Thread: Nereid Tug boat anybody?

Default Nereid Tug boat anybody?

Hi all

HOR sells a nice scale Tug boat called Nereid

http://www.horracing.com/index.php?cPath=41_106

Its not very big but looks very nice.....

Has anybody own one of these? thoughts?

Thanks

JC

It looks nice. I have to say I wouldn't consider it a tug though.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    It looks nice. I have to say I wouldn't consider it a tug though.
    Danny, technically it's a "cruising tug". There's a few yards that make them; several in the PNW. Here's one that I wanted to buy to liveaboard until I realized the price
    Settled on a 40 foot 1939 oldie and lived aboard for 15 years; got started in FE while aboard.

The 37 foot Lord Nelson Victory Tug is one of the most beautiful boats ever made (Dumas has a kit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_sNbKEWYMI
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Those LNVT's are beautiful. There was one on the Merrimac river up this way and was a beauty. The Nereid looks more Trawler than Tug IMO. Neat boat though!

My son is 3 years old and likes cars very much.

I thought a slow scale boat would be a good start for him to the wonderful world of RC boats. FE would be a bit too much for him to handle yet..... or for me with the stress that he might crash the boat while learning : )

I suppose the Nereid is based on some real boat...... Let me try google....

Nothing on google that looks like the Nereid.....

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Danny, technically it's a "cruising tug". There's a few yards that make them; several in the PNW. Here's one that I wanted to buy to liveaboard until I realized the price
    Settled on a 40 foot 1939 oldie and lived aboard for 15 years; got started in FE while aboard.

The 37 foot Lord Nelson Victory Tug is one of the most beautiful boats ever made (Dumas has a kit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_sNbKEWYMI
    Tony,
    I'm familiar with cruising tugs, or in this case a Nordic tug. Probably a 26 or so. The thing I find is that the model has no bulwark. The deck and the sides of the hull meet with no lip. Most real nordic tugs have bulwark. (Where the deck is countersunk into the hull a bit.)

I like how the LNVT's pilot house is rounded. Not like this one.

nt26.jpg
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .