Thread: I'm sick of emptying my tiny(80 count?) PM box......how can it hold more PLEASE?

Default I'm sick of emptying my tiny(80 count?) PM box......how can it hold more PLEASE?

I have a 2,000 count pm box on RCG and like an 87 or some weird number here..................I get so tired of writing a big long PM and hit send only for it to say its full AFTER i write it, then its gone and I have to re-write the whole thing!!!!! You would think at LEAST it would show full when it is...................

For such and advanced forum this is really odd. Thanks
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Click on "Settings" at the top of the page. Scroll down to and click on "General settings". Now scroll down and click on" Private messaging off" Problem solved. LOL
    Seriously, weather you have 80 PMs or 8000, at some point in time you're going to have to take out the trash.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Wow!! If its that simple i feel like an idiot................but I cant get any that way...............hey, you kidder!!!
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

So no ability to make it larger......................or at least to tell when its full???? Heck i dont even know how many it holds.............something in the 80's I think???????

I do take out the trash, but I like to keep important ones handy, how big is your pm box?

RCG also has sponsors (Hobby King, Servo City, X-heli, etc..) that help pay for the extra storage.

I cut and paste any important info to MS Word and store it.

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    So no ability to make it larger......................or at least to tell when its full???? Heck i dont even know how many it holds.............something in the 80's I think???????

I do take out the trash, but I like to keep important ones handy, how big is your pm box?
    Look down at the bottom of your PM box and it should tell you the capacity. Mine has always been 250 total for sent and received.
    Like Chilli I copy the important ones to Word just in case something happens to the forum. I lost some good stuff when RRR was hacked a few years ago.
    Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

OK, mine is 75, surely a "Senior member" from 2009 can get a bigger box????????? Thanks in advance for your help!!

OK, mine is 75, surely a "Senior member" from 2009 can get a bigger box????????? Thanks in advance for your help!!
    It used to be 50.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Apparently you talk too much for the time you have been on the forum. LOL
    I don't have any idea if that can be adjusted or not.
    Hopefully Steven will chime in here.
    Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Why do you need more...pack rat syndrom? Hoarder?

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Why do you need more...pack rat syndrom? Hoarder?
    Good one. No, Make-A-Wake wants to know he is loved And just to let you know, you are appreciated. I guess you should just take it as a compliment...till steve (or whoever controls the internets based forum) up the capacity.

Some days I am still in awe (how the hell do you spell that) of this computer technology and i grew up with it more or less...

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by D.Smock View Post
    Click on "Settings" at the top of the page. Scroll down to and click on "General settings". Now scroll down and click on" Private messaging off" Problem solved. LOL
    Seriously, weather you have 80 PMs or 8000, at some point in time you're going to have to take out the trash.
    but doesnt shutting that off keep people from sending pm's ?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    but doesnt shutting that off keep people from sending pm's ?
    Yes sir,
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

well may sound funny but I'd be also in favour of a bigger PM box. I'd even pay a donnation like $5 or $10 to support Steven and OSE. Thats how they do it also in the german Hydroworld forum. For a little PayPal donnation you can support the forum and the people who run it, besides that you get a bigger PM box and if you want a little status that shows you are a sponsor.

There have been days when I got more than 5 PM's and also my box tends always to be full.

regards,
    Manuel

Quote Originally Posted by ManuelW View Post
    well may sound funny but I'd be also in favour of a bigger PM box. There have been days when I got more than 5 PM's and also my box tends always to be full.

regards,
    Manuel
    I have gained a "Plus" status on RCG and my box went up to 2,000.....................and just as you said, you get 4-5 pm's in one day and its full before you even realize it.

Horders
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    Horders
    I just like to keep the important ones....................

and BTW, the for sale threads are filling up with the "pm sent" posts again

Help out by reporting the threads

I just like to keep the important ones....................

and BTW, the for sale threads are filling up with the "pm sent" posts again
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham