Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Balaenoptera Musculus. Upgrades?

I went with original brushed motors. Added 30 amp esc 2.4 radio and center mounted rudder with water pickup for cooling esc. Runs really well. Doesn't break any speed records, but very stable, runs flat and corners well. Hull is very strong and will get twin brush less this winter. Why does everybody talk down twin motors. I have them in a 90s era GP wildcat and the BM (I hate those initials). Neither will stay with my modified SV27 (larger motor and esc) but both are fun boats and fast enough to not get boring.

These boats seem to like singles
    When speed isnt the option, change your ways

lackabucks1- what size brushed motors are you using in these boats, thanks! I have some brushed motors in excellent shape,not for sale yet, but the wind # is what i'm looking at. Now some motors that ran well for me were 14/2 or 14/3 winds. The 12/5 , 12/4 seem to to to warm and 10/3, 11/2 also were to powerful for 22" monos. Now 27 winds were not in the ballpark!

Burnt ESC rated at 70 amps... So getting another one recommended by a local racer... Think it was a 150 or 180 amp hobbywing/ turnigy model, off hk... About au$80 or so.... I will grab the link if you need it :)

also got a new prop, smaller diameter, but better pitch than my old one

Well that will do it for ya!

Using 280s that can with boat. This winter will probably replace with a couple of ~2000 kv out runners with individual escs. I still like twins for several reasons. The two twin boats I have seem to like them and run well. Also its unlikely you will lose both at the same time and in case of failure can limp to shore. I'm too darn old to swim.

You mention 2 -2000 outrunners; my guess a single esc of like a T 120 would run both motors. i have a 1700kv outrunner in a 19 1/2" mono with a 34mm prop and does the job, not super fast on 3S, but boat is light wood. The motor has plenty of power as you can feel the magnets pull when you hand spin the shaft. Europe has some good motors in the outrunner markets. Steve V., here, presents motors that perform for the type of boats he sells which is great and i respect him for that.--- I notice alot of guys have JET boats; i see on U-tube where a video showed a jet used for a rescue boat with string behind with dice and they circle around boat and TOW in, food for thought!

Based on experience, twin outrunners don't like running on a single esc. I use two, and disconnect one of the red wires to the rcvr. Here are a couple of pictures of my boat as currently put together. I hate the blue and orange, as well as the stupid words "BOAT" painted on each side which I tried to cover up with some stickers I had. I do think the boat is nicely shaped and reall handles rough water well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How's the boat going

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456