Thread: New mystic owner here

Default New mystic owner here

Hi all i just bought a mystic and figured i say hello this is my first electric boat but not my first boat as i previously owned two 1/12 miss buds that were nitro

Hey Gators fan, congratulations and welcome! I havnt been a member here long and Ive only had one other boat before my mystic. Ive got about 6 or 8 runs on it and really like it. Theres allot of knowledgeable people on here and its a great resource. Good luck and have fun!

Thanks im hoping to take it out for the first time today should be fun

Just some friendly advice, avoid running 11.1v LiPo batteries in the mystic! I ran 5000 Mah 11.1v Li-Po batteries and my Mystic ESC exploded. The new ESC that I ordered is the New 80 Amp, (thats sold in the BlackJack 29). with 5000Mah 7.4v Li-Po batteries I was getting 35mph, and the 11.1v's I was getting 48.8mph. (ESC's aren't cheap)

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Just some friendly advice, avoid running 11.1v LiPo batteries in the mystic! I ran 5000 Mah 11.1v Li-Po batteries and my Mystic ESC exploded. The new ESC that I ordered is the New 80 Amp, (thats sold in the BlackJack 29). with 5000Mah 7.4v Li-Po batteries I was getting 35mph, and the 11.1v's I was getting 48.8mph. (ESC's aren't cheap)
    Thanks for the info i was not planning on running 11.1v lipo batteries as it states 4s is what it is rated for. im running 5000mah 40c 7.4v gens ace batteries getting about 6 min of run time not sure on mph

The Mystic is not a stock 6S setup by any stretch! Even 5S is pushing it. Stick to 4S (2 - 2cell Lipos). If you want to increase speed and performance....read through the forum and go slow with mods. tinkering with setup is a much better way to get improvements at the start. Otherwise, you are stressing everything! Do prop upgrade. Make sure CG is good (27-30% from transom) Strut angle should be 0 - +2 degrees. Strut height... check in forum but most likely 1/4 above transom.

Sean

6 minute runtime? with twin 20C 7.4 Lipo 5000Mah I was getting 25 minute runtimes.

wow i timed my run with a stop watch and it was right around the 6min mark with 2x 7.4v lipo 5000mah 40c packs
    Last edited by GatorsFan; 08-22-2012 at 06:45 PM.

I am very new to the RC boat scene and just bought a Mystic. I understand cars but a novice at boats. Can anyone give me advice on a basic setup for what I will need? Batteries, charger, connectors etc..? What do I need to watch out for? Any advise is very much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

I just redid all the electrical connectors on my Mystic(first rc boat too) to 5.5mm bullets. The deans were soldered on like ish. I would guarantee one wire would have definitely unsoldered on me while running. I also changed over the 3.5mm bullet connectors on the motor to 5.5's as after seeing the soldering job on the deans I wanted all new joints done by myself. Batteries I'd look for some 2s1p 5000mah 40c+ batteries and as for a charger your budget is the biggest dictator of what to recommend. I went with a Thunder Power 820CD as I wanted a charger that would last me and be reliable. I came from dual CE turbo 35 GFX's and I wanted a quality charger to get back into the electric game.

6 minute runtime? with twin 20C 7.4 Lipo 5000Mah I was getting 25 minute runtimes.
    Twin . Is that 2x 4s ore 4x 2s into a 4s ore just 2x 2s ? 25 min, that's a long time man, I thought the stock setup on my friends pnp mystic lasted quite a while on 4500, but 25 min, wow.
    Drammen rock City

two 2 cell batteries. I was running on a small golf course pond, so I couldnt keep the throttle pinned.

when i stated 6min of run time that was all out max throttle on the boat

6 min is about what I would get from my stock setup on 4s WOT. Anyway welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by yfzbrad View Post
    6 min is about what I would get from my stock setup on 4s WOT. Anyway welcome to the forum.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yfzbrad View Post
    that sounds about right im pretty close to the same wot runs on mine
    proboat mystic, preditator outrigger, tt desparado jr, vac-u-vee jr, aqua craft top speed v2, dumas 1/8 scale hydro