Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zonda Cat 41" from Horracing

Default ZONDA CAT 41" FROM HORRACING, pls help.

Hi Guys, im from Austria, my 1st Thread.

I Ordered a Zonda Cat from Horracing.

41" catamaran ARTR twin drive set. Boat hull made up carbon fiber epoxy.
    Recommended for use of 3s Li-Po batteries (not included). (dont understand why they recommended 3s for such a nice cat )

Specification:

Length: 41" or 1050mm (excludes rudder and strut)
    Width: 11 3/4" or 300mm
    Motor: 2 unit x water cooled 2075KV 3674 brush-less in-runner with motor mount

Drive system: stainless steel collets, 3/16" flexi cable, brass tube, teflon lining, teflon washers, machine billet propeller, prop nut, drive dog (installed) Other accessories: antenna mount, water tubings, rudder, stinger drive

Parts NOT included: Batteries (11.1V 2100-4500mah) and chargers, radio system, boat stand, electronic speed controllers (ESC), servos.

Here a Link from the Page and the Boat informations: http://www.horracing.com/product_inf...roducts_id=566

Now i got some Questions, maybe someone know it, because i already wait 5 days for a answer of horracing.

I have no idea what size the Propellers are........someone know that Wich Size i shoud run on 5s with this Motor and 200ams Esc´s, never drive a Cat before.
    The 2 Motors with it, are they ok? (Motor: 2 unit x water cooled 2075KV 3674 brush-less in-runner with motor mount )
    I Ordered from OSE 2x swordfish 200amps Plus esc, 2x 5000Mah 5s Lipos (50/100c) (1 Lipo for Each motor and esc) and 5,5mm Gold Connections.

My other Setup i already got: Traxxas Radio and receivar with waterproofed Receiver box, Traxxas 2056 Servo, Lipo charger. (My Spartan lost the Flexcable with 53 Mp/h and gets water, sinks, and the Seaking 180a burned everything down)

The Servo and Receivar i need to mount myselv into the Boat, how i need to mount the Servo? i need a Servo Mount on the Plate in that i can pull the Servo or it works without?

I want a Topspeed Build with this Hardware and Items i ordered, how i need to program the Esc? 1 Esc with Bec and the other without or what? Did i need Capacitor banks?

Sorry for my english, its very bad i know

Every Answer on one of this Questions help me sleeping better heheheh

here some pics of it:

41catch3a.jpgzondafgartr1.jpgzondafgartr2.jpgzondafgartr3.jpgzondafgartr4.jpg

On some pictures you see Kevlar, but its the normal, the build is the same, got the pictures of horracing´s homepage.
    Last edited by Mecka1990; 08-12-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: got a answer on some questions

Hi,

interessant einen Bootfahrer aus Österreich übers Forum kennen zu lernen. Wenn du Unterstützung/Hilfe brauchst können wir uns auch gern mal per eMail unterhalten. Ich bin aus Oberösterreich/Schärding - wenn du mal in der Gegend bist kannst du ja vorbei schauen bzw. hin und wieder bin ich auch in Wien.

For the others: The guy lives in Austria like my, thats why I wrote him in German.

regards,
    Manuel

I'd try x442's as they come in both rotations, i think the 3674's will do well in it, should get you into the 50's with ease.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=oct-x442r
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

So i need to get the x442´s, but are they not a little bit to small for such a boat? its 41" with 200amps esc, but gonna try, i think to a 3674´s is to small for this boat, its hardly build and a very nice work on him how i read and see, shame for me to drive it with such a small motor :-).

I run it 5s each motor, with the motor listed above and for each motor one 200amps swordfish plus esc, the problem i got is that i have no idea how to connect the esc to the receiver and the rest, because both got a BEC, did i need to shut one of the bec down or let them both on bec and connect normal to the receivar?

Someone got some Answers about the double esc ->BEC setting?
    I need capacitor Banks?

Yes, you could use bigger motors, HV ESCs, and larger props. That hull handles 50mm props quite well. Something like a x648 would be good, but you need more motor and ESC first.

I'm curious...there have been a number of new members that have posted in reference to this boat...
    Is there something on the HOR site that is suggesting people post here?

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    I'm curious...there have been a number of new members that have posted in reference to this boat...
    Is there something on the HOR site that is suggesting people post here?
    No it's just a very nice hull :), and hor doesn't answer on any question -.- I will start with the stock motor and 200 swordfish esc, when I get the money I will switch to a better motor and esc.

How I need to connect th esc? Both with bec or only one bec?

You can try to email jan from kintec racing because he sells these boats.

I asked jan, let's see what he answer.

I ordered the boat last week, but don't get any email from hor, maybe something is wrong?

I think there very bussey selling boats. I got after 5 days the tracking number that showed it was shiped 5 days after I ordered it. It is now state side and I hope to have it this week.
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twissted View Post
    I think there very bussey selling boats. I got after 5 days the tracking number that showed it was shiped 5 days after I ordered it. It is now state side and I hope to have it this week.
    The problem is im from Austria, shipping will need 2-3 weeks, and the PayPal garanty only is 20 says after payment....
    Let's hope we get it fast :)

Someone knows a answer on the bec question in a two drive cat? One or two bec plug?

Quote Originally Posted by Mecka1990 View Post
    So i need to get the x442´s, but are they not a little bit to small for such a boat? its 41" with 200amps esc, but gonna try, i think to a 3674´s is to small for this boat, its hardly build and a very nice work on him how i read and see, shame for me to drive it with such a small motor :-).

I run it 5s each motor, with the motor listed above and for each motor one 200amps swordfish plus esc, the problem i got is that i have no idea how to connect the esc to the receiver and the rest, because both got a BEC, did i need to shut one of the bec down or let them both on bec and connect normal to the receivar?
    BEC, use only one BEC, remove one red wire from the connector case of one esc and cover wit htape or heat shrink.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Thats the answer I was looking for!!! Thank you :)

t180 has a instruction manual,You can set forward only,forward and reverse,lipo cutoff,Auto calculate cells,and timing.The defalts(preprogrammed from factory)Forward only,autocalculate cells,lipo cutoff 3.2v/cell,and 15 degrees timing.To disable the bec on one of the esc,s,cut just the little red wire going to the receiver.You will need a y connector to connect both esc's to one receiver plug.
    This if your using the turnigy 180 esc's. I have these and plan on using them. I have other esc's that I will be trying as well. I'm also looking at different motors as I think this boat can handle a lot of power. I also plan on using a 150mm rudder. I have heard some people talking of 100 mph out of this boat. And I think that rudder this size would be wise. I would like to get this kind of speed and to do so I feel that 400 amp esc's will be needed to get their. I will try this later as I'm learning first. and looking for stupid speed later.
    I have a 19.5' 200hp bass boat that doesn't go that fast. just over 77 mph with a hydrolic jack plate!
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

I just take the red cable out of the connection, so I can put it back if I need It in a other boat.
    But, I got 2x swordfish 200amps plus version.
    Why I need a Y plug from the esc's to the receiver? I can't put them into the receiver of traxxas radio link? 2xCh1, ch2, ch3, ch4 and chbatt are there where I can put them in, and I can programm the Chanel's how I want....

Had thinked I put the 2 esc" in channel1(got 2 channel 1 that operating the same) and the servo in channel 3.
    Last edited by Mecka1990; 08-13-2012 at 04:35 PM.

So there we are, i got now:

ESC = 2x http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...f-sword-200%2B
    and the Receiver that you can see on the Picture$(KGrHqR,!rYE88g6W7ESBPTkLOJ5S!~~60_35.JPG

I taked from one ESC the BEC red cable out, only need 1 bec running.

so, how to connect the esc´s to the receiver? both in ch1? or in ch2 and 3? or a Y Cable to stick them all into one channel?

You need a Y cable to plug both into channel 2.

You only need one receiver for one model. Thats why you need a Y adapter.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I don't find a y plug on ose

Edit: found it :)

So, got now the ESC´s and the Y Plug, installed the software on my pc and connect it with usb, somene use this ESC already and can help me setting it ok? Running each side 1 motor 1 esc 1 batt.

i run:
    41" Twincat
    2x 2075KV 3674 brush-less in-runner
    2x 200amps + Esc from Swordfisch
    2x 43mm 2 bladed cnc prob
    2x 5s 5000mah 50/100C Lipos.

need following settings for highspeed setup without overheating:

LVC:
    Cutoff Voltage/Cell:
    Brake Type:
    Timing Adance:
    Cutoff Type:
    Startup Type:
    PWM Rate:
    (optional) Trottle Range:

Go to your hobby shop and ask for a adjustable Y-plug. This way you can adjust your esc's to get the motors timed together. https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...9&d=1344397795
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by twissted; 08-14-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Never heard of it and it somewhat worries me but, if they said it works.....
    Nortavlag Bulc

What colour is the exterior of your cat, grey or black?
    Nortavlag Bulc

charcoal gray. I plan on using it as a primer. As for the y cable it is used buy the airplane guys so it must work. This is my first duel motor so I will let you know how it works.

i set this on both esc´s:

LVC: 5 Cells
    Cutoff Voltage/Cell: 2.8V
    Brake Type: no brake
    Timing Adance: middle
    Cutoff Type: hard cutoff
    Startup Type: standart
    PWM Rate: 8 Khz
    (optional) Trottle Range: coming if i set the throttle on the radio and receivar with failsave.

I found these esc's on line I think they are the same make as fightercat. just a lot cheaper to buy!
    Here is the link. http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html

I found these esc's on line I think they are the same make as fightercat. just a lot cheaper to buy!
    You've linnked this to at least 3 different threads here that I know of.
    Keep in mind that you are on a site that sells ESCs...spamming their forums with competitors products is at the least disrespectful.

i hope noone delete this threat, looks like very nice esc´s :)

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    You've linnked this to at least 3 different threads here that I know of.
    Keep in mind that you are on a site that sells ESCs...spamming their forums with competitors products is at the least disrespectful.
    yeah thats not ok, but there are not much factorys that offers such esc´s for that price, ose is one of the best in the usa, i dont think that will be a problem for them :-)

Hello,

I have twin motor Apparition Cat 800mm, use two 2560kv motors on 5S lipo, X447 Octura R/L props, Turnigy 180amp ESC.
    You can connect both ESC to the RX with a Y connector, no need to disonnect BEC from the ESC if you do not use separate BEC.
    Be sure the stock motors will support 5S lipos, I also read to use 3S max 4S with that motor. Just be aware to start with small props before going to bigger props or you can burn the whole set. With my set up I run max 3 minutes at max 115kms/h but my 5S lipos are low quality 4500mah and 30C.
    With my next set 5000mah and 50C will do much better speed and time, 120kms/h.
    You can see my Cat and Outrigger videos on OSE.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast