Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: looking for RC boat club in CT

i'm very new to this, last time i had an rc anything was back in 1992 a traxxas hawk 2 lol. what do you guys mean retrieve boat? like another rc boat modded just for that or a full size boat? sorry for the ignorance...

Default ct

they mean a way to get the boat back to shore if it stops running in the middle of the pond. what is your plan to get the boat back to shore?

fishing rod with a golf ball lol.

sounds good. ever tried it from 100 yards to boat. an rc boat towing a fishing line might work better. google retrieving rc boats and see what people have come up with.

well I cant say i dont agree with you, however i've never tried it, I've only put the boat in the water once. My original plan was to take it out when I went out with my full size boat but since i mainly use my boat in salt water i dont think its a good idea anymore. I asked the guy at the hobby shop that sold me the rc boat and he gave me idea of fishing rod with a golf ball, he stated he's been doing it that way for over 20 years and that it works every time. So far i havent needed to use it.

I'll be working for the next few days and i know that Beardsley park will be full of people during this holliday weekend but if anyone makes it out there with the boats post videos here and let us know how it went.

Eddie

Like I posted earlyer... that method works but use a tennis ball because it floats. Or if too far out I will send the rescue boat. Either i will pull a tow line with a tennis ball on it and loop around it or use the home made push bumper and push it back. Never a problem. I keep everything in a gym bag so wherever I am the bag and equipment is with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Like I posted earlyer... that method works but use a tennis ball because it floats. Or if too far out I will send the rescue boat. Either i will pull a tow line with a tennis ball on it and loop around it or use the home made push bumper and push it back. Never a problem. I keep everything in a gym bag so wherever I am the bag and equipment is with me.
    i bought a pretty big size buouey about the same size as the golf ball so that it can stay floating in one spot and i walk side to side to put the line over the boat. i practiced on my pool it seems like it will work, i'd hate to see it not work lol.

Im headed to Bunnels pond now to check it out. I will let you guys know. 49 degrees.... rain......wind......good times!!!! Where the hell is summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Im headed to Bunnels pond now to check it out. I will let you guys know. 49 degrees.... rain......wind......good times!!!! Where the hell is summer?
    videos gary, dont forget if you can bro. lol. enjoy man.

Eddie

Left before i saw your post bud. Well checked it out and lake is pretty big. Parking looks to be availible up top of the road. Some really nice spots to go aswell. It was raining pretty good so only drove around to see but looks like a great place to go. I have an auto cross event in Stratford on Monday but might try and get some SAW runs in at Tobys ,then head over to Beardley very eary...but all depends on weather.

Nice ill b working so bring a camera guy with u.

so i get out at 4pm today i'll try to go to beardsley park and if no wind i'll put the boat in the water. i'm so afraid of this thing flipping over lol.

Quote Originally Posted by acceleracion View Post
    so i get out at 4pm today i'll try to go to beardsley park and if no wind i'll put the boat in the water. i'm so afraid of this thing flipping over lol.
    I remember having to worry bout that lol.
    I dunno man, pretty windy here outside Boston..... Choppywater

the trees seem pretty calm. fingers crossed
    Last edited by acceleracion; 05-26-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Thats why I go at 6oam to Tobys pond....dead flat water. I cant run the fast boat in anything else but that. Wind speed at 24mph right now!!! Not good at all.

Ehhh ill try tomorrow.

anyone else gonna try monday at bunnels pond?

i'll try to make it out there after 4pm deffinitely. anyone else go there today or going?

might show up. how far from parking are we gonna run? google earthed the pond. where do you recommend parking? bring the fishing pole.

good view of bunnells.jpg

the entrance comes from noble ave (top right) follow that road dont go into the zoo (middle of the top part on the picture), park along the parking spots (you'll see them on the left), because it is memorial day it might be packed so if you go you should expect a walk unless they open the parking lots but i havent seen those open in a few years.

anyone else gona go? btw urbs i'll bring the fishing pole.

ok. if you cancel let me know coming from hartford thanks

i'll be there at a little past 4pm. i work here in bridgeport and i live in bridgeport as well.

ok driving blue miata

i'll be in a black eagle talon.

Hey man pm me ur number I just got here its paaaaaaacked gazzilion people here

Its actually really nice here in case anyone ever wants to come I think theres plenty of space.

How did you guys make out?

didnt stay. 20 bucks to get in would have to walk too far from parking not worth it to me hope you enjoyed

I didnt mind the walk. I got lucky and the second parking space was available. The walk is just that I mean to recharge batteries it sucks but I didnt mind it. I found out that my boat is not that fast at all. But I did enjoy it.

Spoke to the park attendants and they said people go there all the time with rc boats. People do actually fish around there. When I asked about the fishing pole the attendant said no problem as well. If you are out of town then yes its 20. For residents its 5 dollars for the season.

Liked it my only problem was that I found out my boat is actually really slow lol. Im afraid to buy the wrong lipos I have a stock miss geico 29 my first rc boat. I hope to be able to go a lot this summer.

Will probably go on Wednesday Thursday and Friday morning to mid day or so possibly.
    Last edited by acceleracion; 05-27-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast