Thread: Hobby King GPS unit

Default Hobby King GPS unit

I recently got the HK mini GPS, much like the Voltron.

Reading were accurate and the size is nice and small.

On my last outing (only used it 3-4 times) I put it into my new rigger on its second run. Something acted up real goofy where the rudder locked up all in one direction.

I got the boat back to shore and it seemed to go back to "normal" and servo was fine.

However the GPS unit screen was blank. There is a silicone chip on the back that was rather hot but not enough to burn thru the heat shrink. I removed the GPS and plugged it into a completely different boat. Screen came up black and said chip heated up quickly.

A day later tried again, same deal.

Out $70... this sucks! Sent for an RMA to HK. Hopefully they will refund or replace. First time trying a refund/replace with them...
    42" Osprey, 32" Pursuit, 26" Bling Rocket (rescue), Blizzard Rigger, JAE 21FE rigger, Hobby King rigger (RIP)

I just got some new GPS units that are WAY nicer than the HK units. They operate off of a small battery inside for wireless operation, but also have a servo wire port so you can plug them into your RX if the battery gets low.
    Sorry to hear the HK one crapped out on you
    If you want another one like it I'll sell you mine.

The newer GPS Unit's you got where did you get them and what was the price,are you bringing these into sell or did you just get a few for your own use.
    I may be looking into a GPS in a bit and would'nt mind learning abit more about your's,can you post some Pic's.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    I just got some new GPS units that are WAY nicer than the HK units. They operate off of a small battery inside for wireless operation, but also have a servo wire port so you can plug them into your RX if the battery gets low.
    Sorry to hear the HK one crapped out on you
    If you want another one like it I'll sell you mine.

I will have them on my website soon, I've just been busy and haven't had a chance to get them on there. I will see if I can get them up tonight.

This is what I use . Got it from Jeff the owner of Hurricane boat co . It's $110 shipped with a newer much better 200mah 7.4v 2s lipo , they also plug right up to the rx but the stand alone lipo is best for my application and a the bottle is WATER TIGHT!!! The Pill bottle you can get anywhere . These are the best I've used and I've tried a few but it's micro weight and accuracy ,blue backlit screen are IMHO the best out there at the moment !! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347982599.726949.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1347982636.012783.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1347982722.572445.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1347982801.907875.jpgand 1 of my favorite pic ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347982865.258147.jpg I also use it with my Rc planes and heli as its a great tool for altitude. These can also be flashed for upgrades to satellite and other features but I don't know how or what else is available when doing so lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wade7575 View Post
    The newer GPS Unit's you got where did you get them and what was the price,are you bringing these into sell or did you just get a few for your own use.
    I may be looking into a GPS in a bit and would'nt mind learning abit more about your's,can you post some Pic's.
    They are comparable in price to the HK units, but as I said much nicer. I'll try to get them up on the site tonight but I only have a handful, so I'm not sure how long they will last.

Could have been worse! After waiting 5 weeks for an order from hobbyking, I received 3 of the 9 items I ordered. After 4 days, they finally responded to me by asking me to put everything on a bathroom scale and weigh it. I did. Then send them 6 photos.... I did. 3 more days went by before they told me too bad, we think you are lying!!! What?! So now I'm out the other 6 items as well as my money. Opened up a PayPal claim. Can you say FRAUD?!!!!

Keith what's ur website? Sorry I should know being I've seen ur name a bunch of times here! Lol sorry new to forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Flawlessdecisions1 View Post
    Keith what's ur website? Sorry I should know being I've seen ur name a bunch of times here! Lol sorry new to forum!
    www.keithbradleyboats.com
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore