Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is the deal 43MPH still?!?!?!?!?

batteries make a big difference what about your strut where is it set

i have tried up 2 up 1 and 0 is this the rudder? 5 Inch Rudder Short Base w/ Dual Water Pickup

and then it looks like you carved it to fit?

5 inch Rudder Offset Base w/ Dual water pickup CNC machined aluminum rudder and mounting bracket with dual water pickups and servo arm. Brass bolt for kickback protection.
    5 inch (128mm) from bottom of mounting bracket to rudder tip.
    3 5/8 inch (94mm) from transom to leading edge of rudder.
    Transom foot print is 1.7" (43.4mm) wide and 1.26" (32mm) high.
    Rudder width tapers from 1 1/4 inch to 1.1
    Servo arm w/ 2mm swivel. All stainless steel locknuts, bolts and washers included. $27.00 each

yep thats it and you do have to cut the mount a bit here is my v2 you can see the cut mount DSC02047.jpg

Why cant you just mount the rudder bracket base right around the blue boot...............there's room to move it down a bit. Surely the hole under the boot isnt that big..................use a smaller boot if you have to.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Well you have to use the original tubing hole for the corner bolt in this rudder i have seen the bracket turned to the other side

i like it, i am sure i can make something work. it also looks like your tabs are closer to the bottom of the hull then stock? hey Make-a-wake wait tell you see the glass he gets to run on.

its not always glass if it had been glass that day i think i could've hit the 68mph lol and they are closer to the strut than stock there was a guy from Australia seen my video and wanted to buy that boat said he would give me 1600.00 to buy it and ship it to him so i did i would have been crazy not to lol

Actually slight ripples/chop will make it run faster....................gets it "up" a bit.

I will check the vid when i get home shortly, looking forward to seeing it
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

go look at some of Make-A-wakes videos, i would not wakeboard much less run by R/C boat in some of the chop i have seen his Spartans in. LOL
    yeah why not.

Okay so I got my rudder, I haven’t had a chance to run it but I had it milled out to fit around the boot.

IMG_2594.jpgIMG_2592.jpg

Okay all mounted up.
    IMG_2596.jpg

Hi Guys,
    one observation:
    watching the videos of Spartan and other brushless boats, I had an impression that the splash that comes out from the cooling outlet on Spartan is very poor.
    Unlike on the other boats that has more rich splash, the difference is considerable especially when you watching it in the slow motion.
    Maybe it's one of the reasons of cooling issues that even new upgraded Castle Spartans has.
    I burned the stock ESC on 6s, but before it happened the boat stopped for a few times (overheating cuts).
    Yes I think that my ESC died from lots of temperature.
    But i'll buy by OSE store the new 180A ESC with Leopard 1600kv motor, at least they say that is the winning combination for 6s on Spartan.
    If somone could recommend me please which prop. cable to buy by OSE store. It's another issue with burnning collet couplers, I succeeded to burn it too.
    Thank you Guys, salute all Niky.

Niky,
    I am sorry to hear you burned up your ESC. Yes that is a good combo. The water outlet is a bit small I drilled mine out but the bigger issue is the pickup I would recommend a duel pickup and separate the cooling systems. If you want to save a few bucks just get a separate pick up. then drill out the fittings on the stock rudder and then also widen the pickup itself there are many how to articles here on OSE. I used the Wohlt .187 wire drive be sure to get the 10/24 nut and the 3/16 by 5/16 dog drive. Also don’t forget to make a flat spot for the setscrew to grab. As for props you can try a Prather 220 and a Octora X442 and work your way up.
    here are 2 shots. i also added extra cooling to the ESC.

IMG_2216.jpgIMG_2098_SM.jpg

All the cooling in the world isn't gonna help if the setup is wrong

All the cooling in the world isn't gonna help if the setup is wrong
    +1 on that

I totally agree and these are notorious for having meltdowns on 6S but there are people that are running the setup and after pinning all the holes in my system there were many restrictions that were easily fixed. I think I posted temps with the stock setup and the 4092 1430kv and HW 180. I think 114 was the highest I saw on the stock ESC. But again put a 220 on there and

traeside,
    so you're telling me to put the separate pickup + stock rudder. What about the rudder with dual inlet?
    Anyway I can do as you did. I have already the Octura x442.
    I see that you have also the 180A ESC + Leopard motor ,nice, hope that you have no problem with running it on 6s.
    And about chine walking, eliminate it with this hull, impossible.
    Thanks for the fotos, very kind of you.
    Lot of salutes from rainy Lugano,Niky.

