Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Atomik A.R.C. 58" Catamaran owners???

Look what I found. I found the picture of the GPS from late last fall when the Atomik went 59mph. I did that with the Leopard 5692 1090kv. THe prop was the next size above stock on 6s.
    Atomik GPS 01.jpg

Went out with the Atomik today using a X457 prop. The water was perfect. I had the large prop on and after about 4 minutes the ESC had a melt down. I checked the temps of the motor and batteries, and they were fine. Surprised that the SEAKING 130A HV did this on 8s. If there was a heavy draw, the batteries and/or motor would have been warm. Everything was normal. Had the batteries all the way forward on the edge of the battery tray. I could have gone another inch for a little better performance. She did have a nice scream. I am pretty sure I broke all records for the Atomik 58. I know the top speed Atomik has gone, and I went past them - only by a smidge. LOL
    Safe to say, I Will leave it the way it is. I will install the telemetry so I can monitor on the DX3S. Ken guessed the speed when I made a few clean passes. When I opened the hatch and showed him the GPS, no surprise he knew. LOL
    Last edited by Finest Racing; 05-12-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Hello, I just got my atomik arc 58" and I have a castle 2028 with water jacket that I want to put in. those of you that have it. what did you do to the hull to make the motor mount fit? seems the OSE motor mount needs 5" and arc is obviously less then that. what did you big motor folks do to put big motors into the arc?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567