Thread: Motley Crew Maiden dissapointment

Default Motley Crew Maiden dissapointment

I was hoping for a little more with this boat.

SLOW

34.2 mph, completely stock with exception of 5.5's and I removed the series jumper wire. I greased up the flex and fixed some drive line alignment issues. Also smoothed out the prop shaft as it is a piece of crap (need replacement).

Now the only other thing to mention here is my battery packs...

5000mah 2S 20C.

I see they call out 40C on this boat. However my UL-1 said 66amps continuous...

Im going to upgrade batteries and hope for the best. As of right now... I could take a nap while running it...

Need prop help ASAP.

42" Osprey, 32" Pursuit, 26" Bling Rocket (rescue), Blizzard Rigger, JAE 21FE rigger, Hobby King rigger (RIP)

I just bought my MC 3 weeks ago and was kinda dissapointed as well. I did achieve 39.8 mph though with a strut adjustment and better batteries. Im running a pair of 2s 4200 45c Peak racing packs and I have a pair of 2s 5000 45-90c nanotechs that are even better. I threw on a x445 and it had awesome acceleration out of the hole, 41 mph but the stock equipment got very warm. So now I have upgraded to a seaking 120 and 5.5 bullets and a very tuned m445 and a grim 42-55. Waiting on that esc to get here so i can give it a test. Should be much better but Im concerned about the 1800kv motor with what these can actually handle

oh also I shattered the stock prop, they suck!

I got some carbon filled ones same size. I guess I switch to be safe.

I got a 440/3 I was thinking of trying.
    42" Osprey, 32" Pursuit, 26" Bling Rocket (rescue), Blizzard Rigger, JAE 21FE rigger, Hobby King rigger (RIP)

probably have great off the line but wont be as fast

The 440/3 isn't a bad prop at all for a Crew, actually one of may favorites in less than perfect water conditions with the stock setup.
    Not the best choice for mirror smooth water, If you can do your own prop work a x645 can be made to work very very well. You need to unload it a fair bit or the temps will shoot up.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Quote Originally Posted by Basstronics View Post
    I was hoping for a little more with this boat.

SLOW

34.2 mph, completely stock with exception of 5.5's and I removed the series jumper wire. I greased up the flex and fixed some drive line alignment issues. Also smoothed out the prop shaft as it is a piece of crap (need replacement).

Now the only other thing to mention here is my battery packs...

5000mah 2S 20C.

I see they call out 40C on this boat. However my UL-1 said 66amps continuous...

Im going to upgrade batteries and hope for the best. As of right now... I could take a nap while running it...

Need prop help ASAP.

All the pre-checks you did were the right thing to do..

5000 20C packs will be "challenged" by this boat..

This boat is all stock except the prop, its a L45X68. Even the shaft, deans and all are bone stock. I am however running some of our KILLER 5000 40C packs.

Make sure you have good packs..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ucNxF6VyX8&feature=plcp

BTY, this boat runs in the mid to upper 40s
    Grim

Mike, that sucker is aired out nice. 2008? Geez sometimes I forget it's 2012....
    Nice work tho man-)

Im working on new packs. I got hit by another boats packs puffing so I gotta set priorities.