Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Atomik A.R.C. 58" Catamaran owners???

Quote Originally Posted by Namba328 View Post
    I don't have photos sorry but its a simple fix that any hobbist can change. Venom/Atomix went with a set screw style holder that the servo linkage slips through and then the set screw tightens down onto it and holds it in place. My problem with this is that this is a big boat and once you get the packs in there's a lot of stress and leverage being put right on that point of contact. I would rather see either a cleavace style connection or a ball link connection in this area. One heat at the nats the set screw loosen and we lost all of left turning, it was scary.
    Thank you for the heads up. I will repair/replace when I receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by iridebikes247 View Post
    West systems with 207 clear hardener is just unreal. if doing an inlay your boat will sparkle for years. I have used both and the west systems is incomparable we use it in 6000$ builds. rumdog have you ever used any of the high end resins, they're kinda worth trying lol
    Agreed. West Systems with 207 wets out better and is great to work with. Expensive if you're only doing one inlay, but the amount of inlays I do it's well worth it.
    However for a first time the Zpoxy works.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Setting my Atomik 58 up with the 2028 castle motor and castle 200hv ice2 esc. Should I max out at 10s with this motor?
    And what prop will work best?
    Thanks

if it were me I would run 8s and use gas size props...
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    thank you buddy
    Yes

So only 8 s on the 2028? Is 10s too much rpm for motor or boat?

10s is not too much. start with the stock 50mm 3-blade the atomic comes with, then check your data logging. if amp draw and temps are low, then prop up

Quote Originally Posted by atechbh View Post
    So only 8 s on the 2028? Is 10s too much rpm for motor or boat?
    no not at all
    but 8s lets you run gas size props with lower rpms
    lots of racers use that setup
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by bozo586 View Post
    are pictures available-showing the setup inside and outside of the hull? it would be nice to see what you are talking about,and maybe discuss the problem.
    Hey Tommy, I've got somethin TOP SECRET goin' on with my ARC. Its called project "BIG DADDY"
    You're gonna' LOVE it : )

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    Hey Tommy, I've got somethin TOP SECRET goin' on with my ARC. Its called project "BIG DADDY"
    You're gonna' LOVE it : )
    lol this will be interesting.
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

I think its a cool boat. I would look at one that needs motor esc and radio so that I could modify it to my liking. I wouldn't want the servo ether as I have some already. The motor mount would need to be replaced so that a 56 series motor could fit. or a pair of them for that matter. So does Venom sell the hulls only. this would make warranties easer.
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

Ive got the KOS, but its the same boat. Im running a Leo 5698 910kv, CC 200HV on 8s spinnin a x452 prop. Even if I go to 10s, I want more prop. The 452 isnt enough. Probably will start at the x455/3 and go up from there. If i had the 2028 (780kv?), id start with the x457/3. Lots of possibilites. Jimmarcums segad on youtube has a Leo 5692 730kv on 12s using a x462, another guy with my setup is using the 70mm prop the gas one came with. Will be trial and error. Anything below 60mm should be safe start on 8-12s from what I've read. Just use that data logger that is onboard the 200HV, and dont use cheap lipos. I used turnigy 4s 5000mah 40c packs, and my ripple voltage was too high. CC said to stay away from those packs on this setup unless I plan on going 8s2p. 4 packs per run didnt sit well with me, so I got the dinogy 65c packs...problem solved.
    And to address the steering rod issue. Replace it! Im using the Dubro plastic linkage rods as a pull/pull seup, and it works flawlessly. Super strong and solid.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8s2p ... 10s2p ... 12s2p ...
    With a setup this big going 1p is never a good idea

