Thread: Aquacraft WildCat EP

Default Aquacraft WildCat EP

Boat has been out for awhile and looking for a comments, feedback, and any tweaks from other Wildcat owners. There's an old thread but it sort of turned out to be a pissing contest... which I'm not looking for.
    What kind of run times are you getting with what lipos?
    And why is there not a seperate thread for this boat?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 3b3b View Post
    Boat has been out for awhile and looking for a comments, feedback, and any tweaks from other Wildcat owners. There's an old thread but it sort of turned out to be a pissing contest... which I'm not looking for.
    What kind of run times are you getting with what lipos?
    And why is there not a seperate thread for this boat?
    Thanks.
    I think this boat is stuck in a market just like some cars do not sell well. The MC is a big sucess and this boat is not that much smaller ( does not offer a real advantage for people looking for a pocket rocket) and the configureation is not fast enough for most people. Alot of work to modify it ( out runner motor mount has to go) , plus it is ABS hull.
    I wish they will use this hull to make a twin drive instead of a twin rudder. In that case i don't mind if they use this out runner and ESC, you can run 3s on each side for each motor. But the bathtub hull prevents this set up. Bottom line, the ABS is too thin, it needs the inner tub.

Thanks for your your feedback. I wondered about the thickness of the ABS. Seems about the same as the Rio EP.

The Rio EP hull has alot of flex, but it being a V hull, the shape stiffens the hull abit. I converted it to brushless:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCSzh...hannel&list=UL
    I am just watching a bunch of Youtube on this Wildcat EP, I am sure it can be a fun boat, one guy has GPS'ed it and it was 25mph.

Nice running brushless Rio. Let me know if you want to sell it. I have a friend who might want to buy it.

Thanks, I have no plan to sell it now, if i do, i will let you know.

I have a wildcat ep I run it on 4s stock motor it is very fast with a few mods

Quote Originally Posted by msmail715 View Post
    I have a wildcat ep I run it on 4s stock motor it is very fast with a few mods
    just a few quick questions with what speed controller and batts did you try i ran the aq 60 amp esc on the stock motor because there both 4mm bullet and the motor smoked with in 2.5 min winding are black temped it at 264 degrees the batts were 2 4400 40c 2s but is a fun boat none the less