Thread: seaking 180 6s?

Default seaking 180 6s?

Hey just curious who runs the seaking 180 on 6s and how many runs you've given it. I am running 1600kv twin leopard/twin seaking combo, temps stay really low. I consider myself a sport boater and have been running on 5s1p per side and I feel like this is a solid setup. Will jumping up to 6s put a lot more strain on my esc? Thanks guys.

I do and have been for a couple years now. Most without bec.

I am running a single 1600kv on my Daytona with a sk180 on 6s. Temps on the esc are around 112F
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

I'm running a Jae Fe with 4082 2000kv on 6S and with a little mod on this esc you can run cool..40C.Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Quote Originally Posted by grsboats View Post
    I'm running a Jae Fe with 4082 2000kv on 6S and with a little mod on this esc you can run cool..40C.Gill
    What type of mods? Im planning to build i saw-cat twin 4082 2200kv on 6s, i have seen others on the same setup with the 180a ESC.

you wont have issues if you dont over prop.

I run a leopard 1550kv sk180 on 6s turning a x447-3 detounged and cupped..Temps are 115-120..I wouldnt push it any further than that..Also run 40c packs and disable the bec...

I have this esc on 3 boats, two of them are 6s using the sk bec, suppo 3730 outrunners in m445 props. Never seen esc temps past 120, I live in scorching Texas.

I run T180's on 6s with the bec in operation.

The only issue you may encounter is the pre-mature LVC, set it at 2.8v or turn it off and time your runs.................start with a 3 minute run then check capacity when you charge back up. On second thought, if you run a big prop in high heat, they have been known to thermal as well, keep is mild in August.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

My boat is a rigger made for saw and this is the simple mod .Gill
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

I modded one too, had some aluminum "L" stock handy so I used it. The larger shape of the aluminum pieces acts as a heatsink as well. Yours looks alot "prettier" than mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by iridebikes247 View Post
    Hey just curious who runs the seaking 180 on 6s and how many runs you've given it. I am running 1600kv twin leopard/twin seaking combo, temps stay really low. I consider myself a sport boater and have been running on 5s1p per side and I feel like this is a solid setup. Will jumping up to 6s put a lot more strain on my esc? Thanks guys.
    You should be fine on 6s. A lot of guys run 1600kv 6s setups in single drive cats or mono's. With a twin setup, each motor/esc side will run more efficiently than a single drive. You should have no worries. That boat will rip on 6s each side. What the heck do you have that in?

i am looking to get one of these Seaking 180's but not having one in hand i am not understanding the cooling mod. well it be obvious when i get it in hand?

i see it now that i found the other cooling thread.