Thread: formula fasttech 26 disappointment!!!!!

Default formula fasttech 26 disappointment!!!!!

new to site . just pick up new pro boat brushless formula fasttech . took it to local pond . didn't even get to run it because the flex shaft striped out of the motor coupler . seem like they would of used a better coupler. the coupler has an allen screw that holds it to the motor, on the flex shaft side is a collet nut that u can't get tight enough. wondering if anybody has any ideas for a different motor coupler or maybe if the flex shaft was about 1/4" longer it might be better.
    first rc toy any help to set up boat would greatly appreciated.

thanks

stsven varco in his post about the formula fasttech said somthing asbout bad alignment. as for the cupler you can find one on here but your probly gone strip it againif you cant fix the alignment. or mabey the coupler wasnt tightened enough and it started to slip.

here is a link to the thread.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ead.php?t=3660
    snort pixi sticks=symptoms-:

no i tighten the coupler be on tight might be out of align how do u check alignment?

idk what the hardwear looks like in this boat so i cant help you there.
    snort pixi sticks=symptoms-:

Mike
    Post some pictures of the coupler installed and what the cable and motor shaft look like with out the coupler on. I need to see of the motor has a flat spot & see of the set screw was seated right. Id also like to see the alinment. We can go from there. If you are unsure how to post pics email them to me @ tommyg216@msn.com. We can fix this easy.
    No worries
    Tom G

thanks for all the good info. i just took it back to the hobby shop i bought it from they will have it all fixed by friday. they said the motor coupler needed to be replaced because i broke it but they are replacing it for free also they said that there wasn't enough silver sodier on the end of the flex shaft for the coupler to grab on. will post after first run this weekend.

thanks