Thread: Why did the U.S. do not make the race electric boats on the triangular course?

Default Why did the U.S. do not make the race electric boats on the triangular course?

Hi guys.

I am Evgeniy Gromov from Ukraine, Eastern Europe.

I am professionally engaged in a fast electric model boat sport.
    I am the world champion in 2010 and Europe 2011 in fast electric boat model ECO classes, according to NAVIGA.
    I am planning to move to live in the U.S.

I learned the rules of NAMBA, which is now in the U.S. competitions are held fast electric model boat sport.
    I want to try your hand in your race.

I have a few questions. I look forward to your friendly answers ...

1. Why did the U.S. do not make the race electric boats on the triangular course, like in Europe?
    I've seen in the rules of what you have allowed. I mean the ECO classes.

2. In European NAVIGA rules, there are classes and MONO HYDRO.
    MONO1 and HYDRO1 - 2S1P LiPo, and MONO 2 HYDRO 2 - 4S1P LiPo.
    The motors in all classes without restriction.
    Limited battery weight - 280 grams and 560 grams respectively.
    I beg you to tell - what analogs of these classes is in the U.S.?

The race for MONO classes - 6 minutes, for HYDRO classes - 5 minutes.
    Who will drive more laps - he won.
    Distance - 60 meters direct + 7.5 m radius around the edges.
    The total length of 75 meters is obtained. This is about how you have the distance 1/10 miles.
    We have a little more ...
    Within 5 minutes of the best boat we pass 30 - 31 range.

I beg you to tell me - what I prepared, and which you have the most mass (the number of participants) electrical classes.

1. Why did the U.S. do not make the race electric boats on the triangular course, like in Europe?
    Full scale boat racing has been practiced in the US for over a century. Most of that racing has been held on oval race courses. It was natural for the first R/C boat races (held in the 1960s) to use the same type of courses used by their full-scale counterparts.

In NAMBA, N-2 HYDRO and N-2 Mono use 2S1P or 2S2P. No motor restrictions. 685mm mazimum hull length.
    P HYDRO and P MONO use 4S1P or 4S2P, no motor restrictions. 863mm maximum hull length.

We normally run sprint races, 6 laps on the 1/6th mile course for a total of one mile. The winner finishes first.
    We also run Offshore races, these extend the 1/6th mile oval with one or two left hand turns. We usually run for four minutes, the winner finishes the most laps.
    The most popular oval class which matches NAVIGA rules is P MONO. No steps are allowed on these hulls.

There is more to learn, we will be glad to help you!

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Hello Evgeniy,

First welcome to OSE and glad to here you want to participate when you move over. Where do you plan to move to in the US?

Regards,

Tyler
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

The club in Chicago (Batavia) (Jeff Stevens) ran the Triangle and M courses with CrackerBox and Anything goes. 4 mins was the limit but this was years ago. I love the timed races myself. With the batteries we have today I think we should have some 10 min. races.
    www.bataviarc.com

thanks,
    Steve Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Gromov View Post
    Hi guys.

I am the world champion in 2010 and Europe 2011 in fast electric boat model ECO classes, according to NAVIGA.

I learned the rules of NAMBA, which is now in the U.S. competitions are held fast electric model boat sport.

The total length of 75 meters is obtained. This is about how you have the distance 1/10 miles.

I beg you to tell me - what I prepared, and which you have the most mass (the number of participants) electrical classes.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    Hello Evgeniy,

First welcome to OSE and glad to here you want to participate when you move over. Where do you plan to move to in the US?

Tyler

Thank you Tyler for the welcome.
    I plan to first move with my wife to Los Angeles.
    There we have people ready to help us at first times.
    And then - I'll plan on.
    In the subject fast speed model boats, I know and can probably do it. Or almost all.
    Projecting from a computer, manufacturing of equipment for the production hulls models boats to build, assembly, and partication (and victory :)...) in the championships at the highest level. Maybe it is not modest, but it's true.
    My web:

http://ecomaster.torgg.com/rc_boat

I have a World Championship victory in 2010 in the NAVIGA class FSR E, and three champion tituls of Europe Championship in 2011 in the classes ECO expert, and ECO MINI.

I race in the same boat on the oval course, but I like the triangle. But, once in America, this course not - we will let the boat on the oval. P Mono and P Hydro...

Welcome Evgeniy,

Looking forward to meeting you when you get to L.A. There is a growing, active racing scene here in NAMBA District 19, and FE events include Oval, Offshore, Two-Lap and Straightaway time trials. We have a club, SoCal Fast Electric RC Raceboat Club, Tyler's a member, we also have a member, Naveed, who raced NAVIGA in Great Britian, and many up-and-comers. I'm sure we can learn from your experience and accomplishments and look forward to being introduced to Eco.

Feel free to contact me at rcboatbuild@hotmail.com

Tony Heller
    President, SoCal FE RC Raceboat Club
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Hi guys.

Good evening Gronov, I currently hold the US Eco world record, and would love to participate with you.
    Was very popular here at one time, but not anymore. I like the way European racing is run and would love to incorperate it here.

We need versatile classes that can be run the world over.
    I will offer Eco at our Electric Nationals in June.
    - Welcome!

Hi guys.

I am glad that I have the U.S. allies. Thank you to Tony Holler for the invitation and support.

As for the classes of ECO - in European races - these classes are going to only a triangular course.
    Equilateral triangle with sides of 30 meters (98.5 feet). All the dynamics and the adrenalie racing ECO are only disclosed to such a distance.
    The advantage of the boat with a submersible propeller, it can be seen on sharp bends distance.
    On the big oval, ECO - it sleepily riding flies ...

In Europe, the race ECO classes - 6 minutes.
    Winner is the one who passed the maximum number of laps.
    Boat speed is limited in time and race restrictions on batteries - now speed on straight to ECO boats 60 - 65 km/h (37 - 40 miles/hour).

In NAVIGA there is another very interesting and fast klass ECO racing. Distance - M course. It looks like a big letter M. Five buoys. Rectangle 200 x 50 feet, with a buoy in the middle of the fifth longest straight.
    Race 15 minutes. At the same time start up 8 models. Speed ​​on the straight - 40 - 45 miles / hour. Hulls are used in the class - ECO hulls.
    All ECO boats in NAVIGA go to threephase motors. Limit motors - not. We apply motors Tenshok and Lehner. Restrictions on the length of the boat hulls - are not.

I totally agree with you - it would be great to have some truly international class boats.
    To riders can enjoy a true, intercontinental race. In RC car model racing and RC model aircraft - the practice of traveling on American, Asian competitions - very extensive.The reason - the same technical requirements to the models and the rules of racing.

I told the subject to their colleagues from Russia and Ukraine.
    They were inspired very perspective of creating a international electric classes.
    Our guys did not stop the cost of expenses for travel and stay overseas.

I say to myself - having reached a certain (high) level in the hobby, then begins to repeat a lot from year to year - the event place, the results, the model ..
    I go to the European and World Championships NAVIGA since 2001. And of course I want to try myself in something else. In this case - I'm talking about standards in grads 1-3 boats classes NAVIGA and NAMBA. This can very raise the rank competition. If American racer is certainly interesting...

Interesting - what is the procedure, change the class of technical regulations or the introduction of a new class in terms in NAMBA?

On the photo - i with my wife in Germany 2010 - World NAVIGA Championship. In my hand - my boat: ECO typ 2008.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gromov; 08-19-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: photo added
    ecomaster.torgg.com

Great looking Eco, and beautiful wife!
    My girlfriend is from Bosnia.

I will provide an eco class as well as an M course for our nationals.
    Our racing community is somewhat small. There was a small push to eliminate eco from our books, but several fought to keep it on and I'm glad.

I run a ToySport joker that I've had many years, but I like some of the newer style like yours, or the Etti.

Here is a recreational video of me running one in the ocean. Part of my push to promote Eco racing in the US.
    Not a fast performance setup in it by any means, but fun vid.

Enjoy:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlNlXVZRnDY

And this is my part .. I also played this ... :)

My youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rcgromov?feature=mhee
    ecomaster.torgg.com

My European counterpart!!

Evgeniy,

As Tony mentioned Los Angeles has a pretty active group of model racers. The majority of them are gasoline, but there are small groups of avid electric and nitro racers as well. Legg Lake here is LA is a premier faciltiy and open pretty much year round with great weather. It also hosts the Straightline races where almost all of the top speed records have been set. Let us know when you arrive and are ready to come out to meet us.

