Good luck fellers...wish I could make it this weekend....
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Thanks Kent. Batten down the hatches and be a safe.....again. You getting any snow yet???

Ben, I had Bill's # it but can't find it. I pm'ed him last week because Kentley wanted to know if he was still coming. Never got a response. He posted on another thread that he was considering going down to Huntsville this weekend. Huntsville may be more appealing to him because they will be running SAWs and ovals. So if he shows, he shows. He is a patient guy and waited out three days in Pittsburg till he got the water he needed. I think the water is going to be real fast this weekend. Just hoping I can get her done.

Nah...no snow bro...just a crapy cold rain...may get a dusting. Looks like NJ is getting the brunt...again! Poor NJ folks....
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

I just hope Snookie is okay..............

Lol
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

I hope the weather improves for you guys!
    Good luck!!
    D.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Doug! How ya doin?! You're missin' all of the fun storms up here...lol!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Good luck guys! I would like to stop by but I work this weekend.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    Thanks Kent. Batten down the hatches and be a safe.....again. You getting any snow yet???

Ben, I had Bill's # it but can't find it. I pm'ed him last week because Kentley wanted to know if he was still coming. Never got a response. He posted on another thread that he was considering going down to Huntsville this weekend. Huntsville may be more appealing to him because they will be running SAWs and ovals. So if he shows, he shows. He is a patient guy and waited out three days in Pittsburg till he got the water he needed. I think the water is going to be real fast this weekend. Just hoping I can get her done.
    Check your inbox

Go get' em & have fun.

Man, it's taking longer and longer to recover from the time spent on Planet SAWs - I'm still catching up on sleep and metabolizing adrenaline.

At least we don't have any weather problems out here in the West

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flMuhSQcNBs
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I won't be making it guys, too many travel races back to back : (
    Tear it up though guys : ) Chilli you're gonna' do yourself proud..

Thanks for the support guys. That nor'easter is pulling away and the sweet weather that was over SoCal last weekend will be parked over us this weekend. We've got some catching up to do with you NAMBA guys in a few classes but I had a great time with Bill first time out and looking forward to stepping up my game for next year. One thing is for sure, you guys aren't sitting on your hands waiting for us to catch up.

We'll see how it goes.

You're makin' me wanna' catch a red eye : )

American 258 leaves LA at 1055L Pacific time for DCA,then a quick hop to ORF. You'll be at Elizabeth City by 1pm. LOL

United 356 leaves LA at 1030L Pacific time for DCA,then a quick hop to ORF. You'll be at Elizabeth City by 1pm. LOL
    Dadnabbitt!!
    I think I'm gonna' develop the equipment a little more before I hit the water again. I'm lookin' at Huntsville the 25th..

I'm just teasing. We'll hopefully see you in the spring!!

You need to snag some of those ovals records in Huntsville.

Just got a call from Kentley Porter.
    Chili hammered the 86.973 mph Q Tunnel record that he set yesterday. His fast pass today was 95.xxx mph for a two way average of 92.630.

Congratulations Mike!

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Whoo-Hoo! Yeah baby! Congrats bro!!

Thanks for the update Doug as I have not heard from Mike today...
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Niiiiceee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Congrats that's smoking ! Way to go
    SRI / IMPBA 20279S

Thanks guys. I couldnt of done it without all the help from Carl who endured many trips to the pond with me and the great bunch in D12 who helped me exceed my expectations during the last two days. John Finch took time while working on his twin gas rigger (now the fastest gas boat in the IMPBA) to help guide me on every run I did this weekend. Steve Sutton also spent allot of time with me tweaking props. I didn't know I had a 95mph pass with that little Fightercat 32. LOL Once I got the 92 average I was happy being the fastest cat in the IMPBA (FE and Gas). I swapped motors before lunch to go for the P-record. Unfortunately I was using a motor, controller and batteries for the first time and the boat wasnt running right. I had a few passes over the record but the boat would hesitate in the middle of the run (possible wet reciever) and she wasnt running anywere near where she should be for the motor I had in her. So I parked her and called it a weekend. We'll get it running good by next spring. I tell you this SAWs stuff took a alot of effort but it was my most rewarding experience in the hobby so far. Gotta start working on next years projects. I'm going to bed!!

John Finch took time while working on his twin gas rigger (now the fastest gas boat in the IMPBA)
    Any updates on speeds ?
    SRI / IMPBA 20279S

John ran a 105 yesterday. Had a few attempts today but couldnt bump it up. He'll be there all day tomorrow to try again. It's a inline twin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast