Thread: Rules change

Default Rules change

OK guys there is a rule change for the F'S forum. From now on all offers must PE presented within the thread not in pms. This will keep everything out. In Te open and there will be no question as to whomade the first offers.
    Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk 2
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Please correct the spelling so the rule change is clear. This is too important to be so poorly written.
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    OK guys there is a rule change for the F'S forum. From now on all offers must be presented within the thread not in pms. This will keep everything out in the open and there will be no question as to who made the first offers.
    I think I got it right for him.....................
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Here is the rule change
    6. ALL offers and deals must be done on the forum and NOT in private messages! rule changed to "Must" on 8/10/2012.
    Billy Graham

Oh...................and great Idea, I hate the "sending pm"..........what the heck kind of question would one have that cant be asked on the thread. I'm bettin its usually some lame lowball and they dont want to be embarrassed when the seller tells 'em to get lost.................
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Cool

This is a great rule change, back to what we had months ago. It should help to keep things on the up-and-up and clear for all involved. Thanks for doing this!

Darn Tapatalk 2!

I love it!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

While amending the rules for the for sale forum could you consider adding a rule to leave the price of the item in the first post even when it had sold? Its nice for people to get an idea of a value of an item before they list it here. Just a thought to help others and myself have an idea of what price to list an item for.

I'm glad for the rule change I've lost a couple thing through pm

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    This is a great rule change, back to what we had months ago. It should help to keep things on the up-and-up and clear for all involved. Thanks for doing this!

Darn Tapatalk 2!

I always post in the open even if I want to be confidential sometimes, it is a respect for all fellow members here @OSE. Thanks for the rule change!

But what happens if a deal is done through pm? Do We tell the seller to refund the money and sell it to the first person in the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by the5 View Post
    But what happens if a deal is done through pm? Do We tell the seller to refund the money and sell it to the first person in the thread?
    Here is the rule change
    6. ALL offers and deals must be done on the forum and NOT in private messages! rule changed to "MUST" on 8/10/2012.
    Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Try it and find out
    Billy Graham

Quick question with the new rule. It only applies to offers correct? I just want to ensure that if I get a question regarding something I sell, that I can answer it via pm. Or should I post the question and answer in the thread. Thanks

Other than a phone number or an email address ect I see no reason to be so secretive it is highly likely info that anyone interested in your merchandise would also like to know
    Billy Graham

Other than a phone number or an email address ect I see no reason to be so secretive it is highly likely info that anyone interested in your merchandise would also like to know
    I think I miswrote what I wanted to ask. I meant that if I received a question via pm, not via a post on the thread. My typical action had been to reply to a pm with another pm but I did get the answer I was looking for and will ensure I follow the updated rules. Thank you

I don't like it.... Then again I never do care for "rules"

Bad idea.. for a lot of reasons. first one that comes to mind is. A biding war. Plus if you the seller accept a low offer and the item doesn't get paid for right away and you get two more offers at a higher price. or asking price. What are you supposed to do wait on some one that ''might'' pay you the low ball offer or get your asking price right away lol. this came up a while ago year or two. Imo no need to change. this isn't eBay I or You are not Committed to sell to anyone for any reason.

Just My $.02 Jason Sims

Well, unless you want to come up with a way to enforce the seller to accept first full offer, I don't see that it really matters. Seller will always be free to sell to whoever they want, regardless. And I know if I had something for sale, and the choice was between the first person to respond who lives 1000 miles away, and the third person to respond who says I can be there Saturday to pick it up, I certainly know who I would be selling to. Yes, it is courteous to try and let the first person who says "I'll take it" have an item, but sometimes there are other considerations. In practice, all this rule change is going to do is allow someone to be able to say "I was first"--it's not going to guarantee they get it...

Quote Originally Posted by line6 View Post
    Bad idea.. for a lot of reasons. first one that comes to mind is. A biding war. Plus if you the seller accept a low offer and the item doesn't get paid for right away and you get two more offers at a higher price. or asking price. What are you supposed to do wait on some one that ''might'' pay you the low ball offer or get your asking price right away lol. this came up a while ago year or two. Imo no need to change. this isn't eBay I or You are not Committed to sell to anyone for any reason.

Just My $.02 Jason Sims
    Yup

It just doesn't make sense really. Regardless of who posts first, I sell to who I want.

I think the agreed upon price should not be the issue, If " PM SENT " is the first reply post, and the seller agrees to the offer it should not be an issue.
    Do you let the whole world know how much you paid for your house, boat, car, motorcycle, etc. I don't understand the problem here. It should be the first reply post in the thread that takes precedence, and it is up to the seller if he wants to except the offer. A person might sell a item to a friend at a cheaper price than to a complete stranger. I agree we all have to live with rules. But, dictating how someone wants to make an offer is a poor rule! Yes, I agree some offers are an insult, But the seller has the right to say NO! Sorry, not everybody is rich and can afford asking price for sale items. Maybe they don't want everyone knowing that they can't afford the asking price. If they reply " PM SENT " is on the sale thread, It shows intent or Interest.
    SV27 STOCK, SV27 MODIFIED, H&M VIPER, LAP CAT 27" TUNNEL, TS2, 31 RICO, 22" KEYWEST CAT, RAPTOR AND THERE WILL BE MORE!

I recently lost out on a rigger due to these issues.

I asked some questions. Come back with a few more and called dibs. Providing the extra info was favorable I was going to buy at the advertised price. Next thing you know its sold and all was done via PM evidently. WHo was first in line? Who knows. Only thing I know is I didnt get the boat.

Ya it kind of sucks but Im not going to cry about it. I got plenty of boats anyhow. Guy probably did me a favor. Otherwise I would be asking for help removing a heeled shoe from my rear... lol
    42" Osprey, 32" Pursuit, 26" Bling Rocket (rescue), Blizzard Rigger, JAE 21FE rigger, Hobby King rigger (RIP)

I'm now seeing an issue with this rule....
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Cool

I don't like it.... Then again I never do care for "rules"
    Then perhaps you should refrain from selling on OSE since "rules" are a part of the agreement between OSE and members. RC Universe has a nice Marketplace section with fewer rules....

When I post an item for sale, I state this in the first post of the thread: "All correspondence must be in this thread. PMs will not be answered."

We've already been back and forth on this rule, it has been discussed to death in the past with better arguments than I see here. It is impossible to please everyone. Get over it, it's Steve's forum.

Well, I like to think I've been a good seller so far.
    But if I'm not allowed to accept a pm about a sale it's just silly.
    Thanks for the heads up tho

Quote Originally Posted by Basstronics View Post
    I recently lost out on a rigger due to these issues.

I asked some questions. Come back with a few more and called dibs. Providing the extra info was favorable I was going to buy at the advertised price. Next thing you know its sold and all was done via PM evidently. WHo was first in line? Who knows. Only thing I know is I didnt get the boat.

Ya it kind of sucks but Im not going to cry about it. I got plenty of boats anyhow. Guy probably did me a favor. Otherwise I would be asking for help removing a heeled shoe from my rear... lol

I real your pain. We have all lost out on the great deal. But it was never ours intill its in our hands. This rule just makes it harder for the seller.

Jason

It just means we all have to be more specific and strict about our sales.

Here is the rule change
    6. ALL offers and deals must be done on the forum and NOT in private messages! rule changed to "Must" on 8/10/2012.
    That just about covers it.

Thanks fellas!
    D.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169