Thread: leaking Stiletto hull

Default leaking Stiletto hull

Flipped the Stiletto this morning and it almost sank. Upon retrieval I found the 2 holes for the cowl retaining pins are open into the hull, causing it to fill up. At least the sponson tips held air and kept it from sinking. Are all these hulls like this? Pretty poor design/production. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions as to a fix? Thanx.
    Fast Electrics Have A Small Carbon Wake

Hello,
    I have a Stiletto and the holes were not drilled that deep. I did cut some aluminum tubing and slip it and glue it into the holes. It might not be a bad idea to do the same except plug the ends of each tube first and then glue them into place.

I stuffed mine really bad during a run in some rough water. Though I lost it as I didn't see it for about 10 seconds and the it bobbed up like a dolphin in a marine show..lol

fleckster

That's what I'll do, fill the end of some aluminum tube with JB Weld glue it in. Thanx.
    Fast Electrics Have A Small Carbon Wake

mine went over today went under quickly luckily borrowed a boat to get it back. suprised how much water got in, i am thinking of pumping expanding foam in through the rear drain hole to give it more bouancy, and am going to glue some polystyrene into the top cover, scary watchng £200 plus disappearing.

Quote Originally Posted by morewattsnow View Post
    Flipped the Stiletto this morning and it almost sank. Upon retrieval I found the 2 holes for the cowl retaining pins are open into the hull, causing it to fill up. At least the sponson tips held air and kept it from sinking. Are all these hulls like this? Pretty poor design/production. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions as to a fix? Thanx.
    Hello
    Although from last year
    My Answer from Germany is Article #9 from this "http://rc-powerboat-forum.de/index.php?action=posts&site=1&fid=49&tid=14394", but its in German.