And about chine walking, eliminate it with this hull, impossible.
    not impossible just time consuming process

IMG_2575.jpg

yeah watch MAMBA2200's video made me order that rudder the same day. not sure if it is the cure or not but i will find out this weekend. you can go either way but the key is to get them on to separate systems some people used a Y but I just put a second out port on the other side. It makes it easier to see that both systems are working. here is a shot where you can see the way I opened up the pickup on the stock rudder and then just how large the new one is. Also here is a clip showing how bad mine walks

Quote Originally Posted by MAMBA2200 View Post
    not impossible just time consuming process
    That is a poorly deisgned hull. you guys are going to beat yourself to death trying to get that hull running good, oh and spend a fortune. The best thing you can do to get that hull running good is take everything out and put it in a good fiberglass hull. There's too many issues with the design and it's plastic so it can't be fixed. The strut is mounted too low on the transom and the stinger is too short. The interior layout needs to be re-done. The problem is your gonna try everything in the book and you still won't get it right so you won't learn how to make correct modifications to enhance performance. buy a new hull and buidl it from scratch and you'll learn everything you need to know. Just my two cent.

and i do agree with you but it is possible to get that hull to work but is a bad design the plastic flexes to much making the walk of death even worse thats why i went to glass but this boat did get me into fe boats looking back if i knew then what i do now i would have started with glass boats and not a spartan

Hi Guys,
    I think that the Spartan is nice, very stable, well balanced boat.
    But they aren't proper for driving it from side to side of the lake. For that purpose the catamarans are much better.
    The Spartan should be driven in the circles biger or smaller, then they shows their real temperament.
    Just because of that, I like the deep V hull. When you turning it around, when you cornering it ,seems like racing motorcicles.
    Salute all,Niky.

dont get me wrong i do like the spartan bad design or not i loved making mine run 68mph it was a challenge to say the least but once you drive a glass boat you will not want to struggle with a plastic hull boat the best part of my spartan was selling it because i got 1600.00 bucks for it and he offered to pay me that much cause he said he could not get one in Australia

Well said MAMABA2200. i just opend up Niky's post and i was like o no here it comes. LOL

Hi Guys,
    MAMBA, I've never had a glass boat so I can say nothing about it.
    But it's curios that everybody knew that the Spartan was an plastic boat, and yet lot of people bought it including us!
    Now there's a new IM31 from Proboat it's made of glass, but seems that it has a problems too.
    Don't know in wich direction to go. To buy an glass boat, I don't think so, must stop to spend my money.
    I'll rebild my Spartan and that's it.
    Thanks,salute all Niky.

that is why i gut all boats i buy and put my own electrics in rtr boats are built on a price point therefore the electrics usually wont hold up spartan im31 revolt all included its the get what you pay for bit and i applaud you for sticking with your spartan and i wish you luck with it but when you stuff that spartan and bust the hull you will be buying a new hull and if i stuff my glass boat and bust the hull i will get busy on fixing not replacing and thats it but like i said good luck

Quote Originally Posted by traeside View Post
    Well said MAMABA2200. i just opend up Niky's post and i was like o no here it comes. LOL
    I was worried I might have opened a can o worms with my earlier post but I just hate yo see ppl spend tons of money on a boat that has endless problems when they coulda just built a top notch race boat from the engining and spent less time working out bugs and more time racing. I mean that's the point if having the forum right??? To share knowledge.

no worms just trying to give a little help but hay i used to be the same way about my spartan i would defend it till the death and then i seen the light im not trying to hurt feelings just help

Hi Guys,
    thank you MAMBA2200,you're very kind.
    All members are very kind on this forum.
    However, I think that today, with all new very strong materials, brushless and LiPo technologies available, is "strange" that the new RTR boats are not qualitatively better.
    If they was little bit expencive it's OK, but more durable in a time.
    Thank you Guys, salute Niky.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast