Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for Offshore Warrior or similar

Default Looking for Offshore Warrior or similar

First off, I want to say hello and that I am new to the forum. Been lurking on and off for a few years and finally joined. It's a great forum, with a lot of great information. I was into RC trucks, then planes, now it's boats again!! I had a Prather tunnel with a K&B outboard that a ran many, many years ago. I am now looking for a FE boat. I am looking for a mini v hull, something like the Offshore Warrior or anything similar, up to about 22" or so. I live in the U.S.A. so it is difficult to find the Joysway boats. The Aquacraft Mini Mono is a little less than what I am looking for. My budget is very low, about $200, just seeing if this is something I will enjoy and actually do for more than a few months. If so, my budget will increase. I already have a charger and some small lipo's, and I am fine with purchasing some more batteries if needed. Any advice on a boat?

Thanks in advance.

You need it to be self-righting?

Free shipping:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Jo...0487522012019E

Add a 60 amp ESC and Boca ceramic bearings and you're good to go (stock ESC willl eventually burn out, Boca ceramic are for insurance).

My boat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu3pqnpnQew

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
    You need it to be self-righting?

Free shipping:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Jo...0487522012019E

Add a 60 amp ESC and Boca ceramic bearings and you're good to go (stock ESC willl eventually burn out, Boca ceramic are for insurance).

My boat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu3pqnpnQew
    Wow... thought I might get more than 1 reply. Thanks for the reply Massive, I have considered the SMX, however, I would really like the Offshore Warrior. Wish I could find a supplier.

I'm in the same boat (pun intended). Aaron does carry the Offshore Warrior, and it's probably the best price you're going to get with free shipping:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Jo...t-p-46903.html

If you do plan on buying this boat from him, hold off though as there's the Warrior 2, which is guaranteed self-righting and has some improvements. I'll contact him to see if he can get the updated SKU.

Oh, and on the limited response: Many here prefer to support US vendors and frown on sending money to China, which I have nothing against and admire, but for those that are getting into the hobby, the US market models lack some very important features that Joysway have, such as self-righting. I don't think people realize how important this is to a beginner or casual boater. If the Aquacraft models had this I probably would have bought one. It's much easier to take a nice hull design and rip the guts out and put quality components than it is to redesign a poor hull design loaded with quality components or try and glass in a flood chamber.

Of the US models that are self-righting, many use hatch tape to keep water out\secure the hatch. I'm all for using hatch tape as an additional measure to water proof a setup.......I'm against it as a dependent means. It's a PITA to seal\remove tape when you're doing multiple runs.

I have had more luck in convincing Chineese vendors to improve their product than I have US vendors, which are a little too prideful to listen to their customers, or maybe it's a cost issue to change a design.
    Last edited by MassiveOverkill; 08-08-2012 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP598 View Post
    First off, I want to say hello and that I am new to the forum. Been lurking on and off for a few years and finally joined. It's a great forum, with a lot of great information. I was into RC trucks, then planes, now it's boats again!! I had a Prather tunnel with a K&B outboard that a ran many, many years ago. I am now looking for a FE boat. I am looking for a mini v hull, something like the Offshore Warrior or anything similar, up to about 22" or so. I live in the U.S.A. so it is difficult to find the Joysway boats. The Aquacraft Mini Mono is a little less than what I am looking for. My budget is very low, about $200, just seeing if this is something I will enjoy and actually do for more than a few months. If so, my budget will increase. I already have a charger and some small lipo's, and I am fine with purchasing some more batteries if needed. Any advice on a boat?

Thanks in advance.
    The reason its so difficult to get the joysway boats is because distribution is changing. A major US distributor has become exclusive with joysway. They are letting all previous stock with small companies run dry.
    You soon will be able to get all joysway boats Very easy : )

I've found a few warriors by looking EXTREMELY hard.
    The joysway boats are hard to beat. The warrior is Amazing in fact, I hold 2 records with it!
    No tiny mono handles as well at the speeds it reaches. Near Everyone at my local pond has one. They race them..

