Thread: castle esc

Default castle esc

Resently I my castle hydra 120 esc started smoking for what I don't and they going to send me 240 free of charge .has this happen to ay one else and is this a good esc for a 2200 kv with a s240 prop on a gensis cat on 6s its a prather prop or a bit to much

Never hurts to have some headroom(extra capacity).But if that is what you were running(2200kv,S240 prop, and 6s),it is no wonder the 120 wasn't up to it.

no I was not running that I was running stock set up on 4s with a Spartan stock prop .that's what I want to run or a 1600kv right now I'm running a finedesign nemsis 1600kv on 6s and a 645 prop on my spartan wit seaking 8hv and I'm doing low 50s to mid 50s no heating problem at all

So which 240 are they sending? BTW I love all my Castle ESC's.

I just sent in a Hydra 240lv esc, and they are replacing it with a Hydra Ice 200a HV esc. I think they are doing this as the old Hydra line has been discountinued according to Tower Hobbies. Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

A 240 lv one I hope it can take the props I got line up for it on my gensis so far I want to try s235,s240,and a s245 props I should be bout mid 60s to mid 70s with these props of the esc holds up I up graded every part of the boat to handle this speed what u guys think

Running 6s on a hydra 120 or hydra 240 (not the ice series) is a bad idea. I have done it with a new controller and cap bank, but any time it has been attempted with a used hydra or no cap bank, it doesn't last long. Only used in SAW applications with 2 passes..heat racing it would probably die even quicker due to heat buildup.
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

A 240 ice is what there sending me that's a real good one right?

Yes, that will get the job done as its good to 8s. I still recommend an external cap bank..so does Castle if you talk to the techs! Mike

They have done send it out I don't want to blow this one wat would be a safe prop to use with out harm I have a 645 sharpen and balance would that work wat prop would u recommend to use for a good cool set to do 60s don't want saw set want to be able to run couple laps wit a hop spartan

Could you post a pic of your boat, and the motor you are using, and KV so I can see what you have going on. Thanks, Mike

.... is this a good esc for a 2200 kv with a s240 prop on a gensis cat on 6s its a prather prop or a bit to much ...
    You will burn up you ESC trying to run those props on 6S with a 2200 Kv motor. Believe me, I know what I am talking about. I set a SAW record in an Apparition cat knock-off running a 1515/1Y (2200 Kv) on 6S and a Prather P230 prop. I ran up to 89 mph and drew up to 300+ amps, making just two passes and bringing the boat in. Things were not too hot, but another pass and they would have been. Running silly large props will not get you going faster, it will just burn your equipment up faster. A more appropriate motor can run that prop fine, a 40mm 4-pole motor in the 1300 to 1500 Kv range.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Cant post one right now I have a nemsis 1600kv from finedesigin to brand new 6400mah lipo durtrax 25c 3s upgraded to 3/16 shaft no liner and waiting for t240 to reach and only have a 645 prop right now and waiting on rather props all new cooling lines with spilters esc gets I own water and motor to no sharing water in between the two and that's wat all I have right now

How bout nemsis 1600kv from finedesigin would that work

You will definitely pop your ESC with a 25c 1p setup.The motor will want juice,the batteries won't give it and something has gotta give.Your ESC is in the middle.No matter what ESC you have,it will blow.

Sorry, I dont know anything about that motor, and finedesign obviously doesnt know what they sell..A nemisis gold is the heading, but a leopard motor is shown in the pic! First thing you need to do, break away from getting stuff from Finedesign. Maybe someone else can help. You need to drop down to an octura x445 for starters, a 645 is way to much prop. I also do not care for prather props..if they are the stainless version, they are too heavy. I don't think those batteries are up for the challenge either. Not sure what a t240 might be?

2 3s 6400 mah 25c not 1

Quote Originally Posted by ahbeating79 View Post
    2 3s 6400 mah 25c not 1
    So you are putting them together parrallel to make 3s2p? You described 6s.On my 2200kv's I really only run 4s.On occasion have done passes on 5s but 4s is is movin'.

I have run the 645 on my spartan wit a 80hv seaking esc with no problems at all with 20c 5400mah vemon packs

To be honest, before blowing up that nice upgraded esc, I think you need to really sit down, read, and learn about setups, lipos, and lipo safety. I can tell you are new to this stuff, and you will continue to burn up, spend money, or possibly get hurt. You are trying to run a big setup, but with minimal knowledge. We can try and give you some pointers here, but you really need to just kick back and read as much as possible. Mike

No series for 6s and I'm going to run a 1600kv

I have run the 645 on my spartan wit a 80hv seaking esc with no problems at all with 20c 5400mah vemon packs

Thx u for the advise I been reading and studying lips and brushless and joined sites like this one for more knowledge so I will study up be for I put together my sp gensis cat. My spartan seems to be doing fine with the hv80 seaking and 1600kvmotor on 6s GPS 54mph