Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Looking for Offshore Warrior or similar

Same thing happened to mine with regard to the hatch and front pin "bolt" I loosened the nut and made the bolt stick into the hole farther.

I've reversed my bolt so that the bolt head is inserted into the hull. I also put the sealing foam on my lexan canopy instead of the hull itself. I'll take pictures later.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
    I've reversed my bolt so that the bolt head is inserted into the hull. I also put the sealing foam on my lexan canopy instead of the hull itself. I'll take pictures later.
    Thats how mine came.... with the bolt head in the hull.

I may reverse mine also but I think it's pretty easy to tape this hull so I might just tape it also.

The original Warrior was a better design where the bolt goes through the hull & the bolt head went into the hatch. Theirs still a problem with this though as the hole in the hatch is almost breaking through the edge of the hatch, i mod the hole in the hatch with an alloy plate bonded inside the hatch so the hole also goes through the alloy plate as well. My boat has dived barrel rolled etc at around 50mph hundreds of time & ive never had the hatch come off, i use a modded inside lexan cover which is 100% waterfroof + the hatch is sealed with tape also 100% sealed. In my opinion foam etc is a waste of time ,you will never get 100% seal & would never use it.

I think I've found the problems to my overheating. Stock coupler's hole is too large causing wobble\vibration. I've received a lighter aluminum Joysway coupler and will bore it out to fit the larger motor shaft diameter. It's half the weight as well.

Here's my lexan cowling cover with foam gasket. I still need to seal the seams and epoxy in the bolt as the hole has already cracked:

Warrior vs SuperMonoX:

What makes the Super Mono X much easier to self right over the Warrior is that the beam is much narrower.

Makes sense. I noticed when my boat was upside down that the prop was still in contact with water and boat responsed to throttle. Speed was very slow but enough to get back to shore if I had rudder control also. Was considering making a Frankenstein mod by extending the rudder upwards with maybe a small piece of lexan to get some rudder control upside down. Also like Martin's hatch pin reinforce mod.

These boots are looking interesting...i personally don't have it's experience but i searched and read that the experiences and opinions of racers that have been running that particular rc boot found it hard to handle it in the beginning then there is a great chance of it but when you have some experience then it always a fun....so be careful while driving it in the beginning.

Where is the admin to ban this advertising guy?

Quote Originally Posted by paultbg View Post
    Where is the admin to ban this advertising guy?
    I would not worry too much. Did you even look at what they are selling? They are plastic "toys" no one who knows anything will buy these. They are dime a dozen all over the internet and not even race quality or Lipo or brushless capable.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345