I know this dosnt help but here in the UK joysway boats are very easy to get, i think a lot of people over look Joysway boats as the dont seem to have the kudose of some other makes of boats so dont even bother trying them. I can confirm what Bill is saying re the Warrior, you wont find a v hull iraspective of price that will handle any where near as well as the Joysway v hulls. Also if you do push the speeds on the Warrior with mods it runs as straight as an arrow right up on the v with no wash or spray coming off the hull just prop wash. A lot of other micro monos wont reach the speeds the warrior can without flipping & flopping around once past a certain speed. Also the X Blaze is is a very handy boat to have if you want something like the Warrior in every way but a little larger. Martin.

I'm in the same boat (pun intended). Aaron does carry the Offshore Warrior, and it's probably the best price you're going to get with free shipping:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Jo...t-p-46903.html

If you do plan on buying this boat from him, hold off though as there's the Warrior 2, which is guaranteed self-righting and has some improvements. I'll contact him to see if he can get the updated SKU.

Oh, and on the limited response: Many here prefer to support US vendors and frown on sending money to China, which I have nothing against and admire, but for those that are getting into the hobby, the US market models lack some very important features that Joysway have, such as self-righting. I don't think people realize how important this is to a beginner or casual boater. If the Aquacraft models had this I probably would have bought one. It's much easier to take a nice hull design and rip the guts out and put quality components than it is to redesign a poor hull design loaded with quality components or try and glass in a flood chamber.

Of the US models that are self-righting, many use hatch tape to keep water out\secure the hatch. I'm all for using hatch tape as an additional measure to water proof a setup.......I'm against it as a dependent means. It's a PITA to seal\remove tape when you're doing multiple runs.

I have had more luck in convincing Chineese vendors to improve their product than I have US vendors, which are a little too prideful to listen to their customers, or maybe it's a cost issue to change a design.
    Warrior-2? Nice!

I just spoke to Aaron (well email) and he's going to try to get the Warrior 2, and hopefully all trims (RTR, ARTR, PNF). I will definately be buying one and my Super Mono X will become my new rescue boat.

On that note I've also told Aaron how important spares are and he's seing into getting the spare motor I found for the Super Mono X. He already carries other spares. I know Hobby People carry Joysway spares but they're OOS or don't have descriptions...........maybe what Bill referenced to for distribution is affecting this.

The main parts youll need for the Offshore Warrior which are allways out of stock are the flex shafts & ball bearings that go in the strut. If you need ball bearings you have to buy the strut as well as it comes with the bearings. I buy after market ball bearings which are very cheap & the same bearings. The stock coupling is the grub screw type that dosnt hold that well after removing a number of times as the screws crush the flex, i change to an Octura collet coupling which is much better for the flex.

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    The reason its so difficult to get the joysway boats is because distribution is changing. A major US distributor has become exclusive with joysway. They are letting all previous stock with small companies run dry.
    You soon will be able to get all joysway boats Very easy : )

I've found a few warriors by looking EXTREMELY hard.
    The joysway boats are hard to beat. The warrior is Amazing in fact, I hold 2 records with it!
    No tiny mono handles as well at the speeds it reaches. Near Everyone at my local pond has one. They race them..
    A major supplier in the US sounds like a great deal, do you happen to have an expected timeframe? I have done a fair amount of research and because of that research, I have decided on the Off Shore Warrior. I have nothing against the boats offered by American suppliers, however there is nothing RTR that is compareable to the Warrior for size, speed, handling, and battery size. I wanted something that only required a battery up to 2200 mah.

Thanks to all for the reply.

I actually bought my Super Mono X from a US supplier, but until the US Joysway vendors start carrying spares, my business is going to Banggood. Thanks for the suggestions Martin, did you use regular or ceramic replacement bearings. I learned something new..........I though the stinger just used bushings not bearings............makes sense though.

I see that the Warrior still uses a straight stainless stuffing tube, but the stinger is probably at a different angle. That means my straight shafts will have to have flex tips at both ends.

Martin, I take it you no longer own the Warrior because you moved up to bigger boats and really have nothing bad to say about the Warrior?

No i still have the Warrior ( non stock ), its a great little boat to take out now & again. Thinking about it its probably the most fun boat as it self rights immidiatelly so you can be stupid with it. The Warrior uses a stainless tube that is curved, this helps stabalize the flex in the tube + the strut is adjustable but normally runs paralel with the bottom of the hull (i run mine up at the prop end just to loosen the hull off further). The ball bearings i use in the strut are chrome steel ( same as the originals), the ones i use are for rc car axles but their just stock ball bearings. their also dirt cheap as well so you can change them out when nessesary as i run on salt water but not a problem. They withsand things ok considering im running mine at 42000 rpm unloaded. Martin.

Thanks Martin...........well I guess I have more work ahead of me if I want my straight shaft setup as I'll have to replace the stuffing tube. Flex tips at both ends is definately going to be a must if I go for the straight shaft mod.

Default Hi

A quick note that I know Martin will particularly appreciate is that the new joysWay models feature a new type of composite resin.
    The previous warriors were quite brittle, but now they're using a resin more like the delta force models, maybe even better. I have a prototype hull that smacked concrete at 70 and didn't crack!

The problem your going to have useing a straight stuffing tube & shaft is the transition at the parallel strut, even if you had a flex in this area the change in angle would be to great & to short a length in the bend area. The flex would break, if you run a straight shaft their is a lot of negative angle on the strut pushing the bow down which will affect speed & handling over the parallel drice angle. Martin.

Well bullocks!!

Bill have you had a chance to test out the Bullet? http://www.joysway-hobby.com/Product_show.asp?proid=506

My next boat is going to be another Joysway, either the Bullet or Offshore Warrior. They're about the same price. I know the Bullet is plastic while the Warrior is glass.

Haven't tried one yet, but believe me I'm interested..

Bill.... or anyone else that can answer this question. What type of connectors does the Offshore Warrior have on the ESC from the factory?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CP598 View Post
    Bill.... or anyone else that can answer this question. What type of connectors does the Offshore Warrior have on the ESC from the factory?

Thanks.
    Deans.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Deans.
    Thanks Martin.

Default Postman Delivered

Looky what the postman delivered today!

Nice, where'd ya order from?

Ebay

This one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Brushless...06%26rk%3D1%26

Man, waiting for Joysway stock to deplete so they can do their 'launch' is taking too long.

This one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Brushless...06%26rk%3D1%26

Man, waiting for Joysway stock to deplete so they can do their 'launch' is taking too long.
    Yep... ordered on Monday, arrived on Thursday to WA. state. The price was a little higher than I had hoped to pay, but I was tired of waiting for someone in the states to be a distributor.

Thanks, I may order one myself since I already have TX/RX I can reuse.

Thanks, I may order one myself since I already have TX/RX I can reuse.
    As you can see, they may only have a few left.

Hey CP, is the stuffing tube on yours curved as Martin said it would be or straight? Curious how much the bottom of the hull has changed compared to the original Warrior.

Also it seems to have this motor:

http://www.emaxmodel.com/views.asp?hw_id=246

Can you determine if it has any markings to verify or if you can visually inspect if it's the 6, 8 , or 11 motor (I believe those numbers may refer to the number of pole magnets). Maybe it even has the KV rating somewhere on the can itself.

Good to know that spares are cheap:

http://www.valuehobby.com/xyh-b2445-...ner-motor.html

Thanks.

The motor used in the Offshore Warrior is an FSD 2445 3000kv with 3.17mm ( .125" ) shaft. Martin.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast