Thread: Nqd jet boat kmb 28mm squirter installation

Default Nqd jet boat kmb 28mm squirter installation

Just been setting up my recovery boat with 28mm KMB Jet drive with reversing bucket
    .had to make a adapter plate for the motor , motor is 4 pole 2880kv vented can / esc 60amp turnigy ,
    i made that rear support from alloy sheet,for defuser to screw to . i shall add a skid /trim plate under it , lol its going to be a rocket on 3s2p 1800mah .0r 2s2p 2200mah ,hehe
    still i bit of messing around and half of tube of shoe goo to go ,

IMAG0481.JPGIMAG0485.JPGIMAG0477.JPGIMAG0483.JPG

Are you nuts!!!
    One of the guys did that locally here and the boat is like a *%$# Banshee.We run comps in the creeks here and it can't be controlled.Sure is fun though.
    I use my NQD for rescue now as well.I use a styrofoam ball on 8ft of Spiderwire to snag the boat.

Hey Joker, I am in the process of modifying a NQD with a 29mm Graupner. Curious how yours will do? I didn't think about letting the Jet stick out the back so far. I was scratching my head tonight thinking about how far forward I could get away with installing the Graupner. That looks good, I can't wait to see video.
    King of Shaves, Traxxas Spartan, NQD Tear Into Sprint Boat, Modified Wal-Mart Wakesetter, & Traxxas Blast (Recovery)

hay guys ! been busy as ,no progress from the photos , just a sheet of 2.5mm styrene glued in the transom for bit more support to bolt through
    / not sure how it will perform set up like this , will see.... need a skid plate extending back , KMB 28 fits in the stock jet location pretty dam good , just needs the opening trimmed back on the side as this jet has a wider mouth ,length of the jet intake is the same , so sits nice and flush to hull . make a good recovery boat with reversing bucket attachment ,needs a second servo to operate ,and 3-4 channel radio .