Why is it the guys running twin motors can run 1p per motor all day long, but the single motors suggest 2p? I dont get it!! On my setup, my lipos are barey warm, and I do mean barely. My lipos are good for 325amps, if Im pulling 120amps I would be shocked. Im all ears, but as of now, I dont see the point. Just seems like added weight for some extra run time. Im hardly stressing the packs currently at 1p.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatRLaws4 View Post
    Why is it the guys running twin motors can run 1p per motor all day long, but the single motors suggest 2p? I dont get it!! On my setup, my lipos are barey warm, and I do mean barely. My lipos are good for 325amps, if Im pulling 120amps I would be shocked. Im all ears, but as of now, I dont see the point. Just seems like added weight for some extra run time. Im hardly stressing the packs currently at 1p.
    when you have two motors driving a hull they "share" the load... much less amp draw than a single setup

with your packs in 1p config your runtimes with a 120a pull are only going to be 2min
    second the 65C "rated" packs are not true 65C packs... some testing at rcgroups shows this... but they still kick butt
    even the Gens Ace 25C packs put down some very impressive amp numbers in that testing very very close to them... so that shows C ratings are kinda bogus on some packs

I have a Mono that pulls over 185amps cont. and I run 2p with a X452/3 on 4s
    so if I ran 1p during a race my boat will not finish the race...

FWIW

Sunday is my big day for the first run. I have it set up for 6s. I did order a 55mm prop which will arrive next week. Fingers crossed.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Finest Racing View Post
    Sunday is my big day for the first run. I have it set up for 6s. I did order a 55mm prop which will arrive next week. Fingers crossed.
    good luck with it...
    and I hope you can get a video of it running

5698 910kv on 8s with a x452. Im looking at the x455/3 next.

Looks good from what I can see of it,
    You should try standing in the middle of the ponds walkway for better running and video's
    This way it would be easier to see how it is running and riding.

But really I just think that boat need a lot more leg room.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

Looks like this coming Sunday will be video day. Last Sunday the ESC decided to retire. I will start with the stock prop and then try the X455/3 that I just received. I did balance and sharpen it.
    I did hit 38.1mph before the ESC went bad. I was running on two 3S 5800 Turnigy packs in series.
    For those three minutes I was impressed with the speed and handling. So were the other forum members watching.

is the newest version of this boat a 180Amp esc? Some sites are advertising 120Amp, and some the 180amp. It would really suck if i ordered from a site that says 180amp and i get a 120Amp.

Wow that video is pretty impressive. Nice work

Quote Originally Posted by tman1753 View Post
    is the newest version of this boat a 180Amp esc? Some sites are advertising 120Amp, and some the 180amp. It would really suck if i ordered from a site that says 180amp and i get a 120Amp.
    The most recent released boats have 180amp ESC. The older version have the 120A. It is a transition from one size to another. I would suggest that you get the 180A.

Did they warranty the esc and up grade you to the 180a esc ?
    Some added caps may help the 120a esc with the amp draw,

WhatRLaws4,
    In the video is the boat running wet ?
    It is very hard to tell from the angels of it running in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Finest Racing View Post
    The most recent released boats have 180amp ESC. The older version have the 120A. It is a transition from one size to another. I would suggest that you get the 180A.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

They did warranty it. I showed proof of when I bought it, which was only a couple of weeks ago.

twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

Overpriced much? Holy crap! For $900, i'd rather buy the Central RC 73" mystic and a set of drives.

Overpriced much? Holy crap! For $900, i'd rather buy the Central RC 73" mystic and a set of drives.
    True, but for some building one isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by twissted View Post
    $900 What!

Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by twissted View Post
    True, but for some building one isn't going to happen.
    uh not sure if you looked at that add, its only hull and hatch... no hardware mounted or included so building is needed

$899 is more then Tower. I have the Atomik and I am very happy with it. With no fine tuning I went 38mph stock out of the box. I am the person that would rather buy a turn key (RTR) then build it at this time. I do not work for the company, but I think and also the people that are on this forum have seen it at the lake agree with me when I say the quality of workmanship is very good. I know there will always be the haters, but nothing will ever satisfy them unless it is for free. I also wonder if they have seen it or had the opportunity to operate one. Not starting a war here, but for a RTR it is top shelf. I am fine tuning it so I can hand it over to my 8 year old son.
    I understand that you can build a similar boat for less. I have done my homework on building a boat, but thought I should buy a RTR to get started with and see how and why so I can build mine. No regrets here.
    Tower has the RTR for $909 (minus $90 coupon) with free shipping.
    Last edited by Finest Racing; 08-11-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast