Thread: New venom (Atomic) v380 2200kv and 4s configs?

Default New venom (Atomic) v380 2200kv and 4s configs?

This is a direct replacement with a much better Kv rating for 4s operation. Anyone give this a shot? I have two on order but I am hoping for feedback before use. I'd much rather keep with all 4s configs on my boat, and I hear the 2700 stock doesn't hold up for long on 4s.

the 2700 doesn't hold up for long on 3S if you're running anywhere there are temps over 85 degrees If you try this out though I'd be curious to hear how it works out for you!

I was torn between running this v380 2200kv I ordered or go with a leopard 28/60. I'm not sure if the leapord will fit in the stock motor mount, and it wlil need water cooling so tha would also have to be ordered, as well as a new coupler.. But the stock couplers blow anyway so that is a good replacement.

Interesting, are you saying that the motor clamp would be able to clamp the Leopard 28/60? Would like to know.

Has anyone tried the leopard 28/60 motors in the stock KOS mounts??

I must say so far this boat has been a pretty bad experience.. my revolt 30 was my first boat and it's been awesome so I decided to try another and the KOS caught my eye. So far; day one a flex shaft had to be replaced out of the box (didn't drop out) it was just loose winds; day two after getting it all setup and even with thread locker I lost a flex shaft in the middle of the pond. Now it's sitting in the corner waiting for parts At least my revolt runs :) i have some collars coming but they did not arrive yet... for how much this boat cost you would think they could include a decent collar! Anyway... I hope to get this working properly soon, but who knows I'm not holding my breath. I must say with the stock motors even on 4s for the breif time I had it going it didn't hold a candle to my revolts stock speed and handling.

I have the 1st version which was powered by twin 380 in-runners. so far i had no problem with the boat, I agree they should include at least a set of decent collets. The couplers are very dangerous: it either will lose you a cable or strip on you. Having said that, I am prepared to have ALL the problems that are reported here. That was the reason why I was interested to see any idea regarding replacement motors. Since I have the old motor mount , Leopard 26/60 should fit, haven't tried yet.
    My liking for the boat is purely for the scale looks and as such my expectations were set accordingly, hope you will get everything sorted out.

Ya I think the revolt 30 really spoiled me in what to expect out of a ARTR or simlar boat.. I cannot say enough good about it. I did snag the offshore upgraded collet and flex shaft for it, but other than that bone stock the boat is rediculous with a x642 prop installed.

I have a bunch of parts and a few spares on the way for my pos KoS ;P, so I hope to get this thing running correct soon. I must say I wish I went with my second choice the genesis boat.. I would have been way better off and it's a single drive. Never doing this dual drive crap again.

With the 2860 Leopards that boat would be awesome.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    With the 2860 Leopards that boat would be awesome.
    Will those motors fit in the stock mounts? I ordered a set of the 2200kv v380's but I can always return or cancel if not shipped tomorrow. If I start doing new mounts or changing mounts etc I'll just convert it to a single prop setup... I already have an extra 120amp seaking and a extra 2000kv ul1 motor sitting here.

I really dont know if they will fit as I dont have one, check around on threads and google any upgrade builds for it, youtube may have some KOS with big motors. Leave the twin setup, its cool and sounds wicked!!
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

I can't tell you either, but on the clamp type mount, the mount is a ring and tightens onto the non-rotating part ( front part) of the out-runner. It's a different concept compared to the in-runner mount.
    I have a KOS P1 mono and the out-runner is a 500 series one, i wanted an in-runner and my findings were that unless you tear down the clamp mount, there is no way to use that type of mount on an in-runner.---- just my $.02
    I agree with Make-a-Wake that the twin set-up is a good one.
    Last edited by tlandauer; 08-06-2012 at 02:24 AM.

I guess I'll keep the 2000kv motors and hope they hold up to the 4s operation.. I'd rather run my 4s 3300 packs than mess around with buying additional 3s lipo's that are only good for this one boat. I know that 2000kv v380 will drop in, I just wasn't sure it was enough power to keep me happy :)

My Octura flex hex's showed today 1/8" shaft to .130 cable, now I just need my replacement dog drives to show up and I can get back in business.

Sounds like a good plan to me, please keep us posted with the out come, also want to know about the 1/8" to .130 cable . I assume you need both rotation, do they make them that way?
    Thanks.

Sorry the motors are 2200kv's not 2000kv, they are Atomik's so they are drop in (part #1357) .

Also the "flex hex" or couplers are 1/8" shaft on the motor side and .130 cable output (oct-ocfhe1813). *these fit the v380 motors (2200kv and stock)

I will have upgraded flex cables ordered from offshore as well when the reverse rotation versions arrive, they are currently out of stock. You can get the stock .130 with either 4mm or for 1/8 props.

has anyone had any success using the stock clamp style motor mounts for motor upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by RIPTIDE View Post
    has anyone had any success using the stock clamp style motor mounts for motor upgrades?
    Not really that I can remember, I burned a motor because the cooling tubes got tangled with the out-runner! They were out of stock that time ( 2 years ago), anyway, I ordered Fightercat 500 class outrunner, the problem is not the clamp but there is NO real estate on the front of most of the out-runners. Venom 's out runners were made to use the clamps. I had to wait until they sent me stock motors.
    Assuming that you want to up grade to another outrunner.

I got one run on my kos and fried a motor using a 4s so Im looking for replacements without having to change motor mounts if I don't have to

Quote Originally Posted by RIPTIDE View Post
    I got one run on my kos and fried a motor using a 4s so Im looking for replacements without having to change motor mounts if I don't have to
    My bad, I was thinking the P1 mono, I don't have the V2 cat,,
    I know it is a different motor, although using clamp type mount. I don't know if these motors are physically the same size.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    Too many boats, not enough time...

I used to have the leopard 28/60 motors in my Ekos, the clamp mounts work with these motors. And they are much better motors then the venom v380's imo.
    Last edited by Livewire121; 07-15-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire121 View Post
    I used to have the leopard 28/60 motors in my Ekos, the clamp mounts work with these motors. And they are much better motors then the venom v380's imo.
    Awesome that's what I was hoping for! What kind of speeds did you see with your setup using the 2860? I plan to run mine on 4s but will I need to upgrade the stock 60A esc with that motor on 4s lipos? If I don't have to upgrade my collet, drive wire, drive dog, then Id rather keep them stock until those break on me

My Leos were 2180kv and I ran them on 6s, but when I tried her on 4s I was getting a solid 40-45mph.
    That was with a set of Octura 442's.