Thread: UL-1 Radio/Servo Box

Default UL-1 Radio/Servo Box

So I'm getting a used UL-1 and putting it together. I was wondering who has made or found a good waterproof radio/servo box for these? I hate using a hydro without having things sealed.
    Kyosho K.I.T.T.

Really.............nothing?
    Kyosho K.I.T.T.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2NR View Post
    So I'm getting a used UL-1 and putting it together. I was wondering who has made or found a good waterproof radio/servo box for these? I hate using a hydro without having things sealed.
    When I tape up my UL-1, there is no leakage, I have some scale hydros that I know they run wet, meaning the dummy engine cowl is not designed water tight, but the UL-1's hatch is completely sealed, don't see the point, plus it is a shallow hull, the most you can do is find a small box for the receiver, if you are worried, get a HiTec water proof servo.http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=dh-hs-646wp

i use a waterproof traxxas 2075 servo and a waterproof traxxas slash receiver box, i think. if i recall, i got the box at ose for ten bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    When I tape up my UL-1, there is no leakage, I have some scale hydros that I know they run wet, meaning the dummy engine cowl is not designed water tight, but the UL-1's hatch is completely sealed, don't see the point, plus it is a shallow hull, the most you can do is find a small box for the receiver, if you are worried, get a HiTec water proof servo.http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=dh-hs-646wp
    Im just saying that these hydros are known for flips in rough water and excessive speed. I am just trying to protect the internals. After a bad wreck having to repair the hull and replace the internals is just more pain than I want :).
    Kyosho K.I.T.T.

Quote Originally Posted by silvermansteve View Post
    i use a waterproof traxxas 2075 servo and a waterproof traxxas slash receiver box, i think. if i recall, i got the box at ose for ten bucks.
    I think this is the best option Thanks!
    Kyosho K.I.T.T.