Thread: LVC for Revolt 30

Default LVC for Revolt 30

I just received my Revolt 30 RTR and was wondering what the Low Voltage Cutoff is set at? Is it adjustable?
    Thanks,
    Tom

Not adjustable. I think it's set for 3.0 or 3.2

Thanks dana, I'm assuming this cutoff is optimal and safe?

Yes sir

I thought the optimal min was 3.3v but I have red people talking about 3.5v...
    Last edited by gyrotron; 08-06-2012 at 04:35 PM.

I'll have to pay close attention next time - I actually try and avoid hitting the LVC at all - but I think my batteries were at around 3.2 or 3.3 when I got the boat back to shore. I've heard you never want to use the LVC as an indicator of when it's time to bring the boat it, but that's how it SHOULD work. Have the LVC kick in when you've got enough juice to operate the boat long enough and with enough power to get it back to shore (maybe 20 seconds at 1/4 throttle?). If an LVC allows the boat to run long enough to damage your packs, that seems like a problem. The explanation I've gotten is that the LVC is there to prevent catastrophic failure that may lead to a fire, but won't protect your packs from damage - seem that this is something that needs revision. I don't think many of us enjoy "mistakes" (running slightly too long) that cost us $100 - $200 a pop. Timing your runs is fine and good for some, but if you're not racing, there are too many variables to determine the optimum time to pull your boat from the water. I don't want to run too long, but I also don't want to come to shore if I still have a good minute or three left in the packs.

The lvc will cut them off at say 3.0, but that's under load, so you're packs will read slightly higher when tested not under load.
    You're packs will read between 3.6 and 3.7 after a run hitting lvc

When I notice the boat slowing down is it time to come in?

Absolutely, if your packs drop off in a way that you'll notice. Most of the LiPos I've used stay strong right up until the LVC kicks in, so I'd have a tough time beating the LVC to the punch.