Thanks for the "Sticky" OSE guru's!!.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

You da' man!!

Hello i am new to this site an think i would like to race at this event its close to me. I am very fond of my boat. i dont want to c mine like the one in the above pic. i hope i dont have to race with him.

hey folks, if you havent checked already, the hotel prices in the area have NOT gone
    down for being out of season.
    better check it out.

OMG , Danny is on an FE Board. Now I've seen everything. LOL

Welcome to the dark side my friend. We're only a little nicer to each other than on Jim's

Seriously, We're glad to have you!! If you every have any FE questions, ask away.

Hope to see you and Pop next month.
    Last edited by Chilli; 08-21-2012 at 01:00 AM.

DANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn u figured me out well. I have had some interest in elc boat like a tunnel an a 36 sprint cat

I looked at your profile and saw your name. You had me for a while though. LOL

A 36 Sprint cat on 6S packs makes a bad a$$ boat. P-Limited Tunnel is one of our budget classes and is a blast. The "Limited" means you can only run certain motors (to keep the high dollar motors out of the picture). Most of us use the Aquacraft UL1 motor. We also have open tunnel in the district so you can run whatever you want. I'll let you take some FE laps if you're at open water on the Friday of the race.

that sounds good i rather not go broke building. fe tunnel looked cool in spec i have a aeromarine hull just need everything else ha ha,. I was talking to mike vandewater an he said batteries arent cheap an was telling me everthing else he bought. it reminds me of going from nitro to gas almost had to buy all new everthing. i do have a traxxas spartin i play with but damn allmost 200 in batteries to go fast.

Hey Danny! Good to see you on the OSE boards...

I will also be at open water..you can check out our P-lim. tunnel setups (UL-1)...

Will be good to see you and Pop...

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

If you bought Traxxas batteries you probably paid too much. We can get you in some reasonably priced packs that perform well in the Limited Classes. John Crouch has a Limited tunnel he bought from Dick Loeb and I think he has only raced once in three years. He signed up for the race but not P-Lim Tunnel. You may want to ask him if he'll sell it to you if you're interested.

Ya as long as the john boat don't hit the john boat this time will be OK lol

Was there a lane infraction at the retrieval boat dock??

Ya its called look out Ethel lol

no the john boat was in its lane i was trying to pass it on the inside an got cut off. no i have not bought any batteries yet for my traxxas i saw the price an never bought them. cant say i talk to john much either saw him at the gas clash but was busy an didnt have much time. but thats not a bad idea could i run the spartin in pspec class?

More fun I'll run right with ya buddy

Danny, We don't have a P-Spec Mono class. We do have a P-Mono class. Our Spec classes (where we specify the motor) are for Hydro's and Tunnels only . Our P-Monos can run what ever motor and speed controller you want. The ony requirement is that the hull is a legal mono (no steps), is less than 34 inches (which it is) and it falls withing the "P" voltage parameter. 14.8 volts nominal or 4S power. That can mean a single 4s pack, two 2S packs in series or two 4S packs in parallel.

So to make a long story short. Yes you can run the Spartan in the combined B/P-Mono class. Just make sure your boat can handle a mill lap and 6 or 7 racing laps without overheating. If you can run one lap at half speed and 2 1/2 minutes wide open with your temperatures under 135 degrees (Batteries, ESC and motor), you're in pretty good shape. A word of warning. The Spartan is not the most durable hull. If you get it tangled up with someone or stuff it hard, your boat is going to look like the Vectors little sister. Now Pops D Mono Titan 33 would make a dandy P-mono hull.

i have a elc titan 20 AN 40 i had remy put stringer in but i can take them out. IF I HAD THE CASH I WOULD GET LEAGL BATTERIES FOR THE SPARTIN were would i go to get the batteries an whats a good price an what size am i looking for. that is true about the spartin not being strong an u elc guys drive agressive

What kind of batteries do you have now?? Are they Nimh?? As long as the Voltage matches up with the P Class they are fine.

We had a Spartan in the club break without hitting anything last year. Just took a nasty stuff.

Bring the Titans next month so I can take a look at them. You can mount the battery way back and put two batteries in front between the stringers. Also you can get motor mounts for various motors and rail widths.

http://www.southriverrcboats.com/sho...Jo&shop_param=

just the stock 7 cell but its slow great play boat. thats what i did the batteries r in the rear an runs great about 30 mph just like the box says. but any more with the price of things i dont think ill be doing much racing so not sure if i realy need to go out an get the good stuff. may be used

Watch the used stuff Danny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially batteries and speed controllers.

Two 7 cell NiMh packs in series does put you in the P power classification. Get a pair of 2S-40c 5000mah packs and she'll rock. You just have to make sure you program the ESC for lipo's. All that does is set the low voltage cutoff because if you discharge lipos too low they go.... Obviously you'll have to get the proper connectors for the pack and a Lipo charger that balances the packs (keeps the cells at the same voltage).

2s 40c 5000 not the 4s like carl linked me a site for 11.4 or7.4

RCLipos.com ...you can get 10% off every order and shipping is always free...

Pat is a good guy and will take good care of you....

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

i am more confused now in p spec it has to be a 2s an any c rating an any mah

s the is the amout of cell right ?
    c is the bost rating right?
    mah i know but how high can u go ? if some one has a couple hours to explain can they call me i am thick headed thank u

A 2S pack is basically a 2 cell pack wired in series

A 4S pack is 4 cells wired in series...

For P-Limited you will need either ONE 4S pack OR TWO 2S packs wired to each other in series (black wire to red and the other red and black wires to the esc wire - matching colors)

You will be in good shape running 5000 mah packs with a C rating of at least 25 ( I use 35C packs of 5000 mah - I think Chilli runs up to 65C packs...)

Just remember that when lipos are wired in series the mah stays the same but the voltage doubles...

It's the opposite when lipos are wired in parallel - mah doubles and voltage stays the same....

Hope that helps a bit....

-Kent
    Last edited by Doug Smock; 08-23-2012 at 06:54 PM.
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Two 4S packs in parallel (4S2P) is the preferred set up for P-Mono. It's easier on the packs, provides a smoother voltage to the speed controller, longer run times and the extra weight will keep the boat on the water in race chop. The question is, can you fit two 4s packs in your hull and will it screw up the CG. You can ask other Spartan owners on this board and they can tell you better than I what you can run. One of Ray, Ray's nephews ran a Spartan that ran well at our district race. Maybe you can give him a call and ask what packs and prop he used.

S = cell count. 3.7V per cell. 4S is 14.8 volts.

C X mah capacity gives you the packs amerage output. 40C x 5.000mah = 200 amps.

You're getting a crash course in FE so dont worry if it's making your head spin. Just some new terminology to learn.

Crash course is right...

Yes...in full P-mono ( different class than P-Limited), you will be in good shape if you can fit 2 - 4S packs (wired in parallel)...you will also need a good esc to handle things.....another crash course...doh!

You are allowed up to 10,000 mah TOTAL in P-mono....so....you can use TWO 4S packs wired in parallel of an mah of 5000 (10,000 total when wired in Parallel)

It may all sound confusing now but stay with us...you will get it...
    Last edited by Doug Smock; 08-23-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: LOL
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

I edited (fixed) your last two posts Kent. Don't want you to confuse Danny.
    Hi Danny! We miss you in SOWEGA.
    Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast