Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New HK vortex hydro

Default New HK vortex hydro

Just came across this so apologies if it's already been posted.
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ive%5FRed.html
    Looks ok but a bit on the small side.

Came out about a week or so ago looks to be a Delta farce vortex clone you would have to replace outrunner and rev but they would drop into the shall rigged they sell there great, I would use a 540s or a 380xl motor just my opinion

The boat is 18" long.

That's quite small. I think I might try the Libero shovel nose for something different.

I retract my statement I didn't realize this is probably a clone of the vortex 16 plus the rudder length, sorry my phone spell corrected my last statement I thought this motor esc would go good in one of there 20$ mini rigger

Here is a video of both versions of the HobbyKing Vortex Hydro rc boat running side by side.

I bought OSE's last DF 16 Vortex RTR, I took it on a trip a few weeks ago along with my Pursuit. The video is not very good, I apologize for the quality, but it will give you an idea from the "real world" as one coming from a dealer. I am not sure the stock kv on my boat, I think HK might have a slightly higer kv out runner.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiT_t...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by tlandauer; 08-26-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Looked pretty good,
    And you did not fall in.

Lenny
    Appreciate your vote of confidence!

I like the low kV for this size of hydroplane/ rigger (16''). In Europe and other parts of the world we have the mini-hydro class (<17.7'' hull, floaters included, hardware excluded). I bought myself a CNC-kit with elaborate building instructions from keepthingssimple.eu It seems these mini-riggers are quite good suited for relatively low-kV-motors (3595kV on 2s I consider quite low).

is the hk a clone -- or oem from delta force?

Can't tell, the paint appeares much to be the same, battery mount is a bit different, also the strut and rudder on DF it is gray and matte, HK looks more polished. Motor and motor mount looks quite the same.
    I would guess they are pretty much the same, the out runner motor KV on mine is lower than what HK has stated on theirs.

thank you for that detailed response.

The basis (distance between sponsons and distance of sponsons rear to the prop) still is way too narrow in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jamespl View Post
    That's quite small. I think I might try the Libero shovel nose for something different.
    I have a libero shovelnose and my son absolutely loves it, it runs good on 3s and around 50mph on 4s with the Turnigy 120amp esc. I highly reccomend it but you will need to add another water pickup to get adequate cooling.

[QUOTE=eric_laermans;448896]I like the low kV for this size of hydroplane/ rigger (16''). In Europe and other parts of the world we have the mini-hydro class (<17.7'' hull, floaters included, hardware excluded). I bought myself a CNC-kit with elaborate building instructions from keepthingssimple.eu It seems these mini-riggers are quite good suited for relatively low-kV-motors (3595kV on 2s I consider quite low).[/QUOTE

keepthingssimple.eu does not get me to the site?]

A very nice product.I really like it.This is a nicely designed and would seem a better fit. You truly get what you pay for in this model.This type of boat with subsurface drive HK looks more polished. I would guess they are pretty much the same, the out runner motor KV on others is lower than what HK has stated on theirs. Find out more here

I remember seeing the pictures and musing to myself that the hardware does indeed look more refined. But now I can't find this product on HK web. What the ****?!
    Your link doesn't give me any HOBBY-GRADE boats.

HK stopped selling them just as Steve did on OSE. Wonder why?

HK had it in Aug., Steve stopped selling them the DF 2 years ago. HK had their own version, the hardware looked different. HK usually tells us their stock pile level, this is a mystery as they just "yanked" it out of their web site, I wonder why too.
    I got some spare directly from DF, Samuel was the name of the gentleman who helped me. I have had no luck contacting them after that.

$278, huh. now i have non-buyer's remorse.

Well, I am glad I grabbed the last one Steve had, was a lot less too. But it is good to know that one can get a DF still. I suspect HK might had trouble with DF in terms of "rights" although I can hardly believe such issue matters in China. My pure speculation.

@talandauer, i too guess it might have been an issue with the manufacturer. they did this before with a dragon minicat, which looked a lot like the venom 34 king of shaves cat. a five hundred dollar boat. it was there on hk for cheap, and then it went away. and it has never returned.

@silvermansteve, I didn't know about that, but that is interesting. Also HK had a less expensive version of Venom's Miss Excite Hydro, it was red, quite nice, it too disappeared. I regret not getting that one though. I like their http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_675mm_.html, but I kept spending my money else where, so with my luck by the time I am ready for this boat, it too will be gone.
    Story of my life...

that miss excite was there at the same time as the minicat (it's like the king of shaves, not the minicat racing small boats you've heard about here), and i think it went away att the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by silvermansteve View Post
    that miss excite was there at the same time as the minicat (it's like the king of shaves, not the minicat racing small boats you've heard about here), and i think it went away att the same time.
    I didn't pay attention to that, I see what you are saying about not to confuse with what MinicatRacingUSA has been selling. That Venom KOS Cat got more expensive as they made the V2 which uses Out Runner Motors. I remember when it only cost $300+ at Tower Hobbies.

HK doesn't stock up due to shortage of the flexcable from the factory, I have 2 sets of those hydro, I have upgrade some of the part, these boat handle pretty well even using 4s.
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

Looks Great! Beautiful lake, ( Country, too) ,I love mine and I ordered a spare flex cable directly from DF in Hong Kong. I only ran mine on three cell. Yours really scoot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast