Thread: Aqua craft supervee 27

Default Aqua craft supervee 27

I have a Aquacraft supervee 27 my question is it came with a tactic 2.4 g radio and transmitter. This has no antenna on the out side of the boat that's great but. I have a new spektrum DX3e radio and a Mr 200 receiver but you have to run a antenna on the out side of the boat what do I do which one is better help!!!!

No need for an antenna on the Tactic.

I use the Tactic on 13 of my FE boats with no issues for the past 3 years.

As to which is better...comes down to personal choice.

I have had zero range issues with my tactic with no antenna, I cannot say the same about my DX3e, oddly enough. I have a "few" range issues from time to time with the mr200 receiver with the antenna inside the boat. Nothing too bad, but have noticed it on occassion. The features you get with DX3E is what makes it worthwhile. Like adjusting rudder travel for each model, trim etc. and having that "stick" for that particular model. Cannot do that on the Tactic. I currently use both radio's, but usually just use the tactic for my "fun" boats. I would also add that with the Spektrum marine receivers (two antenna's) even inside the boat, I have not had issues.

Using stock Spektrum air receivers I have had no issue in my Wildcat or SV27. What I do do is take a piece of fuel tubing and insert one of the antennas in it and fix it upright inside the hull. That gets the sensitive end of the antenna above the waterline but it stays out of sight inside the hull.

No issues with Tatic radio at all. I and just got a text TODAY from my friend out running his SV27 with revolt motor, 60 amp ESC and M-645 = 49 MPH.
    Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother

that's how I run mine, but with Grim 42X55 and one 4S in the front. no GPS but I bet it is in the low 50's. the thing just flies. Aquacraft should just start selling the SV27R with 60amp ESC, won't cost them much maybe even cheaper to keep all their ESC the same. Not racing but on the fun factor, will give the Revolt a run for it's money. Back to the Tactic 2.4 I have no issue with them on my Revolt and MC and would like to just get a Rx for my SV27 as I still use the old FM fencing setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Caruso View Post
    No issues with Tatic radio at all. I and just got a text TODAY from my friend out running his SV27 with revolt motor, 60 amp ESC and M-645 = 49 MPH.

Great boats and the AQ motor 1800 kv and AQ 60 amp esc is like the small block Chevy.
    Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother