Thread: Minimono As A Retrieval Boat??

Default Minimono As A Retrieval Boat??

I have a Traxxas Spartan and have been looking for another boat to use as a retrieval boat when my Spartan dies on the lake. Those of you that have one of the minimonos, do you think it would work pulling in a Spartan? Would be putting a small foam float with something to hook the rear of the spartan and drag it back in. Just wondering if the minimono will have enough power to do so. I like it cause it's small and won't take up a lot of real estate in my car along with the spartan.

I have a mm. I would think that you would either stress out the esc and burn it up or stress out the drive shaft from the ever-so sensitive coupler. Maybe drag out a foam and line from shore, hook the rear, then reel back both boats. Something I've thought about but have not tried yet.

The Minimono operates best at full speed. Like 3b said, I think you would be over working the esc, drive wire and coupling.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Thanks guys. Kind of what I figured, just wanted to hear from some mm owners. I ended up ordering a tug boat online. Looks like it will work right out of the box for a retrieval boat but may put in better electronics. Thanks for your info!

What tug did you get?
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Quote Originally Posted by Rocstar22 View Post
    What tug did you get?
    I picked up one of those seaport work boat tugs. Looked around and there's quite a few people modding them. Should be here Friday and maybe I will test it out this weekend if I have some time.

Let us know how it works out.

Played with it a little today, put my Spartan in the pool and sent the tug to push it back. It worked well. 2 things, the tug could use some weight in the hull to balance a little better but still worked, and just need to make something to give a little more surface space to push the boat back. I was surprised how well it worked still.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayman11 View Post
    Played with it a little today, put my Spartan in the pool and sent the tug to push it back. It worked well. 2 things, the tug could use some weight in the hull to balance a little better but still worked, and just need to make something to give a little more surface space to push the boat back. I was surprised how well it worked still.
    Hi Jayman,
    Post some pics to see that tug doing it's thing...
    Thx