Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fall IMPBA Mid Atlantic Record Trial SAW's Events

Default Fall IMPBA Mid Atlantic Record Trial SAW's Events

October 17-19, 2012 - SAWs Portersville, PA hosted by the Moraine Model Mariners

Additional Info on this event can be found on the IMPBA Web site: Master Events/Race Calandar

http://www.impba.net/index.php?optio...dar&Itemid=119

November 8-12, 2012 - SAWs Elizabeth City, NC hosted by the Old Dominion Model Boat Club

Additional Info on this event can be found on the IMPBA Web site: June Roostertail Page 63.

http://www.impba.net/attachments/article/152/J12JJ.pdf

I'm doing both!!

Good luck Mike!!!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Bro, us Left Coasters expect some good times at these events. So there's absolutely NO discussion regarding East vs. West parity, I'll ship out a Legg Lake "water equalizer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHtYYwnD6rY

Good luck & When in doubt, knock 'em out
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Thanks Doug.

I don't know Tony. Some of the big guns from down south are taking a well deserved break. I'm sure Luszcz and Loeb are working on some tunnel and sport hydro stuff and you never know what Ferrette's got up his sleeve. This will be my first SAW's and I'll be going for a few soft Cat Records... and try to knock off Brian's last IMPBA record (six years old, NiMh cells) with the FE30. I'm sure glad he's NAMBA now. I was told by a gasser the Portersville pond north of Pittsburg would be a great FE pond. Nice water and a little altititude to boot. A few weeks later, I've got to go down to Carolina and hang out with the D12 homies. Even if I don't bring home a record, you can't beat the comraderie and knowledge gained.

Fear the Turtle!!

Portersville site:
    http://mysite.verizon.net/vzev8a6m/index.html

Figures, wed., thurs., fri.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that lets me out.
    See you at the lake this Sat. Mike.

Any one else coming down????

to the lake yes
    George and a new guy from MD

Cool.

I'll be down there. I fly out Tuesday morning..
    That lake looks pretty and the water tasty and crisp.

From what I understand theres a perfectly straight bank.
    I gotta see this place..
    Last edited by BILL OXIDEAN; 10-14-2012 at 09:03 PM.

I'll be in E-City.

Chilli, you're gonna love it!
    Regarding turtles, I've only been successful once: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...Avoid-a-Turtle!
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Cool. I'm supposted to head up to the Portersville, PA SAW this week but the weather isnt looking to hot. I'll make the trip to ECG whether I go up to PA or not. I lost one of my SAW boats last week but still have two classes I can run my cat in.

What SAW cat did you have in mind? ; )

I won't tell,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Take me down to Elizabeth City where the water is clean and the girls are pretty. Oh won't you please take me home.."
    Guns N Roses lol!

Bill, Bring us some of that Legg Lake water. LOL

You Flying into Norfolk or Raleigh? PM me your flight info.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    Bill, Bring us some of that Legg Lake water. LOL

You Flying into Norfolk or Raleigh? PM me your flight info.
    I'm doin Portersville chief, weather looks iffy, but wednsday promises sunshine so i'm there..
    That Legg water sure is nice, but I'll tell you what. When Chris and Doug open Blue Lake back up that is some CRISP water depending on time of year.

Okay, Ive got you now. Wednesday does look like the day for Portersville. Winds probably calm in the morning and 6-10 during the day. Then a nasty cold front comes through Thur/Fri. I'm scheduled for work tomorrow evening but will try to get off so I can leave tomorrow night and be there first thing in the morning on Wed. If not, I'll be there noon till dusk It's about a 4 1/2 hour drive for me. Don't drink the Iron City Beer. LMAO!!!
    Last edited by Chilli; 10-15-2012 at 02:35 PM.

So Chilli, are you thinking of 2s? Call me later tonight and we'll talk about some other stuff.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Nope. I'm mostly a P and Q guy. Q in PA and P in NC. I have to work this evening but will try to call if I get a chance. If not, we'll talk toward the end of the week.
    Last edited by Chilli; 10-15-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Sounds like a plan!

Got the day off tomorrow. I'll be at the pond in the morning on Wed. Bill, if you need me to bring anything, PM me.

Mike, dont forget to tape the lid on like I showed you.

That was sticky side down...or was it up... no down..... Doooh!!

I got you bro. Appreciate all the time you spent at the pond with me getting this project going.

