Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Zonda Cat 41" from Horracing

Dude, sorry to see that mess........ I feel your pain, been there, done that, even scuba dived for one of mine......... RIP

I used fiber glass resin and hardener.

Quote Originally Posted by rude5150 View Post
    How fast were you going ? How did you crash?
    everyone who watched the incident has a different story of what they saw.
    it happened quick, involved a sudden bit of side draft and lots of spin... oh ~85mph too lol
    'everyone' saw the cowl thrown off in the death spin.. however the hull was recovered with cowl still taped !

it may get run through a bandsaw to make a wall mounted trophy.. hahaha
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

btw, the hull is not mine
    Belongs to 'Jamie' here at OSE.
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

drwayne,
    which viscosity version of CorrosionX was used in your ESC? I am impressed that it didn't get washed away for so long under water.

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    drwayne,
    which viscosity version of CorrosionX was used in your ESC? I am impressed that it didn't get washed away for so long under water.
    Hmm.. it's the blue gear.
    part no.91002 for ~ a pint of the stuff

heatshrink removed.. esc literally drowned in X for hr or so.. removed.. drip dried..heatshrink applied.. esc installed and used...
    I simply pour X through the esc every few weeks of use after the above treatment..

Also ... invert servo, open base, flood with X ..replace base..use ..no issue ever with water or lubrication of gears
    Ditto Rx or BEC
    Be aware where dip switches are used, it is wise to cover those with a drop of silicone .. as the X may penetrate and cause conductivity issues..

The watershed quality of X is used by nitro runners who flush motors with this gear.. !
    regs

W

Quote Originally Posted by rude5150 View Post
    I used fiber glass resin and hardener.
    Yeah I figured that lol. but what brand there are hundreds of makers. For example west systems or some stuff from local hardware store. There was a reason I was asking thanks and talk to u soon

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    Hmm.. it's the blue gear.
    part no.91002 for ~ a pint of the stuff

heatshrink removed.. esc literally drowned in X for hr or so.. removed.. drip dried..heatshrink applied.. esc installed and used...
    I simply pour X through the esc every few weeks of use after the above treatment..

Also ... invert servo, open base, flood with X ..replace base..use ..no issue ever with water or lubrication of gears
    Ditto Rx or BEC
    Be aware where dip switches are used, it is wise to cover those with a drop of silicone .. as the X may penetrate and cause conductivity issues..

The watershed quality of X is used by nitro runners who flush motors with this gear.. !
    regs

W
    Thank you drwayne!
    Reason I asked was precisely I thought you used the blue gear, it is thicker and I have to order it from else where. Also thank you for sharing in DETAIL how you apply and maintain the X on the ESC, rx, servo, etc.
    Valuable advice for everyone!

Default Carbon Zonda Crash

Hi there Borgie here (the one Doc mentioned before),
    today (friday) i got some air time with my Zonda and it punched the side in , the seam is fine it fractured right on the sponson edge of the right side and ripped the left hand side motor out and the deck also had some fractures, we did a rough and ready repair job... it will be ready tomorrow (saturday)

Photo on 25-04-14 at 1.10 PM.jpg

Photo on 25-04-14 at 1.10 PM #2.jpg

1901218_1470628246501604_2931157908795340070_n.jpg

P.S: all electronics survived due to being corrosion X-ed the boat took on a lot of water and i would recommend corrosion x to anyone!
    Last edited by borgie; 04-25-2014 at 12:14 PM. Reason: forgot some details

Borgie's old man ( Borgie senior) runs a auto repair shop and also builds/races boats for the fullsize clubs throughout Australia.
    His own blown mono is entered in this year's UIM Races !!!

Borgie senior told me a few moments ago that the above broken hull is repaired & ready for a run this morning ( 24hrs after above damage !! )

Great work father / son team !

There doesn't look to be much in the way of material there for a sponson bottom! On the topic of corrosion x it's sold under a bunch of different uses. I ordered a 6 oz bottle and received the corrosion x for gun care. Naturally concerned about using it on electronics I contacted corrosion x and was informed it's the same formula sold under a dozen different use types! Good marketing I suppose.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789