Kind Regards,

Tyler
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    Evgeniy,

As Tony mentioned Los Angeles has a pretty active group of model racers. The majority of them are gasoline, but there are small groups of avid electric and nitro racers as well. Legg Lake here is LA is a premier faciltiy and open pretty much year round with great weather. It also hosts the Straightline races where almost all of the top speed records have been set. Let us know when you arrive and are ready to come out to meet us.

Kind Regards,

Tyler
    I agree, you are moving to a great place to be a boater.
    Great facility, avid racers, So-Cal is great for model boaters.

Thank you guys for your kind words.

I am glad that I can continue to compete on the models boats in America. I still can not say exactly - when I move to LA. Maybe after 2-3 months.
    Need to make arrangements for this big step. For me, this is very serious. You know what I mean.
    My wife is a family doctor, and I'm in Ukraine have a small business in the radio model. I have the radio model shop in my town, and internet radio models eshop. I look forward to continue this business in America. These are just plans.

I have a question: why in the technical regulations NAMBA, in ECO section - brushless motors are not allowed?
    ecomaster.torgg.com

I don't have any background information to answer your question, but if I had to guess, I'd say that when the rules were updated to transition many of the classes to allow lipos and brushless, the Eco class wasn't given due consideration because the class had remained relatively dormant and un-raced, other than straightline. When you arrive in the USA it might be a good time to address this with your expertise. I'd love to get into this class once updated.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Thanks Tony for the comprehensive answer.

I hope you like my boats and we will be able to develop ECO direction in NAMBA ...

februar 2012...

IMG_5981.JPG
    ecomaster.torgg.com

Here's a shaky vid of the pits, driver's stand, and water at the 2012 FE Nationals at Legg Lake in Los Angeles. The 2013 Nat's are in northern California at a really beautiful spot as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_h24ya-uoI

My Job. MONO 2S1P
    IMG_6366.jpgIMG_6392.jpgIMG_6399.jpgIMG_6406.jpg
    My props for MINI ECO 0.9 inch diameter... Speed - 33 m/h.
    IMAG1353.jpg

Test my MINI ECO wish this prop..

Last edited by Gromov; 08-20-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    ecomaster.torgg.com

My Job. MONO 2S1P
    IMG_6366.jpgIMG_6392.jpgIMG_6399.jpgIMG_6406.jpg
    My props for MINI ECO 0.9 inch diameter... Speed - 33 m/h.
    IMAG1353.jpg
    Technically, we can run brushless motors. In the rules it states a NORCA legal motor and NORCA allowed brushless before their sanction disbanded.
    I just haven't found a copy of their rules, but can..

Was visited yesterday by Evgeniy (and his beautiful wife). Evgeniy intends to move here (Cali) soon and promote Eco racing as well as operate his store to make Eco products available to us. What a super nice guy !

Hope we can increase interest in this category of FE - CrazyWildFun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crlGGESy5XE

DSC05249.JPG

It would be great for the hobby if we get this racing going. Way affordable to run a small boat/batteries. I have soo many say this would be fun but when I say what a decent size hull setup is worth all interest is gone.
    This looks fun.

Actually the SoCal FE Race Team did stage an Eco-like race / precision driving exhibition at Questtek Joe's lake a while ago. After the race, at an impromptu driver's meeting it was agreed that the next race will be performed minus the blindfolds and pre-race chilled malt beveridge consumption :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zNdWgRZAeU

Now there is a membership draw that I never thought of. Malt,eh?
    We have to start a new sanctioning body.

IMG_5527.jpg

Hi gyis. Thats was unforgettable meeting.

Thanks Tony!

And season 2014 is opened! Krimea, Ukraine, Black sea....

ecomaster.torgg.com

[QUOTE=Gromov;545694]IMG_5527.jpg

Hi gyis. Thats was unforgettable meeting.

Thanks Tony!

And season 2014 is opened! Krimea, Ukraine, Black sea....

Evgeniy, that was a fun video and you have hooked up with a very nice guy (Tony). I trust that you and your wife can find suitable employment in the Excited States of America. If that fails, Canada, also known as The Frozen North would welcome you!!...Also we are very polite up here

Douggie