Thread: revolt performance

Default revolt performance

hi, does the revolt at all chine walk like the spartan on stright out runs??

Quote Originally Posted by 4343 View Post
    I never had your boat but Re Volt will chine walk with the optional Grim 45x68 prop not bad at all. Runs fine with the stock prop all I have done to mine is lower the right rear trim tab level with the bottom of the boat it could use a little more with the big prop. I also rubbed 3m pad on the bottom of the hull and rounded off the rubber bottom and sharpened EVERYTHING !!!!!!!
    You will love the boat if you have water for it. Not an Ocean racer but mine loves 2" chop and a 10 mph wind blowing around.
    Have fun I hope this helps.
    Mike

Mike , are you saying it chines with 45x68 prop? what about the included 42x55 prop?

It's gonna chine walk like any other v hull at certain points. Once you get them up to certain speeds they all do this. Some can handle more speed than others before it starts.

Mine sometimes walks with the 45x68, sometimes not, depending upon trim. Never had it happen with the stock prop.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJANG View Post
    Mine sometimes walks with the 45x68, sometimes not, depending upon trim. Never had it happen with the stock prop.
    Yes just like he said.

Quote Originally Posted by 4343 View Post
    I'm running the 45x68 prop. I had chine walk until I removed the foam pad and stacked the batteries on top of each other instead of side by side. I can now run the batteries all the way back with very minimal chine walk. Maybe I got lucky with my adjustments and just fumbled upon the right combination. Whatever it is I'm leaving it for now. If there's a light chop I'm running 42. I wouldn't mind getting a few more mph but not sure how yet. I really like the boat and hardware. Plus, everyones feedback in this forum helps a great deal.

I'm going to try mine out without the foam to see how it runs. I think it makes more sense since it will put the weight down a little further