Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New boat!!!

Twissted I am going to call you out.....you have used pics from other members boats.....on this site we try to help people and you are changing specs all the time....please desist.

Douggie

Twisted - I think you are just that!!!! Maybe cross wired on 2 different drugs? Get your meds right man. If you look back over this post from start to finish. And just read your post, then make a mental note of the time you wrote that post. You will post a question, then 2 minutes later be trying to sell something.

LOL this is funny, please leave my boat out of this thread, it has nothing to do with this build/whatever. Twisted my advise to you, build a boat that works, ask the questions you need. If you then have a final product, then you can sell it. If you want to sell/build anything, be smart and listen to people here. Many have years of experience, and offer good advice. Don't give people false ideas, and don't moch their projects.
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

House Cleaning
    Last edited by twissted; 09-06-2012 at 12:18 PM.

House Cleaning

Well you are learning, but as you have stated you are a newbie...welcome to FE boating.....you should have bought a bare hull and not fool arround with an almost RTR that you have not received as of this date....all your updates have no meaning as you have not driven the boat!!!!

Douggie

House Cleaning
    Attached Images Attached Images

2x Feigao 580XL in a 42" boat? Good luck with fitting in these!

regards,
    Manuel

lol
    X... is that you??

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    lol
    X... is that you??
    Or gfreak???

House Cleaning
    Last edited by twissted; 09-06-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    lol
    X... is that you??
    To become the "Total Package", you must have the following:

~ An unexplainable affinity to inferior and outdated electronics and motors
    ~ The inability to participate on forums without annoying others
    ~ Dumb ideas/opinions not backed by real experience
    ~ Manic behavior cycles
    ~ A strong desire to identify yourself through someone else's work, of which you have nothing to do with

Those interested, apply by sending nasty PMs to Rumdog and myself (not really).

Those 580XL motors are basically the same size as Castle 1717's................same diameter and 6mm longer. As mentioned, you may have trouble fitting them in width-wise. I'd suggest a pair of Leopard 3674's on 6s1p each..........the 1400kv. Keith has made similar size boats go extremely fast with smaller motors than these FYI.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...o-3674&cat=148
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    To become the "Total Package", you must have the following:

~ An unexplainable affinity to inferior and outdated electronics and motors
    ~ The inability to participate on forums without annoying others
    ~ Dumb ideas/opinions not backed by real experience
    ~ Manic behavior cycles
    ~ A strong desire to identify yourself through someone else's work, of which you have nothing to do with

Those interested, apply by sending nasty PMs to Rumdog and myself (not really).

"There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Quote Originally Posted by Rocstar22 View Post
    There was a guy here named "total package" (originally "x-factor") that was banned, came back under a different name only to be re-banned. That's who Rum was referencing.

There was a guy here named "total package" (originally "x-factor") that was banned, came back under a different name only to be re-banned. That's who Rum was referencing.
    Thank you, I was dying, I know I am still a newbie, but this was totally beyond my capability to grasp! phew, now i can go to have dinner...

That's too funny, I didn't know Total Package, I just thought you were referring to the OP with your list of how to be the "Total Package"
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Those 580XL motors are basically the same size as Castle 1717's................same diameter and 6mm longer. As mentioned, you may have trouble fitting them in width-wise. I'd suggest a pair of Leopard 3674's on 6s1p each..........the 1400kv. Keith has made similar size boats go extremely fast with smaller motors than these FYI.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...74&cat=148
    For what it is worth, I totally agree with the above suggestion! 1400kv's on 6S would be a sweet combo for this boat...

Check out what this member did...................... Twin 4092's in a 40" Cat for huge speed..........................hmmmm

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...40-156kmph-GPS
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by twissted View Post
    Keith it looks like I would need to make some mods and some polishing to get the quality your talking about.
    I believe these are copies as well. Attachment 81952
    If you have tips on installing these I'd really appreciate it. I'm just starting mine. Had the parts for 6 months.
    Nortavlag Bulc

That was basically a prototype hull...it was the first one to ever be built. It went 70mph on 10s with 80A ESCs but it was really spec'ed out to run on 12s.
    There's a lot more speed capabilty in that hull. That boat was very mild and so stable a child could drive it at that speed!
    If I build another one for myself it will run triple digit mph.
    I'm looking to use my T600's 880kv on 12S... If I ever get the scale drives mounted!!???
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I'm looking to use my T600's 880kv on 12S... If I ever get the scale drives mounted!!???
    Hurry up. When you're done you can come mount the drives on my 73" mystic. Might as well throw the rudder on while you're back there...

Sorry idiot, Twissted you have no boat and have posted pics of other members boats...where the hell are you comming from.

Douggie

Good luck twisted . I have ordered a few parts from HOR and they are nice bits for sure. Tom from expresscraft is a HOR dealer and has a large inventory of HOR parts . We run GAS so no electric parts etc but hardware , the scale rudder, drives etc he's got all that. He's sales the parts for the same ad HOR and he's in Fl USA . Also the rudder your using does work great and a bunch of guys with big cats on jrcbd use them everyday . It isn't as nice as the $300 one from WD-200 but for $50 it's a great part and most are using 1 servo to operate it . Good luck on your build and u look forward to checking it out . As I said I have Rc boats (3)all and all have GAS engines and all 3 are cats. I only run SAW and I think that's the biggest reason I joined here . I'd like to build a CLASSONE Dragcat for a FE but I have no clue what to buy and where to start. I understand anything and everything for gas boats but most guys do as we all have something's that's a 2 stroke lol. My best 2 way adv. pass is 87.6 with a 36" sprintcat with 29.5 butch the boat man engine , quickdraw style hot pipe turning a 3218/2 !! and my other 2 boats are 1 more sprintcat and a new Blazer rigger kit not yet built . Once again good luck with your build and hope the expresscraft info helps you and others that want to try HOR parts now that you know there's plenty of HOR parts in the USA. Here is a pic of my cat . It's going to be custom Hydro dip job that will match the cowl , below is another pic of a custom drag cowl for the same hull I hydro dipped these myself , also the cowl attached to the hull now was hydro dipped by me as well and if you need a part or parts dipped let me know I'll be glad to help . Hydro dipping is very durable and cost much less than paint and as you can see it can be custom as well .

House Cleaning
    Last edited by twissted; 09-06-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

House Cleaning
    Last edited by twissted; 09-06-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

Default pictures

House Cleaning
    Attached Images Attached Images

House Cleaning

Nice prop work. Yes those props really do need a bit of tinkering like you have done to ge the most out of them.

May I please ask for a picture of the drives from below? It would help me alot for installing mine. Thanks for all the pics!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast