Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wich Props for my 41" Zonda/Carbon Cat ? (from Horracing)

UPDATE:

now i get the full information about the motors what comes with the Zonda Cat (stock) from Horracing.

Motors:
    SSS 3674 4 pole 2075kv motor
    Type: 3674
    KV: 2075
    Y/D: 4D
    Max Amp (A): 82
    Max Volt (V): 29
    Max Power (W): 2400
    Max RPM: 60K
    Non Load Current (A): 2
    Shaft Diameter (mm): 5
    Motor size diameter x length (mm): 36*74
    Gross weight (g): 320

my Esc´s:

Hifei Swordfisch PLUS 200 Amps (detail 200A continous, 210A surge)
    2~6cell Lithium-polymer
    Size: 91mm X 44mm X 24 mm
    Weight: 157g (Water Resistance)

Props:!

2x cnc 39mm

so, do you think the sss motors that are listed can handle 45mm? i ordered them yesterday, atm -3 celsius and the lake is still frozen.

offtopic @ steveo, yes i get the full hardware, i think you mean the flex cables? i think they are 3/16, my stuffing tube on the left side stucks and i cant get it out, thats my actual problem, need to change it because there is a bigger resistance, but i cant get it out!!, the prop on this side stops 1 second before the others
    Zonda 41" Carbon Cat, Motors: 2x 2075KV 3674 Brushless Inrunner, ESC: 2x 200Ish plus, Props: 2x 42mm, 2x 5s 5000Mah 50/100c

Use soldering IRON, 60w, on the brass tubing just below the hull to loosen the epoxy and pull out.

Quote Originally Posted by jcald2000 View Post
    Use soldering IRON, 60w, on the brass tubing just below the hull to loosen the epoxy and pull out.
    To pull out the stuffing tube or the whole brass tube? Got a small Gas-Solderer and can use it like a burner to heat small points
    Last edited by Mecka1990; 02-10-2013 at 07:26 PM.
    Zonda 41" Carbon Cat, Motors: 2x 2075KV 3674 Brushless Inrunner, ESC: 2x 200Ish plus, Props: 2x 42mm, 2x 5s 5000Mah 50/100c

Heat from the bottom and pull out to the rear.
    Those pencil torches put out 1800 degrees F, Iron 750 F so you should shield everything else from the heat or you will destroy the hull!!!!
    Buy 60 to 80 Wattt soldering IRON not GUN they aren't expensive comared to boat hull.

Quote Originally Posted by jcald2000 View Post
    Heat from the bottom and pull out to the rear.
    Those pencil torches put out 1800 degrees F, Iron 750 F so you should shield everything else from the heat or you will destroy the hull!!!!
    Buy 60 to 80 Wattt soldering IRON not GUN they aren't expensive comared to boat hull.
    i did it 2 hours before, just finished.... its not that easy to put the new stuffing tube back, i sandet it about a half houer to get it in -.- i only got about 20mm room to put the teflon into the tube, because the i cant move the motor mount and cant move the stuffing tube -.- but i did it, now the right prop makes weird sounds, i think thats because the left is new and i just want to make more work for me :p i let it how it is.

I had problems with mt zonda cat when I swiched to one piece flex shafts. I striped the theds to the stinger one one side. I had to drill the head off one of the bolts and then pull it out and tryed to remove the bolt with vice grips. It stiped the threds and I went to studs and and glued them in place so that they nut tight from the is side of the hull now.
    As for the ancwer to the propize start with 4s then check temps and go up from their. I have mine running on 6s and 42mm props at the moment I will be looking at 45 or 47mm soon. Keep me posted at what you find.
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twissted View Post
    I had problems with mt zonda cat when I swiched to one piece flex shafts. I striped the theds to the stinger one one side. I had to drill the head off one of the bolts and then pull it out and tryed to remove the bolt with vice grips. It stiped the threds and I went to studs and and glued them in place so that they nut tight from the is side of the hull now.
    As for the ancwer to the propize start with 4s then check temps and go up from their. I have mine running on 6s and 42mm props at the moment I will be looking at 45 or 47mm soon. Keep me posted at what you find.
    To much work, i will stay with the squaredrive, if something makes problems i change it.
    I ordered some 45mm , i only get 512 u/S from the esc's so i will see what speed and temps i get with the sss motors

Btw, nice color :p

I too have the Zonda Cat. Got the carbon fibre version. I too was told the boat should run 100km/h+ with the stock 2075kv motors. Definitely get the one piece drives from Kintec. Those 2 piece square drives are a royal PITA at maintenance time. I get 80km/h pretty much exactly (shade under 50mph) on 5s with the 42mm props. I was advised to run the batteries as far toward the rear as possible so the boat doesn't run too wet. Helped a bit. Right now I'm considering larger props as well, like 45's or something. Motors and ESC's don't get hot at all after a good run right now. Surely, because there are 2 motors helping each other, we should be able to fit bigger props than you would otherwise in a single drive system right?

Next I was advised a bit of positive stinger angle might help. Haven't tried that yet.

Interesting that we've all arrived at about the same speed with this boat so far.

Running the 200A Swordfish ESC's as well.
    PERTH AUSTRALIA
    || 2 x SV 27R || Impulse 31 - ver1 || Traxxas Spartan || Kintec Pursuit || Zonda Cat 41" || Insane FE30 || OuterLimits 870mm || TFL Ariane 36" || ProBoat Zelos 48 ||

Talking twin drive cat

Quote Originally Posted by IRON-PAWW View Post
    I too have the Zonda Cat. Got the carbon fibre version. I too was told the boat should run 100km/h+ with the stock 2075kv motors. Definitely get the one piece drives from Kintec. Those 2 piece square drives are a royal PITA at maintenance time. I get 80km/h pretty much exactly (shade under 50mph) on 5s with the 42mm props. I was advised to run the batteries as far toward the rear as possible so the boat doesn't run too wet. Helped a bit. Right now I'm considering larger props as well, like 45's or something. Motors and ESC's don't get hot at all after a good run right now. Surely, because there are 2 motors helping each other, we should be able to fit bigger props than you would otherwise in a single drive system right?

Next I was advised a bit of positive stinger angle might help. Haven't tried that yet.

Interesting that we've all arrived at about the same speed with this boat so far.

Running the 200A Swordfish ESC's as well.

Hi,
    Running twin drive cats draws much less amps from lipos/esc/motors so you can go to larger props than a single drive with
    same setup. Moving the CG back/forward all depends on achievde speed, the faster you go the more forward, the slower
    move backward, same for strut angle. First decide what lipos set 4S or 5S than you start working on CG ecc strut angle.
    I have been advised to give a 1° neg angle to strut to keep it from flipping over on 5S and will try as well to achieve a
    steday navigation. I am runnin M447 outwards with no heat or high amp draw issues at over 80 mph on my twin.
    With all the power train I have on my Cat probably even a tree log would go fast

if i have the chance to test my boat like you guys i will be so happy, but the lakes are frozen and i just can dream of it haha, this year i will go every day to try all setups and options with the stinger angels to get the max out of the boat, atm 39mm props tested but they are definetly to small to get the hull on plane, next i go for 42 to see how it goes and heats, then 45, and i got some 51mm´s that i will mount at last when i got the new motors for my saw build

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12