Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the deal 43MPH still?!?!?!?!?

Default What is the deal 43MPH still?!?!?!?!?

Okay so I was running 41 on the stock setup with 6S, 3 tabs at 0 right inner -1 strut at +,1 batteries all the way back. Now I have the SeaKing 180, Leopard 4092 1480K and Prather 220. Still could not break 43. I think the hobby king 3S 5000 45C are not holding up. I am getting the low voltage cutting out under hard cornering. I had it set at 3 volt. Now at 2.8 but not tested. I am running on flat to very mild water. All temps at 80-90 degrees. I am going to try the Octura 642 and see what that gets me. With 80% efficiency and 25% slip the 220 should be 48MPH. it looks like it is running wet and start chine walking almost every time I get to WOT.
    So unless anyone has a better suggestion I will order some Gen Aces 5300. And just keep going up on the props tell it gets hot.

Adjust your COG before buying more stuff. If its running wet, its probably due to the greater lift created by the 1.5 pitch Prather 220. Play with the strut/stinger angle and COG.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Adjust your COG before buying more stuff. If its running wet, its probably due to the greater lift created by the 1.5 pitch Prather 220. Play with the strut/stinger angle and COG.
    I will check where I am at but the only thing I can take out or move back is the gps. I tried +2 on the strut and I was slower
    I have the 642 i just have to work it still

A good starting point for cg is 30% of the hulls length in from the transome.

If I had to guess I would think I am further back then that with extra trim tabs 5000's all the way back. But maybe the 4092 is heavier then I think

You may find that at 2.8v on the lvc it works better, id even try no lvc to see if that makes any diff if the 2.8v dosnt work better but you must watch run times with no lvc. Re motor weight the 4092 isnt much heavier than the 4082 motors that work very well in the Spartan & are a popular upgrade, something deff wrong on your boat as the 4082 are good for around 60mph.

see thats why I am thinking that my batteries are not keeping up. i am worried about going to no LVC but that is a good idea, during the testing i am only going 2 min, then brining it in for temp check and battery check. FYI the bateries were still showing 60% after the second run were i had sevral cut outs.

Balance the boat on something to find the COG and divide the length from transom by the overall length, the best cog is around 27-30%.
    A boat is not supposed to be "setup" taking a GPS into consideration, its not one of the needed components. Do you want a good running boat or one you can measure the speed of and runs badly?
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

I want it all!!! LOL yeah i will check the CG as soon as i get home tonight, with and without the GPS. here is a stupid question is 0 on the tabs when the end of the tab touches a ruler running along the bottom of the hull?

If it is chime walking then it is not running wet. The temps also indicate low amp draw. Something else is happening.

Try a different ESC, perhaps yours is not getting full throttle. It is possibly the packs, I'd borrow some to test before I bought all new equipment.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

What radio?

i wish i could post the videos, upon further review at WOT pass 10 feet from me it just looks totally level but there is just not much of it in the water. I was looking for the nose to be higher again I know my real boat knowledge doesn’t always apply here. Not sure about the ESC not seeing full throttle. I set it up and I am able to get into program mode okay. also right or not telemetry from the radio showed 30,000 RPM on the last pass. I have to get the radar gun out there.
    okay I will check CG get it to around 30% I need a set of batteries anyway so I will get them. I have seen someone running with 2 6S 5000 (which I have in stock) in parallel but that seems like a lot of weight. the good news is if I am still cool and at 30% COG I might have some room to put the tabs down and actually get some of the chine walk out of it. thanks for all the help guys

Spektrum DX2S

the HK packs have done this to me before on a hot funjet. it would not run up to speed with them then drop in a hyperion on off it went.

Okay so with the packs all the way back I am at 24% and 25% with the gps in the front I marked 11 inches from the transom (30.5%) and started shifting the packs forward. They are now all the way at the front! So if I was this far off how did I not have a blowover or why was the bow at least high? So if I run like this I would think I would be more stable but will it be faster? The opposite would be normal

So I got the boat out yesterday with the packs all the way forward, the ESC LVC set 2.7 and the Jeff Wohlt .078 wire drive. The boat ran about the same speed but it was a bit more stable, still seeing small cut outs when turning or at the end of a pass. I brought the boat in put on a X642 I was getting a bit of cavitation off the line but seemed to be running good tell the prop spun off after the second pass. there went 2 hours work. worst part is when I got the boat back it was only a 37MPH pass. it has got to be the batteries that is the only thing left common to both setups

Try some of the Zippy/flightmax Lipos from Hobbyking if you havent, they have been the best performers over the long run for me. A 3s 5000 40c is like 35 bucks I think.

IMG_2097.jpg

that is what i have the 3s 5000 45C all cells are balanced

Something doesnt add up, those batts are putting out 225 continuous amps in a setup that may be pulling 100 max......................

Can you borrow a set of 3s or a couple 6s packs for a 2p run and see if its any better before you buy new Lipos?

A buddy of mine is running a stock Spartan on two 3 cells spinnin a Prather s215 and he's getting 50 out of it....................hmmmm.

I Konw, you woud think i had the trim tabs at -20 or something. i have a ton of lipos but i use deans an EC5's on all my Heli stuff.
    IMG_2298.jpg

can you see anything else i might of missed????

What hits me in the face is where your batts are, my friend has his all the way to the back. Forget normal COG parameters for a moment and put them all the way back with a bit of tabs without the GPS and see what happens. He runs the tabs a bit down.................I need to ask him, he may be in the 23-25% COG range which kinda makes sense cuz there is essentially no weight in the nose of that light hull.

yeah if you read the above post that is just about where i was with the batteries all the way at the back now with them up front it comes over the wakes like it is glued to the water. do remember i have a 1480KV motor not a 1600 so that is why i am useing a 220 and for 2 minutes a X642. i have got to post some videos, i wonder if both of my GPS's dont get up to speed before i have to let off. they are the same brand.

I somehow lost that info on the way down the thread..................You need to throw an s220 on it or an x447, or x645...............temps are low I bet........that motor is as powerful as a Castle 1717. Sorry to sound like I'm scatterbrained, i just wasnt keeping track well enough. That motor can spin some serious prop! At least I havent caused you to go buy stuff....................get some prop buddy!!!!!

okay i signed up to youtube, i have 2 videos 1 where you can see how bad th chine walk is with the batteres all the way back. this is with the S220, the second is the batteries all the way forward with the short lived X642.

No on the trim tabs,
    On the transom where trim tab is mounted,
    You want 1/16 to 1/8 from bottom of trim tab to bottom of hull.for 0 at 45* angle.
    Have any pictures of back of transom ?

Quote Originally Posted by traeside View Post
    I want it all!!! LOL yeah i will check the CG as soon as i get home tonight, with and without the GPS. here is a stupid question is 0 on the tabs when the end of the tab touches a ruler running along the bottom of the hull?

okay here is the 642 run

Boy that thing is running very wet.

i dont have a picture of the angle you would need but i think they are monted corectly as at the transom they are about 1/8 up from the bottom of the hull. i was speaking of the end of the tab it should be even with to bottom of the hull to be concedered zerro right?

see that is what i was sayin, hence me having the batteries all the way back.

i am running the strut at +2 maybe i will go back to zerro but again wont that just push the nose down

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast