Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zonda Cat 41" from Horracing

Surely you have to disconnect at least one of the BECs or both will try feed the Rx, i.e. double the required voltage. Or am I just being a bit thick?

Quote Originally Posted by twissted View Post
    I think there very bussey selling boats. I got after 5 days the tracking number that showed it was shiped 5 days after I ordered it. It is now state side and I hope to have it this week.
    Does HOR ship from the US? I don't know or never ordered from them, but I am just curious where they are based. Thx

Just curious, how is their post sale service?

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    I'm curious...there have been a number of new members that have posted in reference to this boat...
    Is there something on the HOR site that is suggesting people post here?
    Johnny owner of HOR is a great guy. I was a little surprised when the thread starter said it took him 5 days to get a response from HOR . I 1st introduced HOR drive cables on jrcbd and from there Tom @ Expresscraft has now started stocking large inventory of HOR parts. Hi will not be offering HOR hulls or artr boats as expresscraft lays up there own hulls. But I'm sure he could get any of HOR hulls or artr boats. I've found that the HOR cable was the same cable as the German cables and there only $15 for 22" 1/4 cable and it comes with prop nut and drive dog!! I've been running the same HOR $15 cable in my 36" sprintcat that's hits 85+ mph when it's running in flat water with light wind as you know any saw cat needs water and wind like described lol. Also HOR hardware is very nice and as been compared to speedmaster . HOR has many items that you don't find on every site and the best thing about HOR is they have boats and parts for FE and gas and some nitro stuff. I'm actually in the middle of a deal with HOR to build the 1st ALL HOR PARTS gas SAW boat for record trails . Shipping from HOR to the states or around 5 days and the shipping cost is only a few more $ than . I paid $6.67 for a cable , transom mount water pick up , and a few other parts and got my parts fast . I ordered on a Saturday night and they got here the next Thursday!!! For those of you that have any doubts about HOR DON'T!! . Now I'm not a FE guy ( working on starting my 1st FE ) but I have very fast gas cats and I have not ran a HOR hull or hardware yet but I'm working on it but as u said Tom from expresscraft has sold tons of HOR parts and if any of you guys are members of Jim's boat dock you know how hard those guys are on everything that's not made in the USA but HOR parts have gotten the big thumbs up!!! Ill keep you guys posted on the HOR parts . Hers a pic of 1 of my 2 cats that run HOR cables and my best 2 way pass was 87.6 mph with HOR $15 cable and it's been running the same 1/4 cable for 5 months with over 3 gallons of fuel ran on it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by gyrotron View Post
    Does HOR ship from the US? I don't know or never ordered from them, but I am just curious where they are based. Thx
    HOR is in Japan , as I said Tom from expresscraft has a large inventory of HOR parts but I don't think he carries there hulls or artr boats as they lay up ther own well made hulls.

ok so i can plug both esc with bec into the y cable, gonna try.

PLEASE HELP :-(

need every detail about the motors what horracing puttet into this boat, they dont answer on any question i asked them, only got the shipping info and that i can run 2x42mm prop on it, nothing more, and the information that the page got is this:

Motors: water cooled 2075KV 3674 brush-less in-runner with motor mount (2x)

Thats so hard to buy such a nice boat but no informations whats the manufacture of the motors and the other informations, kv and size are really not enough -.-

shipping from hongkong like the shipping info i got, haha

Quote Originally Posted by gb tiggycat View Post
    Surely you have to disconnect at least one of the BECs or both will try feed the Rx, i.e. double the required voltage. Or am I just being a bit thick?
    i try with 1 bec, thats the winner, everyone say that.

horracing got very nice hulls and hulls+hardware, but they dont answer any question :-(

yeah Saw-Usa got right, hor is a nice dealer, the only problem EVERYONE got with them is that they dont answer so fast, they got very much to do it seems, over 100 hulls are maden in the last half year.
    edit: VERY NICE BOAT SAW! i saw it on a other picture with the full paintbrush, looking damn hot :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Mecka1990 View Post
    Ok, so probably two weeks plus in order to receive anything from them...

Confirm for Hong Kong based. I've 5 hulls from HOR already (including bare hull for this 41" Zonda fiberglass version) and many hardware parts. Only had one time problem with the order when they sent me 150mm cat rudder instead of the 115mm I actually ordered. However, once notified to Johnny, he quickly sent me the correct one and gave the nice 150mm for free...

i ordered the boat + hardware on the 10.08.2012, it was shipped today, so i hope i get it next week.
    i ordered the esc from ose @ the same day, get them on thuesday, only 4 days and over the weekend!^^
    Zonda 41" Carbon Cat, Motors: 2x 2075KV 3674 Brushless Inrunner, ESC: 2x 200Ish plus, Props: 2x 42mm, 2x 5s 5000Mah 50/100c

Quote Originally Posted by bikenewby View Post
    Confirm for Hong Kong based. I've 5 hulls from HOR already (including bare hull for this 41" Zonda fiberglass version) and many hardware parts. Only had one time problem with the order when they sent me 150mm cat rudder instead of the 115mm I actually ordered. However, once notified to Johnny, he quickly sent me the correct one and gave the nice 150mm for free...
    hahah, i hope i get something wrong to, hahaha
    Zonda 41" Carbon Cat, Motors: 2x 2075KV 3674 Brushless Inrunner, ESC: 2x 200Ish plus, Props: 2x 42mm, 2x 5s 5000Mah 50/100c

Box shows Hong Kong.
    Got mine in Washington state in 5 days just a few days ago. When you open the box check the front sides for cracks, the foam that holds the boat will crack the boat if shipping packs anything on the box. Happened to me. I have 2 large cracks on boath sides, about 10 and 12 inches long. Box showed on signs of stress. The cracks are behind the foam so I think mine was shipped this way and not from shipping. He asked for pictures for records and I think he"s sending another boat. I have not heard from him since he got the pictures.

twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

I ordered some parts from them at least a month ago and haven't seen anything yet...

ok that is not good, but this must be much power to brake such a hull -.- you ordered the kevlar version? i ordered the normal, i think mine is looking a little bit different from the outside

need every detail about the motors what horracing puttet into this boat, they dont answer on any question i asked them, only got the shipping info and that i can run 2x42mm prop on it, nothing more, and the information that the page got is this:

Thats so hard to buy such a nice boat but no informations whats the manufacture of the motors and the other informations, kv and size are really not enough -.-
    someone got a answer on this? cant find anything -.-

arhg that sux twissted!
    Its just not the paint thats cracked?

no if you put pressure on top it opens up on both sides. Here are the emails, so far:

I will open the link tomorrow and let y know the solution tomorow

Sent from Johnny's iPhone
    horracing.com
    fullwintextile.com
    speedsupreme.com

On 2012年8月16日, at 13:25, "jack payne" <jackp420@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
    > Ok I sent pics. Please replace boat-----
    > On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 8:33 PM PDT Cheung Johnny wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> sorry
    >>
    >> please shoot me photos for our record
    >>
    >>
    >> Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 20:31:55 -0700
    >> From: jackp420@yahoo.com
    >> Subject: Re: Order Update
    >> To: jhocheung@hotmail.com
    >>
    >> I got the boat to day. got it home and found 2 large crack in the hull. both sides of the front. About 8 to 10 inches long. box is not crushed so it was shiped this way please replace as soon as possible. need it fast. I can send pictures as soon as I get my camera back.
    >> from: HOR Racing <jhocheung@hotmail.com>
    >> To: Jack Payne <jackp420@yahoo.com>
    >> Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2012 6:33 PM
    >> Subject: Order Update
    >>
    >>
    >> HOR Racing
    >> ------------------------------------------------------
    >> Order Number: 1538
    >> Detailed Invoice: http://www.horracing.com/account_his...?order_id=1538
    >> Date Ordered: Saturday 04 August, 2012
    >>
    >> The comments for your order
    >> are
    >>
    >> CP854817094HK
    >> shipped on 7th Aug 2012
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Your order has been updated to the
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    I ordered some parts from them at least a month ago and haven't seen anything yet...
    I ordered the 41'' hull last month and have not seen it yet...
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Quote Originally Posted by Rocstar22 View Post
    I ordered the 41'' hull last month and have not seen it yet...
    Suprising, he is usually very fast at shipping. Give it a couple more days or ask him for the tracking number and you'll know for sure.
    Nortavlag Bulc

They don't sell these here and from what I have read in some of your post. You would like to sell them. You need to know that I would not have posted this if you would have been nicer to me. I take about selling something and you went off on me. ok I get it so know every time you want to sell something I will show everyone how to buy it cheaper. not fun is it?
    I like your work that you do on boats and if I choose to look and post them you should be flattered. I know your fallowing along on the post and getting cranky isn't going to do any good for anyone.

now im scared that mine is cracked to when it comes -.-

tweissted you can take some pictures for me how to install the servo? doesnt know if there is already a servo holder, got the traxxas 2056 servo

From what I can tell you use a zip tie that you loop through the graphite plate and that is all they supply. I don't like it and will be changing it. It wouldn't take much to mount nuts to the plate and use a bracket that wouldn't flex. as they have it side to side they have covered but the torque would cause lifting of the servo from it bed that there.
    The arrow is the zip tie hole. zip ties get weak and I wold make custom studs that could hold a bracket across the top. Before I bought the boat I wanted to do a 150mm rudder from Horracing. this would change the servo to standing mount.

Default servo mount

this is what I want to try.

I'll be using a HV titanium servo.

ok thats *!***!***!***!**, zip ties dont hold a servo enough, there must be a way to get a servo mount for this, i bet they sell it to but not with the setup -.- i try my best and send you a picture when i get my boat

so you go for pull pull :-) gonna work, you need to drill an aditional hole in it. the top picture is from a other boat ?

I think I will change the cooling system as well. I will test this system and if it works I'll leave it. I plan on building a bigger cat this winter and so some of my ideas will go into it. I currently have a deep-v hull boat that is around 56" long and would like to build a Catamaran that is a little bigger. Say 60". fightercat has one I like.

Originally Posted by Mecka1990

someone got a answer on this? cant find anything -.-
    42mm props are fine to start with on these motors. The motors are FSD brand 2 pole motors.

The limit on one (1) of these motors is about 6S in a 37" Genisis Cat, single drive. A few runs and the cores will come apart.

Now, you have 2 pushing a 41" cat so, there is less stress on the motor in your application. 5S would be fine, 6S and who knows how long the motors will last.

Steve at OSE has some very nice motors that will fit right in there. A pair of 4 pole Leopards like the 3674's he has would be a great upgrade since they can handle much more abuse than the stock motors. A pair of 4074's would be awesome too.

Remember Steve is so very nice to allow you to post your thread that does allot of advertising for HOR.

What is the story with slow delivery lately?? Thats not like Johnny C.
    Nortavlag Bulc

yeah twisted i will test the water cooling to 1st, 1 line for 2 esc´s and 2 motors, seems not ok, but well, maybe it works with the speed....

ok so i dont need to think about the motors on 5s now, i got one leo 4082 1600kv 2y, from my old boat, tested it one time and my boat sinks (lost flexcable, esc meldet everythign down, smells like someone dies in there -.-) i will buy another one and put them into the boat, seems like there is enough room for them, 5s will stay on them with 5,5mm connectors.

the funny part is, the boat comes from hor, the rest is from ose, so i think steve likes that, hahahaha, everything i buy for my boats or hulls is from ose, best quality and the price is ok.

the delivery, i dont know, i dont like the delivery of hor, and i dont like the communication of hor, if you want to buy something, he answer, if you already payd, he dont answer, or you wait 4 weeks for a answer, thats bad for me, im from austria and my english is badass, but i can write it that someone understand me, isnt so hard, and when i dont understand something, i go for google translater or others, works fine :-)

twissted, a 60" cat, you really got enough room for that in your home? i put everything under my bed or in the celler, i fly to, 1x radian, 1x radian pro, 1x traxxas mustang gt (120 km/h) onroad, 3x deep v plastik hulls that doesnt run any more (crashed in racing) and my old best boat, spartan, but spartan is melted by the seaking 180amp (new version) because i tried to dive with it :-(

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast