Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's interested in a fibreglas spartan hull?

Got put on the back burner, just haven't had time to complete it yet. It is still ongoing though.

Default William Corley,wicorley@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Redddogg View Post
    Just gauging some interest here. I am in the process of making myself a fibreglas reproduction of my spartan, how many people would be interested in this if I was to make them for others.
    Yes I would be interested,the plastic hulls are too flimsy other than that a great running boat right out of the box.

E mail me with info.wicorley@gmail.com

IMO; As long as there are differences you should not have a problem. I would change the hull design a little just to make sure. I would say "similar to spartan" and not attempt to mass market it. Don

Quote Originally Posted by Redddogg View Post
    I'm also not trying to put anything off as my own. All I want is a more solid and durable hull for what is a sleek and fast boat. I will change whatever I need to to prevent any copyright infringement but I'm not interested in claiming any right to the design.
    Hey penn me in for one.
    I spoke to the traxxas design team before the spartan was produced about utilizing FG as an alternative to the cheap ABS plastic but I was told that they were not interested, I raised my concern because I had 2 villains burnt on the inside hull from from the battery cables. I then posted the replies on the traxxas forum and it just disappeared. I have always loved the hull shape but not the material so I will be one looking forward to getting one in FG.
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

Any news on this?? I assume not. Also there was someone here who produced some custome cut plexi rails that would accept the spartan radio tray, which is awesome. Anyone know who that was?

theres a guy on youtube with a fg spartan .ask him about one .

https://youtu.be/SPCiadi3l84

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12