Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Next build: 37" Komodo

Have you gone after the Shocker yet??????? What the heck!

Looks pretty good Shawn.

"fairly breezy..." Obviously youve never run Ackerman Thats almost all we ever have is fairly to extremely breezy.

DF 35, hatch taped as well or just hatch locked?
    Last edited by tiqueman; 03-30-2013 at 11:12 PM.

looks good, i got a genesis about a month ago and im redoing internals. castle 1515 motor, octura x437 prop, and orion 130 amp vortex r8 esc. fan cooled and im making it water cooled. new strut and shaft, bought aeromarine collet but its too big, dont feel like cutting and grinding shaft. and tube ill try to get some pics up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Have you gone after the Shocker yet??????? What the heck!

Looks pretty good Shawn.

"fairly reezy..." Obviously youve never run Ackerman That almost all we ever have is fairly to extremely breezy.

DF 35, hatch taped as well or just hatch locked?
    The recovery is now in the works(planning). Yeah geez,you guys' lake seems to have a good offshore feel to it all the time Scott. The DF is only locked on the 4 corners and got those cracks previously.That puppy has been submarined a few times,seen the bottom once(nose scratches) and was bouncing all over the place when I first got it.Looks like I am out with a gas guy tomorrow.Running the Komodo and Miss Bud.

How did the Komodo run with the gassers? I've been out of the pond for 2 weekends. Hope I can run comes Sunday.
    My Aquacraft SV27's old Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoTm4Btz41Q
    MHZ Micro Iceberg, Skunksworks Gen2 Cat twin, Aquacraft SV27, SM29 1515 sold.

About like this

Haha,it was the only flip. Think I have some free time to weight the nose before this weekends run.

Looks like it still need some more weight infront of the hull. Can you move the batteries forward? does it have extra space?

Lots of extra space up there Tags, I have put some lead in the tips and the sun shines now.Lake's not to far away.

Got her out. CG is 34.5% on this run.Top speed on the ET was 55mph. It was just the local water hole. Going to try a bit more weight in the nose next run before I go rearranging things.

Hey looks like fun,
    Did you set the boats stingers to neutral and try it yet ?
    Last edited by lenny; 04-08-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

Ok,the stingers are back at neutral,I've got various CG's marked out,got some smaller higher pitch props, AND, I have made a foam extension to the tunnel that should give less lift/more downforce in the tunnel. That will be the first test,then I will mess with the rest.Hoping just CG after the tunnel change.ORRR,,, I have completely put too much weight on the rear of this thing.Man,the batteries have to be way up there for 37% CG,35% even.Bear in mind that I have stuck lead in the nose of this thing.

Just letting you guys know that I haven't givin' up on this thing yet.

HEY Lenny!!!!!! What kind of timing are you running the T-600's on. I set mine to 26 degrees and the outside power melted the battery connector off. A couple of times.Amps don't seem too steep,though, WOW, way more than the Shocker got in similar RPM and load range.

I have not ran any of my t600 yet,
    But from what I have read they like high timing.
    Check with Ray he did some testing with them.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

Hey Shawn! Happy Canada Day Bud!!!

As much as I like how this thread got left there by my friend "tags", IT is time for an update. I got a new Eagle Tree since my old one finally got kaput. Awhile back I took the T-600's out and installed a pair of 2200kv's.Then got "work busy". So I finally got some time for boating and decided to try some things out with this thing,starting with setting the timing back down to 3.25 degrees as these 2200kv TP4092 motors are actually D wind and not Y as I thought. I di this morning drill a new hole in the rudder blade and bracket so as to get the rudder standing straight in regards to the water. This did alleviate the bounce as I thought it may. But created another problem,check vid

She developed a strange "wag" in the corners.Sooo... I put it back where it was which took care of the "wag" but alas,the bounce returned.

I bested 51mph with the FC 648 props but melted another connector. I am not sure if this girl has just got too much mass to push through the air or just too heavy.I did register high 90's and even up to 120 amps on the outside motor(which happens to be the problem one). I guess I'll try smaller props or perhaps shortening my ESC/batt wires. ESC and motor temps were good.

This might help, I heat up my silver solder connections multiple times and sprinkle water on them ( heat treating ) until the soldering iron will almost not get the connectors hot enough to melt apart. Old shop class trick.

Y'know,I bought this "silver solder" from an electronics place and I really haven't noticed it being any harder to solder,but... I have been having connectors coming loose.I do have a good iron mind you. I think I will try the heat treating though Brian,thanks for the tip.
    I also think that these "scale" rudders have a broad blade and may be causing me grief on corners.

Hey could you shim the top of the rudder bracket a little,
    So the rudder is kicked under the boat a little.
    That may help it say better in the turn some.
    Also what temps are you getting on the connectors ?
    I know on my Pursuit from motor to esc I have had temps of 170f on the connectors on 4s1p,
    But as I went up in volts the temps came down to 120f on 6s.
    I also us a mini torch to solder all my connectors and do not know if that makes a difference with them saying put.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Y'know,I bought this "silver solder" from an electronics place and I really haven't noticed it being any harder to solder,but... I have been having connectors coming loose.I do have a good iron mind you. I think I will try the heat treating though Brian,thanks for the tip.
    I also think that these "scale" rudders have a broad blade and may be causing me grief on corners.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

Quote Originally Posted by lenny View Post
    Hey could you shim the top of the rudder bracket a little,
    So the rudder is kicked under the boat a little.
    That may help it say better in the turn some.
    That is what got me the wag Len,I didn't do the bracket because of the dummy hydraulics.I didn't want to change the angles so I drilled the rudder blade to "tuck" it. I may have to try my mixer gizmo on this baby. It will cut power to the inside motor based on the rudder input,perhaps it will alleviate the stress on the outside motor.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314