I forgot my extension cord : ) ill try to st by Wal Mart or home depot on my way to zee hotel..

Default Day One

We had some wind, but folks still got their money. 2 gas guys took down ss mono and ss tunnell by a LOT. For those who don't know Chilli, he's WELL liked in the sanction and I consider him my homeboy too. The man build himself a NICE boat. He came GPS'd at 79, hit the traps at 70 had me tweak that prop, he hit 73plus, then he whipped out another prop and wouldn't bolt it on 'til I fondled it, clamped it on, and did 87 and some change first pass in Q tunnell!

It wasn't me though, Chilli would have gotten there on his own trust me. (I hate when folks try to take cred for another man's accomplishment lol!)

Chilli, Kentley Porter invited me to Elizabeth City next month, we'll continue the fun down there, I'm a comin'..
    Yes the bank is straight as an arrow. Bob Morton is a kick butt race director.

Grahm from Canada, nice meeting you sir. You came to the right place..
    Last edited by BILL OXIDEAN; 10-20-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Just got home a couple minutes ago. Had a great time. I almost turned around a few times wanting to stay another day. Learned allot. First, getting a two way pass to match a GPS reading is hard as hell. LOL We had a little wind and mini rollers all day. Not that big but enough to mess with the FE's running. I was going nuts trying to get the boat up to speed and stay planted. I came to the conclusion that the prop I was using just wasnt going to do it as the best I could muster two way was 73 mph. So I decided to prop up (with a little bending from Bill). As the sun started setting, the wind finally layed down. As it turned out, all I needed was smooth water so my prop could stay in the water and do it's job. First pass 87mph!! Second pass she went airborn at the end of the run and sailed over the beam. Doooh!!! Unfortunatley, the park shuts down at sunset so we had to call it a day. I think Bob was more disappointed than I was. He was a great host. Graham (I think), drove all the way from Canada just to run boats for fun. Thats hard core!! He was also a tremendous help all day.

Good Luck tomorrow Bill. Hope the winds stay calm for you in the morning.

Chilli, I'm glad to hear you had some fun! Was this with a Q tunnel? If that is the case, what is happening in smooth water is that the air within the tunnel area doesn't spill out as is the case in rougher conditions. This results in lifting the boat up more and ultimately less wetted surface across the steps. I'm not sure if he's coming to E-City this time, but Butch loves to talk cats and the factors at play. Hopefully he'll be coming out and you can talk with him a bit. I have to say, I've never seen anyone take a combustion motor apart and back together that fast! That was unreal to watch.

Hey Ben, That was the Q-Boat, I also have a P-motor to put in it but it all depends how things go. PM me your # and I'll give you a call in a couple days. I lost it when my hard drive crapped out a few months ago. Do you Tidewater guys have any projects in the works for next month? I'm sad to see Danny is selling his N-Cat. I was hoping he would bump up his record. Team Fear has been awful quiet this year.

Don't underestimate us, LOL. There are other models in play. I haven't gotten around to it, but my SAW Zephyr will be going up for sale as well. Most of us have been very busy at work and other stuff. I can't fully speak for others, but many of the local folks have their act together. If the weather holds, it should be very interesting. If nothing else, we will be very ready for the Spring events. I've still got several models sitting around for an oval trial event which didn't happen this year. I'd like to see that happen next year if at all possible which is why many of us are putting forth the effort to secure a pond to make that happen.

At the end of the day, the good news is that all of the hard stuff is out of the way regarding electronics for lower cell counts that usually inhibits the perpetual progress in some of the target classes. When you combine that with the increased knowledge and objective viewpoints/reflection, it is a very exciting time. Then there's this Winter which is looking great for putting into practice innovations developed based on the lessons learned over the past year. Meanwhile, we are seeing better comradery between the combustion and electric guys through open communication channels. It is a very exciting time indeed! This type of information sharing and learning is what makes the combination of D12 and the members from other districts who have the ability to travel such a unique group.

Oh, I'm not underestimating you all. You guys have just been quiet. I'm glad you all are still in the game. Looking forward to seeing what you guys have been up to. I was told KP didnt hold oval trials this past year because he didn't feel there was enough interest. You guys need to get with him and let him know you want to run next spring. Also, I havent talked to Dick since July about the ODMBA pond situation. If you guys havent been in contract with him, may I suggest you guys give him a call an offer him and Tim support in getting the club back running. I think you FE guys have an opportunity to make a significant impact on the club.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast