Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: looking for RC boat club in CT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wink looking for RC boat club in CT

hi I'm looking for a RC boating club in the CT area,Anyone know of any?.Also looking for a boat friendly hobby shop that caters to RC boating. thanks

I'm lookin too, I'm in Old Saybrook, where are you ?

I,m in Derby CT. I found a great place in shelton CT and got permission to run there by the property owner,s son as long as it,s electric only and no fishing this place is about 45 yards wide and maybe 75 to 100 yards long with very calm water.I haven,t run there yet because I'm still waiting for my boat to arrive(pro boat blackjack 29).

is this water still available in shelton ct. thank-you warner from shelton ct

Too bad it was not bigger. I drive right through ansonia/derby to get to my pond aswell .

I,m right off rt 34 near the Yale boat house!

Why not run on the river? Do you know a spot you can get too? I saw a couple from my waverunner when I was out there.

I'm in Old Saybrook, it's not worth it to me to go to derby , the river is too rough, I'm still waiting on my boat too. I'll let you know if I find a spot

toby,s pond in becon falls ct 45 achre pond and rc friendly.

Not RC friendly. I have been working on that for almost a year with the town selectman on getting permits for Electric only RC boating. At this time I am the only person who has a short term pass that expires at the end of Sept.

Hey Gary please let me know what,s up ,if you need help whatever,there,s is more strength in numbers! In fact start something in this forum.I called a guy named Rich yesterday about the pond etc but he did not return my call.

I spoke to a state park ranger and he said that all parks in CT are rc friendly as long as your running elec ( no nitro) because I live almost in Osbornedale park an they have a halfway decent size pond for putting in.

Are you refering to Rich Minnick in Beacon Falls? He is very busy and its very hard to contact him often.

Yes that,s him,I'm still waiting 3 weeks for a reply.

Will you at Toby,s anytime soon?

Whats the story on the lake up in Willimantic? (near williamantic?) I hear there's a club up there. Looks like nothing else soon. We should start a club
    in central / centralSouthwest Ct. I'll start looking at the maps
    Paul R (Old Saybrook)

Someone told me about a club out of Branford CT called Pond scum boaters but have not made any contact yet.

Finally talked to Rich Today and he gave me the lowdown about Toby,s he said no more permit,s and as long as nobody complain,s about driving close to fishing areas,no gas boats, our just being a jerk,he see,s no problem with it ,but if he gets complaints he will shut it down to rc boats,let,s hope no jerks show up and people can have a great time at Toby,s for a long time to come.Let me know when you will be there since I'm a newbie and need all the help I can get lol.

Thats interesting news. I am suprised Rich has not emailed me about it. Im not sure how this will work out with the local police. This lake is vert important to me since for now the only lake big enough to run boats over 100mph. I have driven everywhere and the river on 34 seems the next best but water needs to be calm.

I agree i think as long as nobody does any thing stupid or runs a gas or nitro boat and stays away from people that are fishing,picks up there trash etc,we,ll be ok.Let me know the next time your running at toby,s ok.Thanks

I looked at google maps, and couldn't find Toby's, which side of Beacon Falls is it on ?

Ok go rt8 to exit 23also(rt42)exit,take a left off the exit you will pass over a bridge(Toby,s is right under that bridge) take your first right( old pine bridge rd) look straight ahead don,t make the left instead go. Straight under the small train overpass hang a right and your there.In fact I just got back.

I just came back this morning. Had to wieght forever for the fog to break up. I normally use about 1/10 of a mile that I have measured, start to shut down. I will bw there again sunday very eary. Trying to work out a very pesky problem with the hull not settleing down on the start and crack 100+ at the same time. Almost ready to give up this RC mind drain.

Around what time on Sunday?might rain,will you still show?

Boat is pissing me off to no end and tired of spending money on it. Everthing might be on Flea- Bay tonight so who knows....im sure I will get right. LOL By the way Brandford Hobbies in Brandford sells boat and other RC stuff if you guys are in need of anything and he will normally match an internet price aswell. But then again Tower Hobbies and Ebay ALWAYS have what I need.
    Last edited by Gary; 10-09-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Yes I know Mark pretty good he has a nice store.

What boat or boats do you have?Also what town are you in?

Only have my Phil Thomas 45 right now. Im in Milford.

Do you have any pics? Let me know when your heading to Toby,s.Did you build your boat because I'm thinking about a build this winter.

No pictures. I go VERY early in the morning so that no one is around and I am back by 8am. My plan is to build another hull that I can have fun with but for now I need the entire front part of lake to make 100+ runs and not kill anybody LOL Thats why I go early.How early? Sometimes right when the sun comes up!! Bad sun glare at that hour !!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvi9KIth-kg

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast