Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 FE Nats

Quote Originally Posted by sport 40 II View Post
    I think N1 SS class should just follow NAMBA rules. I can understand the gents agreement, but people already have their boats setup.
    There is not a NAMBA "N1 SS" class... it's just N1... 17.5T ROAR Stock...

The boats Randy is suggesting would be a good candidate to be called "Super Stock", or are otherwise just N2 boats...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I guess on paper there could be an N1 Sport Hydro class but I've never seen anyone with an N1 Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by sport 40 II View Post
    I think N1 SS class should just follow NAMBA rules. I can understand the gents agreement, but people already have their boats setup.
    No this inspires creativity. This will make it fun to me. Wilmer, myself agrees and so does Mark and right now that is all that is coming to run the class that I know of. You are in 1/10 and 1/8 scale I did not purpose to change them.
    Last edited by RandyatBBY; 04-16-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    I guess on paper there could be an N1 Sport Hydro class but I've never seen anyone with an N1 Sport.
    I did build the boat a while back for several other setups. This is the boat I would run in N1 SS Sport if there was such a thing on the books, it is about the size of the 1/16 Scale. But what I was talking about was the N1 classes we have running a 13.5 turn ROAR Motor.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by RandyatBBY; 04-16-2013 at 04:23 PM.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Thank you for the insight guys. Sounds like a challenge for everyone.
    Also, the website is now updated. You can register through RC Racing events using the site. This can be done by clicking on the link on the home page or the form page. To pay for the other fees such as t-shirt etc, use the form page. http://www.fastelectricnationals.com/

Thanks for the insight Darin. It sounds like it would be an exciting class to run.

Default Great idea

I think Randy is actually trying to keep the spirit of the class alive,
    Not sure what fueled him on it, but I like it. A 13.5 is the wind that can viably last 6-laps water cooled or not, and display respectable speeds.
    I see a 20 inch mono maintaining an entertaining speed in oval trim with the data/specs I'm willing to release to the public now.

Randy and I are gonna have a GOOD time with it, and so is Tommy.

This is NOT by any means a campaign to do away with our beloved/devout/well contested/nessecary N-1 class because THAT challenge needs to exist in our world.

If nothing at all one of us will write a proposal to add.

BTW, I'm taking this time to offer my opinion on doing away with offshore classes in ANY way (NAMBA).
    My vote is NO. Absolutely do NOT get rid of ANY offshore classes WHATSOEVER, or ANY classes for that matter.

My concern is growth. Growth of the hobby first, second, growth of us as racers.
    -Diversity. Hey, what if a European, or someone from China with a stepped mono-2 moved here?
    Would it hurt for the guy to have a class to race in?

They definitely have classes OUR boats fit right into.
    I'm "team" LEAVE THE CLASSES ALONE UNLESS YOU'RE ADDING MORE FUN.

Those classes aint botherin' nobody..

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    I think Randy is actually trying to keep the spirit of the class alive,
    Not sure what fueled him on it, but I like it. A 13.5 is the wind that can viably last 6-laps water cooled or not, and display respectable speeds.
    I see a 20 inch mono maintaining an entertaining speed in oval trim with the data/specs I'm willing to release to the public now.

If nothing at all one of us will write a proposal to add.
    Or just submit the one you already have in your hand.... Just have to pick the motor wind you want it to include...

It would be fun... and would bring back the 1/16th scale sized boats... which currently really have no place to effectively run.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

We don't need N1 anymore. Those classes can barely field a heat at the largest events in the country. We'll leave it in because those that see this truth aren't willing to argue about it. We revised the large cell count classes to make the participation in those classes more probable/possible. Any time the N1 subject comes up it's a holy war even though very very few run it.

Nobody has proposed getting rid of any offshore classes. Not in any proposals I've seen or heard of.

A spec for N2 might be the only way to save any of the 2s classes. It cost less to go the same speed with a spec boat as it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Or just submit the one you already have in your hand.... Just have to pick the motor wind you want it to include...

It would be fun... and would bring back the 1/16th scale sized boats... which currently really have no place to effectively run.
    I knew you'd like this, and I still have the proposal format you sent me.
    I could simply modify a few words and Voila!

Terry you're right, the N1 class on a national level is pretty much dead, but isn't Q-Hydro? (and by the way I'm the current nat champ in that) and a few other classes??? you keep em there in case the nats come to wherever, and theres a bunch of guys that have those boats, and we have at least a dozen N1-ers in D1 that would love to vye for a Nat chapionship when or if the nats come here to D1. I'm not gonna get into the rules and all that about it because wilmer has done amazing things with these little boats but the normal racer who doesn't have hours and hours to mess around with turbo boost and timing advance can't compete w a guy like wilmer. We keep the class simple still, we use brushed 27T motors and speedos and a 2 cell LiPo, our motors are $20 batteries are $15-$18 bucks and speedos are free (we all have bunches of old car speedos lying around that work fine) I'm on my third season now with the same motor speedo and batts in 3 N1's w/ little maitainence (cut the com beginning of each season and change brushes).
    And I didn't even know they were looking to get rid of offshore classes????? I definitely would not race at ANY National event if they eliminated Offshore!
    We call ourselves the "Q"

It is up for vote to possibly eliminate Offshore in SAW's you guys are confused. It is a little confusing not sure is it is just 2 lap or all #8 in question.
    http://www.namba.com/content/library...ls_2013-01.pdf
    Last edited by RandyatBBY; 04-17-2013 at 02:01 PM.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by madmikepags View Post
    And I didn't even know they were looking to get rid of offshore classes????? I definitely would not race at ANY National event if they eliminated Offshore!
    I getcha Mike. 10th scale is another example of exactly what you're saying. We tried it up here and couldn't find enough guys to run a single heat. Guys just aren't into it up here. Makes no sense with the gold cup and all. But up in the NW they totally dig it.

Your right about Q too. That's why the larger cell count classes were re-written so that Q,S, and T can run together if the numbers don't support them separately.

As far as I know there is no talk of eliminating anything in NAMBA. In fact, the latest proposals include new cats only classes. If monos can sprint why not cats? Seems obvious to most.

yes it's way too long overdue for cat classes, they can't run w the riggers, I like the idea of cats and monos running together!!! but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by madmikepags View Post
    yes it's way too long overdue for cat classes, they can't run w the riggers, I like the idea of cats and monos running together!!! but thats just me.
    I think cats and monos running together is perfect.
    Our full scale counterparts do so, why can't we? Let's keep all our classes.

The only trouble with keeping everything on the books is that you end up with a handful of guys in a class and in some cases less than a handful. Worst case is there aren't enough guys in some classes to even race. N1 and Unlimited are both examples at each end of the power and cost spectrum. You would think that at a nationals there would be more than 6 guys to run in these classes but in some cases there aren't enough to even field a heat.

I'm not rallying for elimination of those but if they didn't exist and a guy wanted to race he would be building/selecting boats that would run in more heavily populated classes. For what a scale costs to set up I could have 3 Limited boats to race. The scale I sink all my money into might not get to race anywhere. A boat that doesn't race is a sad boat. haha

We have too many classes for the number of human beings that play FE. No I don't have a solution. It's merely an observation.

you can build a scale boat for a lot less than u think Terry. Theres a guy in my club using a $149 outrunner and a $150 speedo, and 2 cheap 4S 40c packs, and the boat is fast and compettitive. For scale it's more the time spent building and painting and detailing than the actual cost. I guess we are the exception here on the east coast we have 7-8 N1's and 4-5 scale entries each week.

Well entries started coming in fast & furious only a couple more weeks before the dealine. We have lots of spaces left with a few more sponsorships left.

How come there is no class for electric tunnel hulls? It seems there is a class for every other boat. If I came out to race what class would me and my electric tunnel find ourselves in?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtnsnowrider View Post
    How come there is no class for electric tunnel hulls? It seems there is a class for every other boat. If I came out to race what class would me and my electric tunnel find ourselves in?
    Yes there is P LTD OPC, You must run 4S and a UL-1 Motor or a Pro boat motor and not over 34 inches long. I will be in that class with the Hooters boat But I am old and slow.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    Yes there is P LTD OPC, You must run 4S and a UL-1 Motor or a Pro boat motor and not over 34 inches long. I will be in that class with the Hooters boat But I am old and slow.
    So I can run my topspeed 3 I am now a very happy guy...... Thanks for the heads up.

Can I pay my fees the day of the race or do I have to pre-register? I have not paid my NAMBA membership fee.

I need to get my miss vegas painted so I can run her as well.

Guys, you really need a registered racer page so folks know what classes have enough and which don't. If you have a travellers that are packing boats on a plan to race they wont want to pack a boat for a class that isn't going to run.

P Limited OPC is a prime example. Dirtsnowrider asked the question. Randy answered it correctly. But we still don't know if it's running. P Limited OPC always gets enough entries but dirtsnow can't know that.

Suppose he's on the fence about going but sees Crackerbox on there. Thinks " I have one of those! Two boats will make it worth the trip". Then he gets there an no crackerbox.

Let's get it together gang.

Guys, you really need a registered racer page so folks know what classes have enough and which don't. If you have a travellers that are packing boats on a plan to race they wont want to pack a boat for a class that isn't going to run.

P Limited OPC is a prime example. Dirtsnowrider asked the question. Randy answered it correctly. But we still don't know if it's running. P Limited OPC always gets enough entries but dirtsnow can't know that.

Suppose he's on the fence about going but sees Crackerbox on there. Thinks " I have one of those! Two boats will make it worth the trip". Then he gets there an no crackerbox.

More than twenty classes have three entrants to run. I will make sure that there is enough of any one that is traveling , If not I will have derby call them before they are traveling. Yes you must pre-register.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

So there is a chance I may not be running my tunnel if I make the 2 hour drive?

I have other boats but I need to know what specs I need to have them at so they are NAMBA legal. I know for a fact that every one of my boats will need to be powered down. I also need to know if my batteries are NAMBA legal. I have many questions and am not getting the answers I need in order to plan this trip. My e mail has not been answered to this point as of yet from back in March. Maybe I e-mailed the wrong person on the directors board?

I have left a message with Dave Bestpitch, waiting to hear back........

Dirt-feel free to PM me or email to dnewland49@msn.com with any questions you may have.

Dave or Randy-If I can help get paper entries listed on RCRacingevents.com, fax me over the data and I'll enter it. (602)843-0722 Fax.

I feel it is very important to get the sign up data centralized so it can be reviewed by all attending and those planning on attending.

I have left 4 messages, 1 a week for the last month for Sonya, 530-656-2702 to make reservations. She will not return a call. Do you guys have another contact for making reservations for a cabin at the Nats 13?????

Thanks, Allen

Allen-try every day. I'll PM you her email address.

Got a call back from Dave Bestpitch and got everything cleared up. Nice to know that the race director has same day service. Dave was very helpful with everything. Also D. Newland was very helpful as well. You guys rock. Thank You for all the info and for your time.

Well entries started coming in fast & furious only a couple more weeks before the dealine. We have lots of spaces left with a few more sponsorships left.
    Keep trying to get a hold of Sonya, she will answer. give me your info and I will relay the info

Glad to see there has been a number of entries coming for this event. Looking forward to this year. New boats, new year.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast