Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Atomik A.R.C. 58" Catamaran owners???

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    thank you buddy
    I get that... Trust me, I have NO connections to them at all... Minus buying one of their boats...

Quote Originally Posted by atechbh View Post
    Don't worry. Even I could figure out you didn't work for the company since you had to order one and are waiting for it. some people get worked up too easy.
    Were you able to find one??? Mine will be in my hands Thursday, or worst case Friday...
    How do you LAKE it?

Will you be posting video on this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Crewmax View Post
    Will you be posting video on this thread?
    sure will... I should have it today or worse case tomorrow... I will be getting all my other supplies, etc in over the next week, and will be getting it set up and ready to go ASAP... will update with pics, videos, etc... hopefully everything works out...
    How do you LAKE it?

I placed my order today, should see it late September. I did not order the rtr.

Just got mine. Works great on 6s

I bought one from tower when they first came out. Only run it a handfull of times on a zippy 5800mah 25c single 6s lipo. I bought it expecting the electronics to overheat and burn up right away and was planning to upgrade it, but it has been running flawlessly for me. No gps on it yet but it will run circles around my gas blackjack 55. The little 120 amp esc runs cool to the touch, but the motor runs pretty hot after about an 8 minute run. It is an air cooled outrunner in a sealed hull though, so I cant complain.

Easy to upgrade too. Pop in a leopard 5698 910kv motor on 10s2p or 2028 castle for something fast.

Just ordered a 2028 for mine.

it will do the trick. have you ever done a carbon inlay though? the speed increase will be tremendous with that come harder crashes so reinforcements are always a good idea.

Where is the best place to get the carbon cloth and what epoxy works
    Best.

Where are you in Ontario? I get my cloth from Composites Canada here in Mississauga, and I use Z-poxy to lay it.

I'm near kingston. Do I need to do the whole bottom and sides?
    Do you normally do the underside of deck?

I'm sure you can source the cation fiber cloth locally.
    Yes do the bottom and sides. Being that it's such a large hull, you can pretty much do the entire interior.
    When I did my Ekos I could only lay so much, because I couldn't reach all the way in.
    Last edited by Livewire121; 07-17-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Found the carbon fibre cloth locally but where can I find the z poxy?

Mine is on back order till late Sept. I could buy a RTR for $760 delivered. The one I ordered was $500, but I would have to add a motor, receiver, ESC... The difference is $260 and I could have it now. Decisions. LOL

I would only use west systems as it cures very slowly, and there is no chance it will mess up the hull. carbon inlays when done correctly add a tremendous amount of strength and rigidity.

Zpoxy finishing resin works excellent.

Good. I just ordered the zpoxy last night

My 2028 castle arrived today. Wow is it huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Finest Racing View Post
    Mine is on back order till late Sept. I could buy a RTR for $760 delivered. The one I ordered was $500, but I would have to add a motor, receiver, ESC... The difference is $260 and I could have it now. Decisions. LOL
    is that the Tower price?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    is that the Tower price?
    Tower with discount was $500. The RTR was $910.
    The $760 price was with a private dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by rpedro View Post
    You think???
    Take it from a actually Team Pilot from venom. The arc is a great boat and we had a lot of fun running it at the 2013 Namba FE Nationals, but there is a few things I think that need to be changed personally. The main one would be how the rudder is attached to the servo linkage.
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

are pictures available-showing the setup inside and outside of the hull? it would be nice to see what you are talking about,and maybe discuss the problem.

I don't have photos sorry but its a simple fix that any hobbist can change. Venom/Atomix went with a set screw style holder that the servo linkage slips through and then the set screw tightens down onto it and holds it in place. My problem with this is that this is a big boat and once you get the packs in there's a lot of stress and leverage being put right on that point of contact. I would rather see either a cleavace style connection or a ball link connection in this area. One heat at the nats the set screw loosen and we lost all of left turning, it was scary.
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

Quote Originally Posted by atechbh View Post
    Atechbh You must have a older one because the newest version has our 180amp esc.

Mine is from oct 12 but I ha e a castle 200hv for it

West systems with 207 clear hardener is just unreal. if doing an inlay your boat will sparkle for years. I have used both and the west systems is incomparable we use it in 6000$ builds. rumdog have you ever used any of the high end resins, they're kinda worth trying lol

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast