Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dual Rudders on Pro Boat Mystic

Nice vid looks like it works well. Great Idea mounting the tie rod to the fittings/hose. I went a different route, probably more complicated than it needed to be but Im really happy with the results.
    I had a 4-40 hole drilled and tapped in the top of the rudders 13mm from the rear (tx basstronics, superior work). Had to trim the sides of the ball link a little. I also drilled the water passage out to accept 5/32 tube. Steering seems to work well, smooth and no slop. Cant wait to test, will post results.
    018.jpg021.jpg025.jpg027.jpg
    Last edited by 120man; 09-10-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    I finally got Mystified. lol. just a quick clip of how the boat ran with the new ESC and the dual rudders. Sorry for the short video, but I was holding my cellphone (Camera) in my right hand, and the transmitter in my left hand.
    Theres a decent shot @ 1:14 that shows how the tie rod is positioned on the rudders.
    http://youtu.be/byOIuE8YORQ
    How did you get it to go in reverse?

I bought the Hobby Wing Programming card for the ESC, and instead of just having forward, I opted for forward and reverse. Reverse makes it nice when I run thru a patch of floating seaweed, just back it off like a real boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    I bought the Hobby Wing Programming card for the ESC, and instead of just having forward, I opted for forward and reverse. Reverse makes it nice when I run thru a patch of floating seaweed, just back it off like a real boat.
    Garrett. I always wondered how to do that but never asked. Thx.

no problem dude, I guess there's a way to program each indiviual esc, by using the transmitter, although I just dont have the patience to do it that way. lol. so I spent the $10.00 and went with the programming card. it made it really quick and easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12