Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IMPBA D12 Fall Race - Queenstown, Maryland Sept 21-23, 2012

Thanks Doug...but looks the same....OH!!## P-Spec to P-Lim...gotcha!!! Keep forgetting that....lol!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Quote Originally Posted by HOTWATER View Post
    Thanks Doug...but looks the same....OH!!## P-Spec to P-Lim...gotcha!!! Keep forgetting that....lol!
    I've got your back my brother!!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

You are the man....MAN!!!!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Ya good thing is he stays confused lol
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Smock View Post
    I edited (fixed) your last two posts Kent. Don't want you to confuse Danny.
    Hi Danny! We miss you in SOWEGA.
    Doug

Mike,
    Did you find a jacket for your P Mono motor?
    D.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

YeAh picked up a new car very easy on gas maybe I'll have to take the trip loved if down there I am easily confused

Doug;

Danny confused??????????? NO WAY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I sure did thanks Doug
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Smock View Post
    Mike,
    Did you find a jacket for your P Mono motor?
    D.

The hardest working family in D12! Danny and Pop always lend a hand no matter where they run. Danny is also an excellant CD. He keeps those heats moving.

You can hitch a ride with me to Atlanta next year Danny. Mike also........Just don't tell anyone you're from D12. ...

You think you're going to have both FE's ready for the race Mike??

The mono should be ready of sure about the hydro

Hey gang, B / P-Lim hydro is fixed on www.rcracingevents.com so get those entries in!!

Edited this post....null...lol!

Hi Doug!
    Last edited by HOTWATER; 08-24-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

i am figureing it out an damn these batteries r not cheap a 20 nitro motor is cheaper i am going to have to pass on the elc stuff

I've got packs I've been racing for three season and they are still strong. What does a gallon of nitro go for??

Start off with a Limited Tunnel or rigger. Or you can conver a Sport 20 if you have one. This way you only need 1 batter instead of two.

For those looking for reasonable accomodations for the race, this may be the ticket.

I understand it's clean and family owned.

http://hillsidemotelonline.com/home

Charles Jones said it was $79 a night.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    I've got packs I've been racing for three season and they are still strong. What does a gallon of nitro go for??

Start off with a Limited Tunnel or rigger. Or you can conver a Sport 20 if you have one. This way you only need 1 batter instead of two.
    I agree....my packs have lasted three seasons as welll....no prob. ...no worries about plugs, piston/sleeves, bearings ( for the most part) and most importantly the cost of nitro!!!

In my opinion, this is a great time to get into FE....
    Last edited by HOTWATER; 08-26-2012 at 12:33 AM.
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

may be ill just hold off till i find a rigger or hydro

hey guys if I can come can I run my FE 1/8 w the nitro??

Quote Originally Posted by madmikepags View Post
    hey guys if I can come can I run my FE 1/8 w the nitro??
    Yes you can. Same with Q-Sport hydro/Sport 40. We do have a speed parity rule though so we don't beat up on the nitro guys too bad. If your boat boat is significantly faster than the faster nitro boats, you have to prop down. It's the compromise we agreed on so the nitro guys would let us race in their classes. We love to have you come down. We had Doug Jr come down for one of our races this past spring.

Bring it and run!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

I'm gonna try and get ahold of Doug Twaits Jr. to see if he wants to attend the race .....
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Thats great with the scale, I'll prop er down!!!! The race flyer says 8 laps? is that because it's a 1/8 mile course?? and offshore is 6laps? please verify if theses are correct? I know it's IMPBA and I'm not familiar with the rules but I need to know what I'm propping for, thanks. I'll call doug in the AM i think he's planning on goin to the worlds vegas i think in oct so he might not be down for it. If the Ohio race is definitely cancelled the 15th and 16th then i will come down to race w/ u guys. I run Mostly FE but I have a .67SG and a New BackLash i would like to "whip" out!!!

The host club wanted all classes to be 8 laps except for Offshore. They are mostly a gas club and it took some convincing, but they now understand 8 Laps is not a good thing for most FE and nitro classes. So only the gas classes will run eight laps. Nitro/FE classes will run 6 lap, 1 mile heats. The only other rule that may be different is our Limited classes (Hydro and Tunnel) require the Aquacraft UL1 speed controller. For the mill, the FE's usually go in at 30-45 second and do one full mill lap. If you decide to come I'll hook you up with the FE rules. It would be nice to meet you. Bring some guys down the turnpike with you! FE, gas or nitro. It's all good!

A few of us were planning on going up for a Namba1 FE race this year but when the schedule came out ,we were surprised to see few FE races during late summer/early fall.

Ok thanks, most of my FE setups are able to do 8-9 laps without issues but I don't like to try it too often!!! I don't race the P-lim hydro or tunnel only the limited offshore class. I raced in canada w/ the IMPBA rules and are kinda familiar w the rules and scoring. I've been asking guys to come racin w/ me to Canada and to Mi and Ohio but the guys just don't want to or can't swing it w/ work and fam stuff. Doug has done a lot of racing this spring and summer Gas Nitro and FE but I don't think he's gonna be up for goin to this race. Since it's closer than Ohio maybe a couple guys might make the trip I'll call around tomorrow.

Our FE schedule is dictated by our ponds availability, we are only able to use it before Memorial day and after Labor day it is a swimming and fishing pond that is open to the public from mem-lab day. we had 3 races in April (that was tough) 1 race at another pond the end of July and now 1 race in OCT and 1 in Nov, we also can't overlap with any Nitro/Gas races that are in our district, (NAMBA rule I believe?) and many of the FE guys race nitro and gas also. The Nit/gas guys let us race w/ them too so we can run P-mono P-hydro open Hydro open cat open mono and scale too so that gives us some other races also. I'm gonna check with the Oh guys tomorrow, if that race is done then i'll sign up for yours, I enjoy goin all over the country and racing new guys!!!!! BTW does Mick Stowe race with you guys??

Sounds like fun looking in to a elc hydro

Thinking sport or rigger I like the zipkit rigger

the JAE rigger works really well w P and P-spec power, lots of guys are running them in our club.

Danny, The P-Limited JAE FE has to be the best bang for the buck for FE racing. We'll always have a few at district races. I love sport hydros but I don't know if we'll ever have a Sport 20/P-Lim Sport Hydro class. We're already running sixteen classes in a race weekend. In the mean time, I run my Insane FE30 with the riggers in B / P-Lim Hydro. I wont be running it this race because I'm setting it up for SAWs.

I put a new web site up for my club which contains all the D12 Nitro/FE combined rules. Everyone should take a look at it at you leisure. Ask away if there are any questions.

www.capitolrcmodelboats.com

Mike, One of the clubs in our district has the same problem with only being able to run outside of the swimming season. I might of been mistaken, but I thought I saw a NAMBA1 FE race on last years schedule that was in August. No biggie. We'll make plans to come up next year.

yes we have one race run by Dave Rychalsky each year in the summer months in NJ at a lake at Thompson Park, last year it was aug, this year it was in july. I think I'm gonna be coming to your race.

Quote Originally Posted by madmikepags View Post
    I think I'm gonna be coming to your race.
    There goes the neighborhood!

You guys have fun!! Wish I could be there.
    D.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast