Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for Offshore Warrior or similar

DSCF0444.jpgThis is the stuffing tube removed from a Offshore Warrior showing the curve.

Thanks Martin, I wasn't doubting you but since the Mk2 has a new hull design I wasn't sure if they kept everything else the same. Actually can you tell from Ebay link of the bottom of the hull if it looks much different from yours?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Brushless...06%26rk%3D1%26

I'm assuming you had the first revision or did you have the 2nd one?

Thanks.

I believe the hull bottoms are the same, ive looked at the mk2 boats & they appear identical on the bottom. The big diff is in the deck & hatch, the deck slopes up much higher putting the modified hatch higher still. Also the rear of the hatch now sits in the recease rather than going to the back of the hull, they have also made access appature longer at the front making getting the battery easier to get in & do the velcro straps easier. I believe the higher deck & higher hatch is to make self righting better.

OK, makes sense. I see EmpireRC now has all their Joysway line showing everything in stock (too bad they don't carry the Offshore Warrior). This is a good sign as they've been out of stock for months. I wonder if Steve will carry any Joysway.

http://www.empirerc.com/rc-boats-c-226.html

If anyone knows of a US retailer that has the OSW, please post. Thanks.

I just noticed that your box is labelled 9301B, it really should be 9304. I'm wondering if other vendors really are selling the Mk2 under the old SKU#

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
    I just noticed that your box is labelled 9301B, it really should be 9304. I'm wondering if other vendors really are selling the Mk2 under the old SKU#
    Interesting....

Wish me luck, hopefully I'll get the Mk2:

http://www.ordersmax.com/p-140755989...-per-hour.html

Picture shows it's a Mk2.

Heres a link to Leadershobby picture shows first generation.
    https://www.leaderhobby.com/list.asp...&brand=JOYSWAY

Any idea how much they charge for shipping to you.

I took the plunge on one from ordersmax also. Shipping was $12.76 fedex to NY. We shall see. BTW Joysway does list the model number as 9301 for the warrior. Possibly the "B" represents the updated version.

Quote Originally Posted by rabosi View Post
    I took the plunge on one from ordersmax also. Shipping was $12.76 fedex to NY. We shall see. BTW Joysway does list the model number as 9301 for the warrior. Possibly the "B" represents the updated version.
    Wow... that's really reasonable shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by rabosi View Post
    I see on the website that they are offering 50% off shipping. Was there a code you had to enter?

No code. I didn't see the 50% but maybe it was included.

Mine was also $12 shipping. 9304 is definately the Mk2 code and 9301 is the original SKU. Banggood has the pictures for the old version so I really hope that since it's supposedly coming directly from Joysway, it will be the Mk2 version.

On their site at the top left it says 50% off shipping for new customers, re the B on the code this represents the colour ie B is black R is red Y is yellow. Also did anyone have to pay customs getting it from Ordermax. It may be the case that they allready have boxes with the old code on that they are using up but have the mk2 boats in them.

My PayPal was only charged 169.xx shipped. Rabosi, you know this comes without radio or batteries right?

I hope Joysway's new US distributor isn't a place like HobbyTown. Bill, can you clue us into who the major distributor is going to be? EmpireRC?

My PayPal was only charged 169.xx shipped. Rabosi, you know this comes without radio or batteries right?
    Are you sure it comes without radio as in the discription it states 2.4g 3 channel. What did you put in the box that says blue, transparent etc on the order form as you have to tick one to preceed with the order.

I chose black, I bet transparent is their interpretation of 'random' I'm going by the price and the comparison to the ebay one from Canada which doesn't come with radio.

If you look at the products that come with a radio, there is a seperate picture of the TX itself. Als consider the Super Mono X is the same price as the Warrior (well actually a little more)..........Warrior should be much more expensive if it came with a radio.

................................... 9304 is definately the Mk2 code and 9301 is the original SKU. Banggood has the pictures for the old version so I really hope that since it's supposedly coming directly from Joysway, it will be the Mk2 version.
    I was just going by Joysway's website. They have the updated boat picture with 9301 model #. http://www.joysway-hobby.com/Product_show.asp?proid=472

Wasn't sure but I have many radio options. My two Super Mono X met a sad end in the Keys so I have one rx/tx set from those that I can use also. Either way I think it's a good deal. I see the interior is black. Wonder if it's carbon fiber or just paint?

Sorry to hear that, what happened to them? Anything else salvageable?

Don't want to hijack this thread. I will post on your thread at rcgroups when I get a chance. Kind of a long story too.

NP rabosi.......I just got my tracking# Shows estimated delivery date as Sept 5th................from China?!?! If it actually arrives on Tuesday I'll sh!t bricks.

Can't beat that for the price if it arrives that quickly. I guess mine should be sometime next week too.

I've never gotten anything from China this fast:

Left FedEx origin facility GUANGZHOU CN Aug 29, 2012

Sep 1, 2012 6:24 AM At destination sort facility ORLANDO

Sounds good.

Any reason you went with Fedex over DHL on their choices of shipping, im in the UK so not sure what the best shippng is between the 2.

Wow that was fast.... wish I would have found that site before I bought mine. Mine ended up costing about $30 more... oh well

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast