Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Revolt 30 - "Bold Skull"

Default My Revolt 30 - "Bold Skull"

Hi,

Here are some pictures of my current Revolt 30 setup. Here is what I've done to it:

1- Added the bullet nut on the prop (used enough blue loctite). Stock prop for now, planning on upgrading to an oct-x642 and Grimracer L45x68 lifter later on.
    2- Upgraded to the Kintecracing propeller shaft and stuffing tube
    3- Elongated water inlet
    4- Installed M6 aluminum water outlet
    5- Installed mock up exhaust pipes and red tribal skull decal on hatch
    6- Moved turn fins up halfway and increased angle to the back
    7- Gave 2 degrees negative to the trim tabs
    8- Used 4s 5800Mah 14.8v single battery setup located all the way to the back of the battery tray.

Next upgrade will be installing a thrust bearing and new props.

Running great up to date, chine walk reduced to a minimum. I am very happy with my Revolt!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gyrotron; 08-12-2012 at 02:12 AM.

Add a drop of loctite to that shiny bullet nut, or it and the prop will go missing....................... Nice boat
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Yes, I did add blue loctite to the prop bullet (hopefully enough). I'll keep checking the bullet nut before every run too. Thanks.

Looks great!

Thanks Tom.

You're welcome. I was looking at the water outlets on OSE and noticed they have one for 1/4" tubing and one for 7/32". It looks like the stock tubing is 7/32?
    Last edited by Tom899; 08-10-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Nice boat man have a ball with it so glad you are running!!!!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Tom899 View Post
    You're welcome. I was looking at the water outlets on OSE and noticed they have one for 1/4" tubing and one for 7/32". It looks like the stock tubing is 7/32?
    Tom,

I used the one for 1/4" tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Caruso View Post
    Nice boat man have a ball with it so glad you are running!!!!
    Mike
    Thanks Mike,

The boat is running great and it even performed it's first rescue today. My brother brought his Impluse 31 and after a couple of runs the prop shaft got loose from the collet and I had to rescue the boat. I learned the best way to rescue a boat, that has not sunk, is to make runs in circles behind the other boat's transom; making series of wakes that will push the boat ashore (fishing rod technique was taking too long plus I got to spin my boat meanwhile).

Mission accomplished!
    Last edited by gyrotron; 08-12-2012 at 11:35 PM.

Why would you consider using a lifter prop on a mono? I don't get it

I just want to try it; Grimracer recommends it. But I am going to go with the x642 first. Tell us about your thoughts of not using a lifter prop on a mono.

It's counterproductive to how a mono is designed to ride. Certainly a x642 has some decent amount of lift also.
    I'm still learning and can be wrong here, but lifting the transom just seems weird. I'm sure someone who knows more can either verify or not if this is a correct assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by gyrotron View Post
    I just want to try it; Grimracer recommends it. But I am going to go with the x642 first. Tell us about your thoughts of not using a lifter prop on a mono.
    I'll save you some money, just get the x642, it's the only prop you need on the revolt 30. I have several including the grim L4568, while it's a good prop and maybe a touch faster than the x642 on most water it is no where near as 'planted'. Even after tweaking that prop likes to chime walk, where the x642 is much much more behaved. I'm no pro but that x642 prop after you clean it up (sharpen if not sharpen and balance) just rocks.. super fast compared to stock and I will add it seems to be faster with less demand than the 4568 (amp draw) to accomplish nearly the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    I'll save you some money, just get the x642, it's the only prop you need on the revolt 30. I have several including the grim L4568, while it's a good prop and maybe a touch faster than the x642 on most water it is no where near as 'planted'. Even after tweaking that prop likes to chime walk, where the x642 is much much more behaved. I'm no pro but that x642 prop after you clean it up (sharpen if not sharpen and balance) just rocks.. super fast compared to stock and I will add it seems to be faster with less demand than the 4568 (amp draw) to accomplish nearly the same thing.
    Hi Stumblinh,

Yes, I picked the x642 because of it's speed/efficiency-temp ratio according to tests others have previously performed. I may end up like you said; saving some money and not getting the 4568 at the end.

Thanks

I need you at my pond with that rescue boat. My friend built one out of a foot long canoe he cut the back off HA.

I need you at my pond with that rescue boat. My friend built one out of a foot long canoe he cut the back off HA.
    It is not so much the rescue boat as it is the technique behind it... Mike, where do you boat?
    Last edited by gyrotron; 08-13-2012 at 09:11 PM.

I just ordered the x642 today from Hazegry. Meanwhile I gave some positive (up 2mm from stock setting) to the prop strut looking to rise the bow a little and try to gain some more speed. Trim tabs at 0 degrees now. I had the chine walk dialed down to a minimum when I started this thread, lets see how it behaves with the new strut setting. I will run the boat tomorrow and report back. After tomorrows's run it will be time to re-lube the prop shaft so I will be installing the thrust bearing then.
    Last edited by gyrotron; 08-13-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Cricket Creek Forest Preserve just outside of Chicago you have to get a license and be a member of IMPBA or NAMBA. I belong to the Badgers Club in WI also great bunch of people.

Cricket Creek Forest Preserve just outside of Chicago you have to get a license and be a member of IMPBA or NAMBA. I belong to the Badgers Club in WI also great bunch of people.
    For some reason I thought you were in the FL area I did not pay attention to your location tag. I am not affiliated to any club yet, I just boat on a pond close by my house.

That would be nice I have to drive min 20 miles to run or to WI 65 miles.

That would be nice I have to drive min 20 miles to run or to WI 65 miles.
    Wow 65 miles that is a trip. I like to drive but I am lucky I have this pond a couple of blocks away; you can walk around it w/o obstacles and it even has parking accross the street. I'll take a picture and post it after today's run.

Came back from today's run. Here are some pics of the pond near my house where I go boating.
    Last edited by gyrotron; 08-14-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Hi, Gyrotron, Beware,even if you use loctite on the Bullet nut the heat from the flex shaft in the strut bushing will let the bullet nut loose and it will come off sooner or later. Do yourself
    a favor. Install the normal lock nut then the bullet nut in back of it. Regards
    Norman2
    34" Ekos Cat UL-1 Powered

Quote Originally Posted by Norman2 View Post
    Hi, Gyrotron, Beware,even if you use loctite on the Bullet nut the heat from the flex shaft in the strut bushing will let the bullet nut loose and it will come off sooner or later. Do yourself
    a favor. Install the normal lock nut then the bullet nut in back of it. Regards
    Norman2
    Yes, I have been reading not so good experiences with a bullet nut lately. I will go ahead and install a jam nut after the prop and then the bullet nut with loctite. Thanks for the advise .

Quote Originally Posted by gyrotron View Post
    Meanwhile I gave some positive (up 2mm from stock setting) to the prop strut looking to rise the bow a little and try to gain some more speed. Trim tabs at 0 degrees now. I had the chine walk dialed down to a minimum when I started this thread, lets see how it behaves with the new strut setting...
    The new strut setting (+2 mm) acted negatively on the Brass Tube and Bushing. After the 5th round I started to hear a diferent motor noise and decided to stop the boat to give it a look inside. Great idea at the exact time; the brass tube was loose and bent at the section where it curbs up it had moved forward towards the collet, the teflon liner kind of started to melt, the epoxy holding the tube against the transom started to crack... it was a really bad accident starting to happen . I need some help here folks since I have never replaced a brass tube and or applied epoxy before, let me know what I need to do and how do I remove and clean up de existing epoxy to make the fix.

Do you guys think the Revolt needs an adjustable stuffing tube bracket? it is a fully adjustable bracket for 1/4 brass tube. It has adjustable height, angle and if installed with spacer washers can be adjusted side ways also. I found this piece at Kintec racing and it is used for the Motley Crew.

hhttp://kintecracing.com/Motley_Crew.html
    Last edited by gyrotron; 08-20-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Boat is temporarily out of the water for repairs... will probably have it ready for next weekend.

Where in fl are you? Im in pinellas county.

Quote Originally Posted by dshuld View Post
    Where in fl are you? Im in pinellas county.
    Hillsborough County. Where do you boat?

No where yet. Still working on my sv restoration. Taking my time on it as its my first gut and redo. The revolt is still waiting on the backer and for me to go over evrything with loctite. After reading on here for a long time finally decided to try boats. Have friend thats been trying to get me to run them at maximo park in St. Pete but its salt water.

Quote Originally Posted by dshuld View Post
    No where yet. Still working on my sv restoration. Taking my time on it as its my first gut and redo. The revolt is still waiting on the backer and for me to go over evrything with loctite. After reading on here for a long time finally decided to try boats. Have friend thats been trying to get me to run them at maximo park in St. Pete but its salt water.
    I had never heard of Maximo Park before, I just saw some pics online and it looks an interesting place for boating in salt water. Personally, I am not ready yet to run my Revolt on salt water but let us know if you do.

I do t really want to either. Theres a small pond a few blocks from my apartment in gulfport on 58th st. But i havent seen anyone put a boat in so im not sure if anyone would say anything to me or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast